Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bills' Leadership, especially Sean McDermott, coach of the Bills, for aggressively trying to gently caress over their upcoming QB and veteran center.

Basically, Bills brass made a fuss about not wanting to pay Tyrod Taylor even though he was having a great year. Coach looked for any reason to bench or IR Tyrod in order to make him miss incentives and, of course, decided to pull him despite him having a record year. McDermott started Nathan Peterman, who went to throw 5 INT in his first half played. It was terrible and super transparent.

Bills put Tyrod back at starter and decided to overutilize Tyrod, forcing him to take bigger risks which culminated in Tyrod getting injured. All mishandling of their competent QB stuck the team with a poo poo playoff seed (somehow) shere they were not physically ready to face the Jags. Tyrod got injured, again, trying to lead a comeback.

Knowing Tyrod deserved to get paid, the Bills did the opposite - TT got traded to the Browns...

Meanwhile, their historic center Eric Wood was diagnosed with a career ending injury. Wood wasset to retire until the Bills notified him that they would attempt to reclaim part of his extension bonus if he retired. Wood had to cancel his retirement until the details became public, and only then did management decide that the PR hit wasn't worth a few mil in cap space.

Oh yeah, the Bills' president had to resign for misconduct. Note that the Tyrod trade took place after he left, so that was more of a GM/coach thing, but still.

Also, seconding the following:
Trump
Jerry Jones
Texans Owner
Panthers Owner
Pete Carroll
Jed York
Vontaze Burfict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hell why not I’ll second UT

I was gonna do this too but it looks like the bracket is set.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Jed York

Jerry was a grody old man but it bit him in the rear end and he was forced to step down/sell his beloved franchise. He also didn't fight the allegations or anything, so he's less of a douche and more of a lecher (though I'm definitely not excusing what he did). He will take his money and live out the last of his life being known as a pervert.

Jed, however, is still taking every chance to sell out for Silicon Valley, all while telling his actual fanbase that they should be thankful for all that he does.

TLDR: Jed York decided to tank this season to spite Kaepernick and has tried to make himself look like a compassionate owner when he is just the tip of Jerry Jones' spear.

To summarize the non-personnel stuff, Levi's Stadium is still a hyper expensive deathtrap located hours away from their old stadium. York has publicly stated that he would rather have wifi available for people making business deals midgame than he would making PSLs more available. He also decided to confiscate land that was set aside as a childrens' soccer field because he wanted a helicopter landing area, FYI.

After spending last year trying his hardest to not to spend money as a means to support their best QB in a long time, York had the balls to tell Kaep that he could either quit or be fired. Kaep took the latter option in order to get a jump on FA and York spun it to make Kaep look like a greedy glory boy. It's been floated that York was also complicit in selling Kaep down the river over the whole kneeling shebang because it would help get some of the fan base to accept his leaving. York then spent most of FA promising Niners faithful that they would return to competency by investing in QB support, which they should have done the year before. They even grabbed Garcon at WR, which was great, but who would replace Kaep? The result... Brian Hoyer being picked up for $12m/2 years.

The Niners then went 0-5 to start the season and people started openly questioning why York was willing to spend on a receiving corps if they weren't going to keep with a decent QB. Kaep was still available and talking about taking a pay cut! York told them to kick rocks because he wasn't about to admit he was wrong. In game 6, Hoyer is so bad that he gets benched for CJ loving BEATHARD, a person whose own parents had never heard of him before. They lose that game and the next few, too.

NFL owners' meetings take place and the public begins to question whether Kaep has been blackballed when a loving nobody is starting for the team. York steps up to the plate to boldly claim "I don't think so." SF gets to 1-10 and their own players are openly questioning why York is not supporting the protests/why Kaep is not around/etc. York hears their concerns and... offers backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo a five year contract that had a higher AAV than what Kaep was asking for. That that trade worked out for SF is fine and dandy, but the message has been clear for a while - York didn't like Kaep and wouldn't change his tune about the issue.

Since then, not much has happened on that end. Kaep now has a collusion case against the NFL Owners and it looks like York is probably going to be defendant #1 if it gets that far. Shockingly, the other big protester from SF, Eric Reid, is also somehow without team and getting no attention in FA, which really makes you think. York "famously" abstained from an informal (non-)vote about whether the owners would want to enforce anthem rules, which is horseshit posturing and means nothing. He has been playing both sides of the debate the whole time and it's super obvious that he is trying to carry water for the older owners while still looking like he cares about black folks. Super petty.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jerry Richardson as it's not like Kaep was only being blackballed by the 49ers. Jerry created a gross work environment for everyone involved and finally being forced to cop to it, despite getting a billion+ dollars, still means he's been running his entire organization like a loving creep forever, affecting far more people that weren't even in situations like Kaeps where they were protesting, they were just coming in to keep their heads down and do their jobs.

I can agree with most of this. However, York is in the unique position that he actively rejected Kaep and then paid a less qualified player more money, all while pushing the narrative that the Niners just couldn't make it work. He also acts as if he supports peaceful civil rights protests even though he would kick Malala down a flight of stairs to win over investors.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pete

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Jerry Jones. I'm actually kinda shocked at how non-douchey all of my Philly friends are about the SB.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
NFL Owners but I would rather focus on specific ones, honestly.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bills for all the reasons I already listed.

Tawm has been pretty lukewarm compared to his normal douchebaggery - I think we are just getting a deeper dive into it but I've built up a tolerance. Plus the Pats org has basically stopped enabling him so he is going full recluse mode as of late.

Meanwhile, Bills' FO basically sabotaged their first good QB in a while for, uhh, reasons? They also nickle and dimed a fan favorite player after he was forced to medically retire, which is ultra douchey.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
My understanding with the Patricia situation is that the Lions simply never asked him if he'd ever been involved in a sex crime. Seeing as how it had not come up in his background check, why would he offer up that information willingly?

Anywho, Chargers because if they're gonna make you watch mid-grade football on a soccer pitch outside of town, they should at least not charge for parking.

e: They also denied requests from veterans to go see LT retire so that's an actual thing.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Feels like he has been nominated for not offering up the fact that he was accused of sexual assault in the past.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Irsay for trying to pin Luck's slow recovery on the QB's attitude and not on the fact that the team pushed him to workout before he was fully healed.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Forgot about this thread, current round is too depressing to vote in. Everything Is Terrible

Yeh

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Collinsworth

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Whitlock x 1000

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Clay Travis because his is a continuous campaign that he has defended wholeheartedly.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
McNair for reasons that I'll save for a tougher matchup.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Even with the new revelation that he required the statue of him to say up as part of the team's sale, I still think Richardson was already punished for his transgressions, so that mitigates (but doesn't excuse) what he did. Hell, he even admitted fault and voluntarily stepped down which shows a bit too much self-awareness for this tourney.

Pete on the other hand is so far up his own rear end that he was somehow able to go from darling coach to reviled in two years without committing a crime.
-Running good players off because he had a specific faux spiritualism that folks had to buy into, then puttimg the onus on those who left when confronted by his newly depleted roster, is douchey.
-Inviting a known bigot/misogynist/etc to talk to your team because he might be inspiring, then refusing to acknowledge the damage done, then telling those that complained that they haven't been willing to listen to alternate views, is really douchey.
-Responding to all of the wrongs in the world by saying that everyone should by into his New Empathy, a one page manifesto of buzzwords with no significant message at all, then patting himself on the back for being so enlightened, is super douchey.

Pete is the textbook too up his own rear end archetype of douchebaggery that this tournament is supoosed to focus on.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Richardson would win hands down of this was the 2018 Aaron Hernandez Memorial Piece of poo poo of the Year Contest. Sadly, we are here to discuss douchebags.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Grittybeard posted:

You have been making this argument for years and have been outvoted for years though.

2018 is the Zurreco time!

You're not wrong, but the point stands. Every year the rules get tighter and tighter to reduce this whole "evil vs douche" discussion and it will have to come to a head eventually.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Jerry

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bills

They actively tried to lose games and hamper future opportunities for no reason whatsoever.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Irsay

Lying to your fans to boost ticket sales a paltry amount, then blaming your employees when you get called out is some bullshit. Reacting to backlash by forcing the face of your franchise to workout prematurely, thereby exacerbating the injury and delaying his return, and blaming the setbacks on his mental state is even more bullshit. Irsay was in a prime position as owner/CEO to simply say "I was confused/misspoke/did not have all the info" in order to make this a nonissue, but he just had to double down to avoid any blame at all.

On top of all of that, look at his loving facial hair.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Whitlock because he knows he is doing it and purposefully refuses to cede anything.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bob McNair

In his attempt to virtue signal to the right, he has alienated a portion of his fanbase, lost almost all support from his locker room, and has convinced a lot of quality players that they should have no interest in playing in Houston. I love the "I apologize for apologizing" logic he used when realizing that he couldn't spin his 'inmates in prison' comments. Plus, for all of his bloviating about respecting the flag, his own flag ceremonies break the official flag code rules of never carrying Old Glory flat and horizontal.

What happens if JJ Watt decides to join the protests? Does McNair sell the team overnight? Good lord.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Jerry

Jones

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bills FO & Co

They acted to the detriment of their team, players, coffers, etc just to show they have the power to do so. There was also no punishment for having done so, which communicates to other teams that the concept of owners having complete control over their employees is justified. I expect that future teams will use this as precedent to start punishing their players for refusing to throw their careers down the shitter.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Whitlock is a big douche but it's performative and tied to his income.

McNair is a douche who not only believes all the dumb poo poo he espouses, but also forces his douchey thoughts onto his employees and other owners. Nothing could have been douchier than referring to black players protesting as "inmates running the prison" until McNair, having been caught saying so, responded with "I apologize for apologizing."

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

1. Bob McNair
2. Jerry Jones
3. DA Kevin Smith

This is the correct order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004