Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chris James 2 posted:

How do people in multiple subforums keep falling for Cavauroposts

I personally think it's funnier to take him seriously, as if humoring the mentally disabled. You'll get there Cavy, don't give up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also Matt Patricia for not disclosing being a fratboy douchebag gang rapist.

Seconded, and fixed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pete Carroll. I'm so sick of this guy and I'm not even on his team. I'm not convinced he's a very good coach and I think it's time to give someone with new ideas a chance with the Seahawks. A truther and a misogynist (or at the very least a clueless dope). I'm sure if he wins douchebag of the year he'll be so ashamed he'll resign so I'm all in.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Having trouble getting overly upset about a bunch of drunken inbreds from minnesota. Their life is hard enough already, what with the crippling alcoholism, lack of opportunities, low temperatures and even lower iqs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm going with Bills and their leadership. Tyrod isn't perfect, but he has talent and together with a strong defense could be a serious problem for other teams. Unfortunately just like in Washington the team couldn't accept what they had and make the best of it, instead making it clear how little respect and belief they had in their starting quarterback.

Mostly though my reasoning comes from the team's choice to pay a king's ransom and move up in the draft, not for Josh Rosen a guy who can throw a football and it goes where he wants it to, but Josh Allen a guy who can't do that. The Bills have voluntarily chosen football purgatory. They won't want to admit they made a mistake, but eventually they will have to. In the meantime, they will continue to serve as Tom Brady's punching bag, allowing the Patriots to have one of the easiest schedules in football year after year and consigning their fans to depression and madness.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

gently caress The Bills. That Nathan Peterman game was one of the biggest NFL trainwreck games I've ever watched, and treated Tyrod like garbage all season (before that too but specifically this season for the sake of this competition) for no good reason it was racism Tyrod is better off in Cleveland than in Buffalo, somehow.

Creating the conditions wherein a football player will be "better off in Cleveland" is in itself a pretty monumental feat of douchery

Play
Apr 25, 2006

As much as I desperately want to vote for Matt Patricia, I feel dirty voting for him on the basis of lying to his employer, something all of us have probably done, rather than being a violent gang rapist. Everyone should lie to their employers, the other thing not so much.

I think we should be able to vote on the basis of being a rapist when the information only became available this year. Basically that means if something doesn't come out for a year that person is safe from the TFF DOUCHEBAG OF THE YEAR CONTEST, which is unacceptable. I abstain in protest and i am steaming mad

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jim Irsay should be hanged by the neck until dead for the murder of one Andrew Luck

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Abuses by colleagues are reported by police officers all the time, so I guess there are okay cops. Should happen a lot more obviously, and I'm gonna go for the cops anyways. The first incident is maybe a little unclear regarding why the cops picked up Bennett in particular, but living in Las Vegas myself I absolutely believe they slammed him against the wall and put their knee way too hard on his back.

The whole thing with the Super Bowl and those charges looks even worse; to me, it also seems like totally fabricated charges. Nothing about it makes sense and it was probably an abortive attempt to get the local sheriff reelected by pleasing their racist citizenry

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chris Collingsworth I absolutely hate that raspy gently caress. He used to be okay but he's gotten extremely repetitive with his commentary and he misses things that are beyond obvious. A lot of the announcers do it but he's always officiating from the announcer's box in a way that I find irritating because what he thinks doesn't matter at all. His commentary in the Super Bowl was amazingly bad, honestly I was shocked they chose him for that and not Tony Romo.

I wasn't happy with those Triplette calls but he's gotten more right than he has wrong and at the end of the day if you blew the whistle early then you kind of have to stand by it, just like if you didn't blow it at all. Still an absolutely horrible forward progress call

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jason Whitlock. This horrible creature is satiated by the hate, fear and casual racism he sows in his white fan base. A gibbering moron with nothing of value to add to any conversation. A grotesque stooge for his masters and a betrayer of all right-thinking individuals.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I have to go with Gronk because that hit makes me more angry every single time I see it. His bullshit non-apology and the fact that he's legally retarded make absolutely no difference.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yep we got some real douchebags on our hands here boys

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

being brutally struck by a 270 pound man while you're laying prone because the football game isn't going his way, or reading a twitterman and getting mad. For shame

Also struck in the back of the head which is a guaranteed way to get a really severe concussion

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bob McNair. If he's that racist in mixed company imagine how he talks when it's only his stooges around. A good example of what's wrong with the NFL, as well as with the country.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pete Carroll. He's in the process of committing a great crime against the Seahawks organization and Russell Wilson. I'm starting to become more and more convinced that a great defense (more than great, one of the best defenses of all time) fell into Pete's lap and that's the only reason he's had any of the success he has. Horrible drafting in the last three drafts, bad schemes and bad coaching, and now the total evisceration of that great defensive unit. Bringing that rear end in a top hat Peterson in was completely inappropriate as well, and I have no respect for truthers whatsoever. He's a bad person

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i am voting for pete carroll and the reason why is to make my friend's contest look even more very legitimate. This is a valid reason that has been explained and is worth 3 or 5 points

pate carroll = toelet

Play
Apr 25, 2006

what's he doing to that panther back there is what I wanna know. it seems upset

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm voting for ESPN because I'm feeling contrary

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This is definitely a tough one but I'm sticking with the Bills. I like their players, I want them to be good and I want the AFCE to be a division people actually want to watch. That team is going to be so, so bad next year and for the foreseeable future. This is an enormous advantage for the hated Patriots and I will not have it

also

Tom Sellout posted:

The god drat Cleveland Browns are a better place for Tyrod Taylor's career. gently caress the Buffalo Bills for not letting this beautiful man shine.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm gonna go with Irsay too.

The team he's responsible for was granted the opportunity to draft the guy who may have been the best quarterback prospect of all time. I'm not sure how it could've been managed worse. At every step of the way, failure and dysfunction. Continuously bad football teams are offensive to me and the Colts are perhaps the worst offenders right now, despite having high draft picks for several years. The way the team absolutely depends on Andrew Luck and also manages to alienate him and surround him with worthless "talent" is absurd. The way the injury was treated initially was foolish and the fact that everyone was lied to for well over a year is near criminal

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'd never even heard Whitlock until this thread so I doubt many people listen to him at all. Those that do are surely already massive racists.

I have listened to some Collingsworth games recently and he is just so, so bad. The same loving anecdotes over and over that usually have nothing to do with anything. The same tired cliches spouted off multiple times a game. Almost never has anything insightful to say. In the Super Bowl you could tell that he just couldn't wait to start the "Patriots comeback" narrative every tiny chance he got. He needs to go because seriously, is this the best the NFL can do?

The dude loves the stupidest narratives and loves cramming them in where they don't belong even better. I'm sure Whitlock is the worse person but Collingsworth irritates me more because I have to listen to his loving bullshit

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

wait what? He's a mainstay in these tournaments every year, gets posted about in the sports broadcasting/journalism threads all the time, and he's frequently posted about in the football threads for poo poo like the Kaep stuff. He's worked for ESPN and Fox Sports for almost 2 decades now.

I guess that isn't correct I just thought it was because I don't watch that kind of stuff. I don't have cable and I hate tv "journalism" so I get my sports stuff from here, watching the games, podcasts and print articles. From what was posted it kind of seemed like he was more of a bottom feeder but I should've known that the things he says would have a wide appeal in this country

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm skipping this one because I can't decide. On the one side, my burning hatred for Jerry Jones that will never, ever be snuffed. On the other, a man who managed to be the most disgusting old creep in a league filled with disgusting old creeps.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bills. I agree that Kevin Smith is a huge douchebag but isn't an appropriate winner for this contest, being only tangentially related to football. I love the Bills defense and I want them to be a good team, but the management doing everything they can to prevent that is really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Nah the Trump result is pretty appropriate for this year. Who else has been discussed more as a huge douchebag both here and in the wider football world? A massive racist in a position of power trying to control what players think and say, he's basically the number one antagonist of all thinking football fans. I am glad we got it over with but it was inevitable for this year

• Locked thread