Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I just saw this movie, when the old lady told the main character lady to read these magic words and not to worry about what language it is. The only words I could think of were,

Klaatu... Barada...

Kinda cool The Lords of Salem got a remake.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The movie was more funny than scary, in my opinion. It will prob make a boat load of money.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
We didn't even get to hear the magic words.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Blast Fantasto posted:

This was the sole question I had about the plot Since she already had a son, and Paimon needed a male host or whatever, why did it need to be in Charlie first? The best I could figure out was it had something to do with being passed down via the grandmother's breastfeeding of her granddaughter?

How exactly does this work?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Len posted:

How do you have a kid with a nut allergy and not take an EpiPen everywhere? I get if they were poor because those are expensive and American insurance is a joke. But they didn't look that poor.

Talk about some bad parenting.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Planet Piss posted:

I definitely didn't catch that, and I don't think it's true none of the cultists at the end looked younger than 40. I was specifically looking for Joan but she doesn't even seem to be there.

She was there in the ADR only so its almost like they made a movie and found out it was a boring slog and had to write a big crazy ending.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

glam rock hamhock posted:

My crowd sucked, making constant tongue clicking sounds at every quiet moment until I yelled for them to loving quit it already

I mean for fucks sakes the movie uses that sounds really effectively and they were pretty much actively undermining it

I really hope you are joking or when you saw the movie you yelled at people for the sound the movie makes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Every time I think about this movie now I just remember the scene from Cabin in the Woods. "I'm drawing a line in the loving sand here, do not read the latin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqRnnk37vx4

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why exactly did she let her old mother breast feed charlie? Old ladies make milk still?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Kinda strange to let an old lady breast feed the child. Really the whole movie could of been solved just with some common sense.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

banned from Starbucks posted:

Goddamn this movie was bad. Why did this poo poo need to be 2 hours long. This was like someone said what if I take a goosebumps episode, stretch it out over 2 hours and try to make it seem really deep.

I agree. Did they really need to make the Lords of Salem reboot this long?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mormon Star Wars posted:

He doesn't want to be there, so the cult arranges things (the symbol is on the telephone pole already when they are on their way TO the party) so that Charlie will die and it will be Peter's fault, theoretically making him the most vulnerable.

So convoluted. I guess they planned him to go to a high school party and also the party would also be baking a cake with nuts. And this family doesn't have an epipen.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

acksplode posted:

Yeah this is the sense I get too. It explains the scene where Annie threw the sketchbook into the flames, but Peter caught fire. I watched the scene with the "rule" established in my head that the person who sets the book on fire catches fire themselves, so my expectation (and, I imagine, the cult's plan) was that Annie would manipulate Peter into doing it and receiving the punishment. But then he gets fed up and says gently caress this poo poo, Annie rips the book from his hands and chucks it into the fireplace, and...Peter catches fire anyway. It's like the outcome was pre-ordained and the series of events that got us there is almost irrelevant.

You mean the movie does things completely random and then leave it up for the audience to make up the entire backstory in their heads?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can we talk how funny it was how his mothers headless body flew into the tree house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How big was that tree house? Could they really not solve the who took two bodies out of cemetery in a few weeks?