Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

Hateboard was made by like half of the Barkley team lol. Oh how they've fallen.

I hear they got a fuckin awesome Ideas Guy collaborating with them now though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

make sure you don’t miss the chaser thread either

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968297

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

yeah the dude earned the hell out of it, over and over and on several levels

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

There was a post discussing it in the CineD general chat where one of their regulars said that it was gratifying seeing a community that wasn’t “inexplicably resigned to his presence” react to Lurdiak which I think about every time this comes up

yeah that post has burned itself into my memory too lol

we had literally no idea who this guy was before that thread, and now he’s engraved into a giant stele in the imp zone pantheon

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

that thread was hilarious in every possible universe

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

to be fair, it is an utterly devastating insult, there’s just no way to recover from it.

like just try to imagine your own name, but with “turd” added to it, it’s like verbal checkmate. gently caress. Even imagining it is making me nauseous with shame. gently caress. poor bastard

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Hiraeth posted:

Can't wait. #E32019🎮

memories of the cliffyb/Kojima Twitter exchange lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

he’s right you know

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Oh yeah… that DIDN’T happen… yet!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Sega Kid of my group was named James and got stoked when his mom salted his sliced cucumber (his snack from home).

"Ooh, she salted em." - James

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

my Sega Kid was Zack and he would invite us over to play genesis in his tiny attic room whenever his parents hosted dinner parties at their house, which was often. He would always bring up a bunch of cherry liqueur cordials from the party because none of the adults gave a poo poo. I’m not sure I ever even met his parents

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Look at that subtle off-green colouring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it's even salted.

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

coming home from school and just staring at the grass in Halo like a dipshit, in complete awe at the detail.

I did the same exact thing only I was in college so I skipped a bunch of classes to play it. same with morrowind when it came out on the Xbox

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

think I said this before but right after school I got on Everquest and got a lot of good items for free because people thought the world was ending lmao

dark lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I mentioned this story before, but back when the DC snipers stuff was happening our teacher was explaining it to us and all the students were silent until someone near the back turned on their GBA and the startup sound came on at max volume

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

twisted resistor

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

b_d posted:

i think twisted sisters music video was featured in "the navigator" as an example of how different things were after the kid was transported to the future. that might be the only context i've heard them in. might be thinking of a different song though.

yeah it was definitely in there. flight of the navigator

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Sega Kid of my group was named James and got stoked when his mom salted his sliced cucumber (his snack from home).

"Ooh, she salted em." - James

woke myself up this morning with a wheezy Muttley laugh at “ooh, she salted em”

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I have unfortunately been made the victim of an epic troll

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao awesome

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

the wish granter works after all

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao 4 minutes well spent

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

my sympathies to the designer who had to improvise a four-minute video using the 3 logo assets they provided

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's time to kick rear end and show gameplay footage. And I'm all out of footage

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Kins posted:

i think that was intended to just play on a loop on the wall of a convention booth or something, i have no drat clue why they uploaded it to youtube

only the ds version of the first game in the trilogy was ever released, and it fuckin suuuuuucks. the psp version was unreleased but the source code is apparently in the possession of the library of congress or something weird like that

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

DUKE: Top men? Sorry, I don't swing that way.

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

time for my monthly re-read of the imp zone DNF thread lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Kongming posted:

You're saying this like it's Vietnam or the Vancouver riots or something. As heated and important as the discussion seems to you now, no one is going to look back on this thread in 1, 5, or 10 years and shake their head at how craaaaazy it got.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Just a spent a whole long-rear end road trip with my in laws, sitting in the backseat loling at the duke thread while my mother in law periodically asks my wife in Japanese wtf I’m laughing at.

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Kins posted:

oh yeah, how haven't i mentioned this yet

Tyrannosaurus Tex was a full-fledged wolfenstein-style fps on the game boy color. framerate is actually pretty good, too, with full-colour static slideshows for cutscenes.

in the end, the publisher dropped it because the cartridge would have been too expensive, no other publishers picked it up because it wasn't a movie/tv license, and then, uh, the programmer/studio founder fled the country with the source code, leaving the rest of the team with no way to continue

this looks cool

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

still laughing at the t-rex. what gam- ...oh

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

on Steam or your phone or whatever

:(

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

i thought it said DSP duke nukem game and got really excited

trying to jack off posted:

*jon st johns old and clearly tired duke voice* me, ree

I got the tude now posted:

I would argue you should blow it out your rear end.

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

What the gently caress?? Why can't I... oh great. loving great, dude. The game says I'm supposed to kick rear end AND chew bubble gum but guess what? I'm all out of bubblegum. Great game design, 3D Realms, I got no bubble gum left in my inventory. And I can't even buy any cause I spent all my money on the stripper. [10 minutes of walking in circles] This is loving stupid, dude. Where am I supposed to get more bubble gum, what is this poo poo?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

we already knew it had cans that’s the whole point

e: misread post nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU