Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The unfinished fourth Doom game that was straight up just Call of Duty With Demons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HI-Ev2ZbX4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

this one is a bummer

It looked kinda mediocre honestly but yeah, still sucks. Might've been okay. They said they're gonna be focusing a lot on Japanese Xbox games at E3 this year but it'll probably just be a couple of ports and a $12 downloadable game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFlingmmeZE

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Warner Herzog: This is Timothy's camera. During the fatal attack, there was no time to remove the lens cap. Jewel Palovak allowed me to listen to the audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN90ar6G3pE

Warner Herzog: Turn it off. Jewel, you must never listen to this.

Jewel Palovak: I know, Warner... I'm never going to.

Warner Herzog: I think you should not keep it, you should destroy it... I think that's what you should do.

Hahahahahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Euphoria Engine Indiana Jones game that they actually showed at a couple of E3s (2005/2006)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/05/10/e3-2006-indiana-jones-eyes-on

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Rogue Squadron HD Trilogy that Lucasarts was like 99% finished with when Disney destroyed them and scrapped everything forever to have EA make their games instead. Also Battlefront III and Empire at War II

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

That Star Wars 1313 game looked interesting too before being scrapepd

From my understanding that was basically just a Star Wars Uncharted, which probably would have sucked a lot, but maybe a Lucasarts could’ve pulled it off?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Six Days In Fallujah

A game about the Second Battle Of Fallujah in late 2004. It was being written by a Operation Desert Shield veteran and was going to have two campaigns, one as a US Marine corporal and one as an Iraqi insurgent, and it was going to have relatively little combat and focus mostly on how hosed up and misguided everything about invading Iraq was, and was also meant to be commentary on how making modern war themed games while modern wars are occurring IRL is kind of messed up (It was being developed at the very height of the modern shooter craze, around the time of MW2 and the Medal Of Honor reboot and stuff- people at the time were sometimes referring to it as ‘the Anti-Call Of Duty’) so it basically would’ve beaten Spec Ops The Line to the punch, but unlike SOTL, it might have been decent. The media caught wind of the playable Iraqi insurgent stuff and the resulting public outcry made them cancel the game and shut down the studio shortly after. F

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IsSRMi4i0

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In the mid 90s Blizzard teamed up with the developer of the Zelda CDI games to make a Warcraft point and click adventure game and it was almost completely finished before they cancelled it. Some Russian guys found the almost-finished game boxed up in a warehouse and uploaded it to a bunch of torrent sites a couple of years ago and now there’s a lot of “full” playthroughs on youtube.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Whoa what the heck’s going on with the YouTube embeds. Did Lowtax break the site again?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh YouTube crashed completely worldwide. Neat lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[About YouTube being up] Oh yeah... that DIDN’T happen

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

where is the demand for this random procedural poo poo. who is asking for it.

Shareholders saw how hyped people were for procgen very briefly half a decade ago with Minecraft/Star Citizen/No Mans Sky/etc and, being mentally retarded shareholders who can only recognize brief fads and who can’t process long term trends, began to demand humongous risky undertakings that are basically doomed to bomb from the start. Same thing happened with all those dead-on-arrival MMORPGs in the mid-late 2000s

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1100179969702010880?s=21

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

*sadly slides Warp Pipe Pass back into Trapper Keeper*

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

there was a really funny reddit thread i saw on that where people were saying "Who cares its fiction! That means it's a FICTIONAL story" and everyone who responded "Then why not make up a fictional war crime?" was downvoted. this has been your reddit retard update

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago. What DID happen to it anyways?

And that Babylon’s Fall game Platinum teased E3 2018 and haven’t said a word about since. Is that vaporware too?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxdgo1rFcxU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the switch pro

lol

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Obviously reading a cue card] Hello, this is Francis Ford Coppola, director of Apocalypse Now. I liked the movie so much... I made a video game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Look at that subtle off-green colouring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it's even salted.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I was predominately a Nintendo kid growing up until around 2000 when I started spending a lot of my time with friends who had PS2s and Xboxes… I didn’t actually own any non-Nintendo system for myself until I got a PSP around ‘06 (I did have my own PS2 memory card to shuffle between friends’ systems before that, but I don’t think that counts)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

“Well of COURSE I remember where I was on 9/11/2001- I was gleefully opening and playing my brand new PlayStation 2 with hardly a care in the whole world! So much fun… probably one of the best days of my whole life! Seems kind of random and specific that you’d ask me that, though.”

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

>thread about things that DIDN’T happen
>everyone is talking about things that happened

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh yeah... discussion of things that didn't happen DIDN'T happen.

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you still believe a plane hit the pentagon you've definitely played Horizon Zero Dawn to 100% completion.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think I mentioned this story before, but back when the DC snipers stuff was happening our teacher was explaining it to us and all the students were silent until someone near the back turned on their GBA and the startup sound came on at max volume

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In college I brought my laptop to class to "take notes" aka play emulated games. In film class I forgot to turn off the sound when I loaded up Tetris Attack and the sound effect of Yoshi saying "Nintendo" blared extremely loudly through the classroom

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

please watch this right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBfI3FI802U