Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Rise up comrades, and seize the memes of production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
All you gotta do is put "No copyright infringement intended" under your post and legally they can't touch you.

This also works for murder, btw.

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Nurge posted:

It'll be hilarious watching them try to enforce that.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Amend a "this ain't the [meme]" parody title to the bottom of the image (while making it erotic [it's VERY important that you make it erotic]) and you are untouchable by the laws of both Gods and Men.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

i hope they make uncreative parrot hack copy paste lazy poo poo punishable by death

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
don't worry EU, I'll send you memes over in a commercial freighter like Ted Kennedy did for the IRA

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

pinnacle of comedy was that picture of dumb looking dog with nonsense written over it

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The EU is trying really hard to make brexit look like it was a good, informed choice.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Fagmaster posted:

pinnacle of comedy was dog[s]

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Europe’s got bigger problems than copyright laws if this dudes ears torso and hands are the standard there

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Europe’s got bigger problems than copyright laws if this dudes ears torso and hands are the standard there

inbreeding

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mama Luigi astride Yoshi, vanguard to the sizable YTP battalion charges forward waving Britain banner. Just as quickly obliterated into hamburger chunks by a burst of drone turret fire.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I think that forcing meme makers to have to draw a unique version of their source image can only improve memes. See: this thread.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

taiyoko posted:

I think that forcing meme makers to have to draw a unique version of their source image can only improve memes. See: this thread.

it is my sincere belief we don't have enough MSPaint thread on these forums

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Nurge posted:

Completely pointless and unenforceable laws are an extremely EU thing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'd take a thousand pepes and hansens over copyright law becoming even more restrictive.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
D'o'h!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Creamed Cormp posted:

We can fix that...

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 9, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gbye memes

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lasd spurdos before eurobenis bans everything. :finland:

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Creamed Cormp posted:

What does your heart tell you? Do you have MSPaint? Is this a thread?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CzarStark posted:

What does your heart tell you? Do you have MSPaint? Is this a thread?

Here I made this goat in mspaint to help out memesters. I relinquish all copyright to it in perpetuity!

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nurge posted:

Here I made this goat in mspaint to help out memesters. I relinquish all copyright to it in perpetuity!

This is amazing, and so are all the other MSPaints so far (except mine). Which is why, with mod approval, this is now a
:siren:
:wow: :pusheen: MSPAINT MEMES THREAD! Draw memes that won't get Lowtax sued in Europe in MSPaint, go go go!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
EU can suck my dick since they are the shittiest of the memes.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nurge posted:

Lasd spurdos before eurobenis bans everything. :finland:

sad to see like 99% of finnish culture be snuffed out like that ngl

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Creamed Cormp posted:

sad to see like 99% of finnish culture be snuffed out like that ngl

Very true.

The quality is astounding. This is the post-meme future. Look upon it and weep.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
*some joke about hiding memes in attics/cupboards until the meme SS starts going door to door*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nurge posted:

They'll probably just tell tech companies to do it or else face big fines, then sit back and collect fines from all the American pigdog companies

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

They'll probably just tell tech companies to do it or else face big fines, then sit back and collect fines from all the American pigdog companies

There are massive complications for that though. I'm not sure they'll be able to enforce it in any meaningful way. Well I'm hoping they won't anyway. Otherwise the internet is going to change a whole lot.

e: I mean I've been thinking about the recent privacy stuff. I'm all for that and it was cool and all, but I was thinking about the actual costs of implementing it. Even if you assume the smallest possible trouble for it at something like one workday to implement the new system and one more to make the information systems for the end user, the cost for that globally was absolutely mindblowing. This is on an entirely different level.

And I know for a lot of companies it was far far more intricate than that. I have a friend working on an online obituary service and they had a team of four people working for months to bring everything up to EU standards privacy-wise.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 9, 2018

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
only way to stop a bad guy with a meme is a good guy with a meme

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

CzarStark posted:

This is amazing, and so are all the other MSPaints so far (except mine). Which is why, with mod approval, this is now a
:wow: :pusheen: MSPAINT MEMES THREAD! Draw memes that won't get Lowtax sued in Europe in MSPaint, go go go!

Stuck!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Aww yisss. You're awesome dude. I'll have to come up with something better now.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nurge posted:

Aww yisss. You're awesome dude. I'll have to come up with something better now.

You guys and op own. Hope this helps!

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Are possibly-not-copyrighted-but-still-really-well-known sayings from copyrighted works acceptable? Do we have any lawyers around?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Penis saxxxxx.

Or vagsaxxx if you prefer. We don't discriminate.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Heres one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib