Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Sovereign citizens have existed since the roman times

Behold: DUMNORIX

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumnorix

quote:

who “...thought it better to be dominated by fellow Gauls... rather than the Romans.”

Dumnorix continued to be troublesome, and in 54 BC was one of the Gaulish leaders Caesar proposed to take with him as hostages on his second expedition to Britain, fearing that they might cause trouble in his absence. Dumnorix pleaded his fear of the sea and religious obligations in an attempt to get Caesar to leave him behind. When this failed, he claimed that Caesar intended to have them all killed out of sight of their people. Finally, he attempted to escape from Caesar's camp along with the Aeduan cavalry. Caesar sent the rest of the cavalry after him, and Dumnorix was killed, shouting that he was "a free man and a citizen of a free state". The rest of the Aeduan cavalry returned to Caesar's service.

he truly lived up to his name

a troublesome idiot to the end

much like the Mongols of today work as itinerant labor instead of as marauders, the once noble warrior ancestors of these free men now quibble with unhinged and irritated polizei over head-canonized D&D rules and get owned for our enjoyment

the new era begins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0BXiK-MN4c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I do not wish to create joinder with you!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
I AM TRAVELING AND THIS IS NOT A MOTOR VEHICLE

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hi yes how do I get access to the secret government account in my ALL CAPS name with millions of dollars in it?

tia

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Top City Homo posted:

I AM TRAVELING AND THIS IS NOT A MOTOR VEHICLE

~ Genghis Khan

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

WampaLord posted:

Hi yes how do I get access to the secret government account in my ALL CAPS name with millions of dollars in it?

tia
Post your name address social security number credit card numbers, exp dates, and 3 digit code on the back.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Im a :poster:of the land: not the sea and the US government owes me my share of the national debt

Sir am i being detainer sir i will NOT respect this fanily court's authority this is an admirality court

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
fyi I roll my eyes whenever the SPLC refers to the whole right wing refusal tendency as “anti government extremism”. Great grasp of history there guys

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

jerry seinfel posted:

Im a :poster:of the land: not the sea and the US government owes me my share of the national debt

Sir am i being detainer sir i will NOT respect this fanily court's authority this is an admirality court

sir this is a drive through :q:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Top City Homo posted:

Sovereign citizens have existed since the roman times

Behold: DUMNORIX

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumnorix

he truly lived up to his name

quote:

His name, like other Gaulish language names (Ambiorix, Orgetorix, Vercingetorix) contains a -rix suffix which is etymologically related to the Latin rex, Gaelic rí, Sanskrit rāja- and German Reich, indicating kingship or rule; it is probably an aristocratic suffix. Dumno- is etymologically related to the Gaelic domhan "world", indicating that the name may be translated as "king of the world".
:thunk:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

jerry seinfel posted:

:sureboat:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

i dont need a license to drive because i am operating my private property to travel which is not driving

please ignore that i am using state and federally ownrd roadways

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jerry seinfel posted:

i dont need a license to drive because i am operating my private property to travel which is not driving

please ignore that i am using state and federally ownrd roadways

SIR I AM NOT TRAVELLIN I AM PROCEEDING

I DO NOT CONSENT

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT

ARGH HE TASED ME

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALPs_n0WQaY

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
If you order a McDouble without mustard and ketchup, and ask them to add shredded lettuce and Big Mac sauce, you get a fair approximation of a Big Mac for like three dollars cheaper. This information spreads because it works. People do it, and achieve the result

Screaming “I DO NOT CONSENT” does not stop the cop from shattering your window, explaining to the judge that you’re a free traveler not subject to his admiralty law grts you thrown in jail with a contempt of court charge to boot, and yet somehow these people still smugly stick to the “script,” expecting these magic incantations to save them. How is this so pervasive with no evidence that it works and miles and miles of videotape showing that it doesn’t?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

people want to believe op

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Screaming “I DO NOT CONSENT” does not stop the cop from shattering your window, explaining to the judge that you’re a free traveler not subject to his admiralty law grts you thrown in jail with a contempt of court charge to boot, and yet somehow these people still smugly stick to the “script,” expecting these magic incantations to save them. How is this so pervasive with no evidence that it works and miles and miles of videotape showing that it doesn’t?

Counterpoint: the Bundy clan.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

mods please change my handle to TROY: QUEEF, and surround my av with gold fringe

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

The Sovcit movement in of itself is not surprising. I'm kinda shocked it isn't more prevalent.

When you have enforcement that can casually overstep whatever lax limits and get away with what it pleases, often and in full view, combined with a lawyer-required burden for common folk, who aren't really given any leniency or training to mentally digest, especially when poor or imprisoned, you'll get voodoo-like cliff-note rituals like this in some attempt to deal with it.

Mic Dicta talked a little bit about it in this episode: https://soundcloud.com/micdicta/episode-12-fight-the-power

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

If you order a McDouble without mustard and ketchup, and ask them to add shredded lettuce and Big Mac sauce, you get a fair approximation of a Big Mac for like three dollars cheaper. This information spreads because it works. People do it, and achieve the result

Same thing that caused cargo cults to form. People who don't understand how power works will use mysticism to explain and try to control it.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

My favorite thing about sovcit law enthusiasts is that they just pick bits of law from different countries to be the Real Law

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Taxation is theft.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

It's like homeopathy but for the legal system

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Maybe they know they'll be arrested and are just doing it to get cred from their sovfriends and show how corrupt the government is

But on the other hand they always seem so surprised when it happens

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only understand politics through first person shooters and action movies is there a video I can watch to summarize this for me

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

I only understand politics through first person shooters and action movies is there a video I can watch to summarize this for me

Kill pathetic offworlders and take their water.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

Without checking, I bet there's a GTA V mission addressing this very thing.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

jerry seinfel posted:

My favorite thing about sovcit law enthusiasts is that they just pick bits of law from different countries to be the Real Law

Like when Brits demand their First Amendment rights.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
I am not a quote-unquote "member" of Something Awful Dot Com LLC I am a Freeman On The Net, RICHARD, and furthermore

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

jerry seinfel posted:

i hear that canadians trying to plead the 5th in their courts is somewhat prevalent

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i am not a number

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Dreylad posted:

i am not a number

Be seeing you.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
more like fremen of the sand

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

exactly under what jurisdiction am I posting under inside of this so-called "thread"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So is this cops are good thread?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Am I free to go or am I being detained

Am I free to goOOOOOOOOOOW OOOOOOW AAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAH OOOOOOOOW OWWWWWW NO NO GOD NO NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

So is this cops are good thread?

No.

• Locked thread