Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Weeping Wound posted:

exactly under what jurisdiction am I posting under inside of this so-called "thread"

for the record,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

So is this cops are good thread?

cops are never good

Even the film "One Good Cop" is based on a total lie.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
"i do not consent! i do not consent!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
plus it has probably been fed by a lot of criminal procedure jurisprudence

"The cops have to say this magic sequence of words when they arrest you"

"if you say you want a layer, they have to stop and give you one"

"if a cop asks for consent to search and you refuse, he can't search without a warrant"

course there are bigly asterisks for each one of those, but that gets glossed over if you've only seen lovely cop shows

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
has anyone posted this yet?

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

real good examination of the whole sovereign citizen thing by a canadian judge

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

*robs a bank and the cops catch me*

look guys i didn't even consent to capitalism, much less your phoney law that says "no bank robbing" so yall need to turn around and gently caress right o--*gets riddled with bullets*

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
"i consent to every law except the ones that i've broken" --something a loving toddler could come up with

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Foo Diddley posted:

"i consent to every law except the ones that i've broken" --something a loving toddler could come up with

*gets mugged*

*the mugging comes with a free complimentary curbstomping because i won't stop running my dumbass mouth about my sovereignty or whatever*

w-where are the police? :qq:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
It’s ON the land op, meaning not subject to maritime admiralty law. geez you’re so dumb it’s no wonder you lose in court

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

plus it has probably been fed by a lot of criminal procedure jurisprudence

"The cops have to say this magic sequence of words when they arrest you"

"if you say you want a layer, they have to stop and give you one"

"if a cop asks for consent to search and you refuse, he can't search without a warrant"

course there are bigly asterisks for each one of those, but that gets glossed over if you've only seen lovely cop shows
Ah the old days when detainees just asked for their phone call

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Foo Diddley posted:

"i do not consent! i do not consent!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corporation

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Gazpacho posted:

It’s ON the land op, meaning not subject to maritime admiralty law. geez you’re so dumb it’s no wonder you lose in court

for the record I need your badge number and name

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
harry potter but wizard sovcit

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

if someone quotes you without you specifically consenting to rejoinder they owe you $6billion

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i just remembered: Subway Jared, in a last-ditch attempt to beat his pedo rap, has gone full FOTL:
https://twitter.com/adamsteinbaugh/status/930160350477111296

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

the federal government had no Standing to judge me for child loving. now lemme outta here so I can get back to the finer things in life :aatrek:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

lolno

this is the thread for treating laws like they are magic spells that can be used to control the golems of the state

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i cast writ of mandamus on the darkness

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I often think about that guy who got tazed by that grim faced Matt Walsh looking cop because he kept trying take a camera into a court house. pretty funny vid

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 hours!)

Over Easy posted:

this is the thread for treating laws like they are magic spells that can be used to control the golems of the state

how is this any different than actual law?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 hours!)

"APPLE INC WE DEMAND YOU PAY YOUR TAXES"
(waves hand) "i dont want to"
"OH OKAY"

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

the amount that you can say "gently caress the law lol" is directly proportional to the amount of money you control

that's also a law, just an unwritten one

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
The existence of heavily-suppressed real magical incantations like jury nullification probably does a lot for the credence of the wide variety of heavily-suppressed fake magical incantations these chucklefucks love.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
crouching in my Prep Bunker eating baked beans from the can, watching the Jedi mind trick scene from Star Wars IV on loop

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
also not helping was probably the fact that the historic common law was basically magic

you had to get the right writ and follow the precise arcane steps associated with each one (making a particular demand at a certain point but not at any other, using the precise language to state a claim, having the right attestations from the right people, etc). they had latin names and were hyper-technical. That hasn't been around in a long time, but maybe it led to the cultural assumption that complying with some secret code is the road to legal success

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjoJgZIdFaU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

The fact that cops exist is good even if a lot of cops aren't

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
it s the cops aren't real thread

coathat
May 21, 2007

Finally a new thread about right wingers.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

that robot's really fuckin' cool

I'm trying to find the guy in New England that would forever fight meter cops and bilge up his script whenever he ran into a parking meter

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The fact that cops exist is good even if a lot of cops aren't

Jeb! has finally become Rahm Emanuel

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Peanut President posted:

how is this any different than actual law?

ohh yeah, I see what you mean with the apple bit, took me a second to put that together, it "makes sense" if it is a large, powerful entity like apple demanding not to pay taxes and jumping the hoops to ensure that happens, it is another for John Q Private, who is tooling around town with a cardboard license plate and a drivers license he got in the cereal box while he is meeting a guy on craigslist who wants to see his lunchbox full of jars of piss, to say to the cop who pulled him over "I am not for hire and I am not a motor vehicle" and have the cop go "got it ace" wink and go back to cruising for whatever they cruise for

where the bourgeois liberals are under the impression that the world is harry potter in the manichean superficial sense Sov Cits act like Harry Potter style magic spells exist which act as speech checks in the real world in order to get out of any kind of trouble with the state imaginable

*Privatikus Drivikus Drunkio*

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 00:43 on Jun 12, 2018

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

YHWHs Flat Earth dot com

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

it's not sov cit, but it is

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Bolsheviks

- John 19:17

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

yhwhs flat earth dot com is just one of the many benefits america enjoys from having basically no decent mental health care, because there's no decent health care in general unless u got money

i honestly wish i was this loving bonkers, i imagine it makes life so much more bearable, maybe even downright fun.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

What's this, Not a Motor Car stuff about their cars?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I'd be sympathetic to sovcits if they weren't just trying to get out of paying child support etc, because the law is indeed hosed.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

megalodong posted:

I'd be sympathetic to sovcits if they weren't just trying to get out of paying child support etc, because the law is indeed hosed.

They're broken people dealing with a broken system, but that doesn't excuse the dumb poo poo they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
It's faith healing but for legal trouble instead of health problems

• Locked thread