Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

It just gets worse

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

He mailed billet back 2 hours ish after GN's video, so "we already agreed to reimburse them"-blog post is talking about a 60 minute old "agreement".

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Lister posted:

New GN response to the forum post. It's standard journalist practice because a journalist is supposed to get both sides of a short before it goes public. I personally think that Steve should have reached out to LMG for comment, but he makes the argument why he didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3byz3txpso

dont read :justpost:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Combat Pretzel posted:

Did he actually called out for that from appropriate entities, or is that just information that didn't reach GN?

--edit: I guess I should watch this new GN video first.

You should, but short version:

njsykora posted:

Imagine saying you’ve done a thing and not thinking GN wouldn’t immediately contact the people involved to see if you’re lying.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Tornhelm posted:

So Madison has come public with her treatment at LTT and why she quit.

Since I don't have a twitter, heres the imgur of it.

:kstare:

Cantide posted:

Not sure I would trust the account of someone who does this:

"I purposefully cut my leg open so badly I would have to go to the ER to get it stapled back together."

Just saying neither side is trustworthy without evidence one way or another

:fuckoff:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Josh Lyman posted:

Despite popular belief, the job of HR is to protect the employer, not the employees.

Yeah but in a functioning company, that also means comply with workplace regulations so you wont get sued.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Just Another Lurker posted:

Weird hill for him to die on but whatever. :shrug:

lol, it was a bad decision 3 hours ago, it's an even worse one now

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Jeff Fatwood posted:

It's a special kind of whiplash reading Madison's account on things and then watching Linus cry about the water block situation

:agreed:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

power crystals posted:

I wonder how that labs guy with the original "... unlike Hardware Unboxed and GamersNexus" feels right now.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Branch Nvidian posted:

Of course they monetized the apology video. Lmao
https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/1691770919461478862

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsU0uj-OzCc

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

power crystals posted:

I get the impression that Linus genuinely doesn't even know how to abuse people in the way Madison is describing. He is, however, entirely incapable of putting himself in her shoes to realize what the problem is and probably can only offer nonsolutions like "have you tried asking them to stop" because that kind of thing does work for him (since he's the boss and everybody has to do what he says) and he doesn't want to have to have hard conversations.

If you don't clamp down on that kind of behavior as soon as it shows up it will fester as more and more people think "well if he's doing it," and before you know it your company accidentally has a culture of being horribly sexist.

No idea why you think a self-ascribed bully is some blameless flower child that couldn't possibly abuse people

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

OK I don't know all the backstory and certainly not defending the original comment, but I'm pretty sure refusing to log into Onlyfans isn't punishable as desertion.

:chloe:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

SourKraut posted:

Yeah, that’s partly why that other Goon’s comments about not believing her, is so horrible; a female employee at Blizzard ultimately committed suicide due to the harassment they endured, so ultimately someone saying that Madison’s story couldn’t be believed, because she had harmed herself… Yeah, gently caress off with that poo poo.

At least they got a week

Cantide posted:

Yes please enjoy your mob mentality, feels good i'm sure. Please also see that I in no way want to absolve LMG of any responsibility or wrongdoing here. Just don't rush into things without facts and don't think in black and white, people are complicated is all I'm saying. But I can see i'm hosed here, so peace out

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

beep by grandpa posted:

how fired is this dude?

I thought he was jailed in romania

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

Yes sorry that's my hot take. Some soldiers might injure themselves instead of going to the front because 1) they could be killed or be forced to kill in combat, 2) there's literally no legal way out and 3) punishment can court-martial or execution on the spot or having your family punished etc.

Two things can be bad but not necessarily similar or a good example for the other. I hope we can talk about this without immediately going "what do you mean Linus isn't literally worse than Hitler!?"

Nobody said working at LTT was like the trenches at somme, they were using it as an example of how terrible situations might make irrational actions like self harm rational.

When you jump in with "well actually, they wont get shot for deserting linus" that undermines her experiences and actions, and imply that she was irrational, and thus not reliable.

It wasn't a hot take, it was a poo poo take.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

power crystals posted:

but not before Linus managed to manifest a rake out of thin air just to step on it by going "I've never cheated on my wife and to prove that I will list all of my sexual partners:" to everybody's profound confusion and disgust.

:kstare:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

He's like a bad decisions elemental

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I'd actually never seen any footage re:the whole backpack fiasco but holy poo poo the sheer density of this fucker's skull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsX3tUA-wJk&t=737s

Just the stupidest boy

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Combat Pretzel posted:

I had to look it up, because as a non-native English speaker, I haven't heard it.

OK, someone tell me that's the problem here? I interpret his as Madison supposedly not being able to get anything out of this, specifically from the dickwad that caused her the most grief.

Triikan posted:

I think you should reread Merchant of Venice before you continue using this phrase.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

I'm not giving any 88 the benefit of the doubt, especially not from white canadian gaming boys

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Malaria posted:

What happened with Noctua?
I've been following this thread for a few days but I don't remember anything with Noctua.

One of the key points of the GN video was that linus recommended their sponsor and gear partner noctua's products in situations where they based on ltt's own test data didn't work.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Ok Comboomer posted:

you guys will like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh7C-hpibr4

go into it blind

Booo, if it isn't live steam (ie working miniature steam engines) I'm not interested.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Ok Comboomer posted:

IIRC the train they ride is a live steam to electric conversion, they mention some steam trains there

Sincerely doubt that, live steam is $$$, you wouldn't convert that. He called it "gas powered", I imagine it was a lawn mover engine type deal.

Going back to the video, it's a model of a diesel locomotive, that thing never had steam

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Beve Stuscemi posted:

When you see a white person refer to another white person as brother, its guaranteed they're a chud wrestling fan.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

I keep getting served recommendations about some YouTuber named Sssniperwolf. Apparently, she has a lot of subscribers and doxxed someone?
I keep pressing the "Not interested" button, and YouTube keeps recommending more and more videos about the controversy. Excellent algorithm, YouTube!

SS Sniper Wolf

:thunk:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

waffle iron posted:

A while back I watched a YouTube clip of an old DC cartoon and it took months to stop having 20% of my recommendations be 3-5 minute clips from animated TV shows.

This is why removing a video from your watch history is at least as important as subscribing and "don't recommend channel".

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Qmass posted:

**big time mushroom eating ape walking out of the forest energy**

is there a nice util I can install that will analyse an unfamiliar HDD and throw up some stats that will help me work out where the hell all the storage is being eaten up?

I've used WinDirStat for a number of years.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

K8.0 posted:

WizTree is WinDirStat but with orders of magnitude better performance.

Nice

E: lol that they have the same weird blob shading on the boxes as windirstat

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Volte posted:

I wish it had private sessions like Spotify does though for watching videos without affecting my recommendations.

You can delete specific videos from your youtube watch history, it'll be like you never watched them.

It's what I do every time the star citizen thread sends me to a true believer video.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

kirbysuperstar posted:

wow only $15 a month to be constantly recommended mr beast and linus videos thank you google what a bargain

Poster after poster being incredibly confused that you can train the algorithm.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Hasturtium posted:

It feels weird that I haven’t seen anyone mention just turning off your watch history. A couple months back YouTube turned off any and all recommendations because I don’t keep my watch history on, so the default screen when I login to a browser or start the app is a blank nag screen urging me to change the setting… and it’s the best accidental upgrade they’ve pushed my way. I genuinely hated that screen and their recommendations sucked, so to hell with them.

It's because a bunch of posters like the recommendations, OP. Myself included.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Search being limited to 7 results is a loving joke.

:hmmyes:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Dear <every social media platform that isn’t TikTok>,

You are not TikTok, you will never be TikTok, please stop trying to be TikTok.

*sad Vine noises*

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Google teaching a generation to internet better. Good on them.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

down1nit posted:

From up here on my Vivaldi+uBlock high horse, I see all other browsers as number two, or lower

But for real, we all use this combo right? Never any ads or blank screens. I had to sit through two unskippable full length ones (and then a skippable one) on my bedroom tv just now. :smith:

Your chromium-based horse don't look all that high to me :shrug:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

NtotheTC posted:

Funnily enough, Youtube is adding an artificial 5s delay to player loading in Firefox https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/17ywbjj/comment/k9w3ei4/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Further posts in that thread seem to say that is part of ad-block checking, and not targeting firefox specifically

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Youtube gets around ublock origin occasionally, but if you wait a bit, ublock will have it sorted again.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

He has reuploaded the old ones, with a short commentary about the making of after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Just Another Lurker posted:

Select History from your YT list and click X to remove offending vid. :)

:hmmyes: