Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Linux tech tips is really on point today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Linus seems like he kinda sucks to actually work for. Which is par for the course in the evolution from "normal youtuber to rich guy"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I mean, he spent time in a video pontificating about workers comp claims and his wife runs HR. Pretty sure that has never led to a toxic environment before, you're right.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Charles Leclerc posted:

On the one hand, if you're dumb enough to be intimidated by that rinky-dink setup idk what to tell you.

Its....not about being intimidated by their rinky dink setup?

When you actually work there and your bosses wife is the one handling HR stuff, that's a problem.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They had better be taking care of Anthony :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Every time Linus is on camera I’m really struck by how absolutely microscopic his hands are.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

The world will be on USB-C and Juniper and Cisco will still be putting Micro USB console ports on their boxes

It’s worse than that. They still use mini usb

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

From a “ancient tech on your new network gear” perspective, yes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

All of that stuff goes up his butt

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought his wife was this hard rear end negotiator? Since she’s also HR it seems like she should make sure people won’t get hurt in the building.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

At the very least, the bigger you are, the bigger a target you are for lawsuits. Probably should be prepared for that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The other half of the brand is him dropping expensive equipment

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sponsorblock is fantastic and it really chops up LTT videos more than most lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Extremely white millionaire has poo poo views on minorities, news at 11

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

well why not posted:

get studio headphones; MDR, M50, DT550/770 or go like Sony WH. And never ever listen to anyone who suggests headphones to you.

The below statement is true
The above statement is a lie

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

njsykora posted:

Everyone says they're not an audiophile until someone expresses headphone opinions.

I like my airpods, hth

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mewse posted:

Everyone wants to be an audiophile until it's time to do real audiophile poo poo like spend $3,000 on a cable made from a coat hanger

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jake, my large adult son

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'd imagine the phone chips are much more optimized for the job?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Linus has been digitally enlarging his hands in post.

They’re even smaller than we imagined.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mods please change the title to “floatplane tech idiots fandom thread”

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its almost like handing over complete and total management to a bunch of linear algebra equations was a bad idea

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guesses at Linus’s body count?

I’m gonna say 3

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol imagine getting that message from your boss

Imagine it.

Lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha yeah all gay people are the same.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s taken them about 30 years to release a drat screwdriver, so the backpack had better be good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is my LTTstore.com brand mousepad. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

so i finally went to lttstore based on this conversation and

ITS ALL LINUS MODELING EVERYTHING?????????

lol

lmao

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

petition to make anthony the lttstore.com model instead of linus

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

you get to support the channel and you don't attract any unwanted attention from someone seeing the brand!

win-win!!!

Yeah an ltt fan is for sure not gonna have anyone looking at them in their underwear

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Look, you either trust me, the small business tyrant who constantly drops everything, or you don’t.

Bro

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I look forward to the eventual crumbling meltdown

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A lot of his language is problematic. Measuring things in c*nt hairs and the like.

He was very pro anti-vax-trucker convoy in Canada

I’m pretty sure hes a chud, but the rare kind of chud who is smart enough to not run his mouth constantly about it so that he can hang on to his anti-chud viewers

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When he’s explaining the tech behind stuff it’s good content but he can’t keep his trap shut about gross stuff.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Linus should realize that as a white male in tech, he will automatically garner a gaggle of also white incel chuds who will absolutely pounce on anyone who decries his name, especially if that person isnt white or male, and he should act accordingly

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Inept posted:

making sure to put a disclaimer about maybe linus isn't perfect before the multi-sentence making GBS threads on the woman who accused him sure is popular this page

quoted for the new page where it will happen again im sure

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tiny Timbs posted:

he should shut the gently caress up

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Charles Leclerc posted:

Uh, by doing what exactly? If he does nothing the idiots will brigade, if he goes on the offensive they'll be worse. The only realistic option he has is explain why the situation was misunderstood from his perspective and they'll brigade just as hard. I honestly don't get how you're supposed to handle that kind of situation whilst causing minimal damage and anybody who says they do is not in that position so knows gently caress all either.

Not lead with his impeccable reputation for starters. There were a bunch of ways to respond there and that wasnt it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cavauro posted:

what if his name Was pronounced the other linus.

Linux tech tips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CoolCab posted:

2018, the event happened after this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZs4NDC4yrI&t=20s

Is this thumbnail a face swap?