Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
wait is linus a sexpest or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

theultimo posted:

Don't sleep on cathode ray dude. Deep dives into very interesting tech , like norton system commander https://youtu.be/f6gEDUigoXw?si=8JbTzTxsdXyjWa9e

Id swear I've seen that guy just walking around Seattle but then I remember we're all like that here

Anyway pity about Linus, I still think he's hot but I can live without cocomelon for people who have a favorite text editor

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

What's a VHS? Is it like a mp3

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

njsykora posted:

I mean the bill of goods they're being sold is "this will do a bunch of creative people's work, which means we can push down wages or just hire fewer people" which then feeds into the infinite growth cult that the current stock market is built on and which is hopefully going to come crumbling within the next year. It's already reaching a point where companies are ripping the wiring out of the walls to try and get another growth quarter but it's not sustainable forever, and normal people are starting to notice that whenever "AI" is pushed into a thing they use that thing gets worse.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm saying that "it'll collapse any day now" has been what I've heard every year since 2008, and probably earlier than then

Ol' Karly M said much the same thing and yet capitalism has yet to die

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

LLMs might be the only technology smarter than it's proponents, but that's the equivalent of jumping over a limbo pole

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Arivia posted:

i would be extremely surprised if gravis didn't have a something awful account, might be worth pointing him to the discussion in this thread if anyone is on his patreon or whatever.

He looks like a Seattle thread poster in LAN, I've probably yelled at him before

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

He's got Elonmusk-itus

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Did he grow the beard back yet

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is sort of a dumb question: you have something like the Playstation, where plugging headphones into the 3.5mm jack works just fine, but they've locked wireless connectivity behind proprietary Sony headsets

or the Switch, which did not support Bluetooth audio until months (years?) after its initial release

is it not possible to have a device that plugs into a 3.5mm jack, and makes the source think that it's a regular old pair of wired headphones, but it takes the audio input and broadcasts it over Bluetooth, and it's this device that connects to your Bluetooth headset? I can't possibly be the first person to have ever thought of this.

Yes, it's a thing. I've most often seen it advertised as an adapter for old or super old cars that have aux in but no native Bluetooth connection. Since there's no higher level communication for the 3.5mm audio connection besides "is there a jack there" you can't easily block it in software.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Xakura posted:

Sounds like the worst thread on the forums, and I've read the F1 thread.

Any thread can be the worst on the forums if you post hard enough

Anyway, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLVHXn79l8M

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Lowspecgamer has some decent content on there imo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

just use a phone that runs java, that should be sun compatible

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

racism on xitter is probably a valid advertising method now

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

yall seen this poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRoRPiDOtUg

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lol, a lobertarian who hates the free market

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Do NOT gently caress the keyboard

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I've never watched "Steve" so I'm just going to assume we're talking about the MRE guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'm so grateful I managed to snag a brother printer right before enshittification ramped up