Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

GN is back with more of the best youtuber merch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua5Lo9n4Ul8

I got the first set (cost a fortune in shipping and import fees because I'm in the EU), and though they are cool and good quality, one warning: depending on the design, they only work with wide mugs. With smaller cups and especially bottles, they are quite wobbly due to the uneven base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Seems people try to use a VPN to get cheaper YT Premium by connecting through the far East, so I wouldn't sweat it, unless you are losing out by paying in SEK.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Bants.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Koskun posted:

He said people were asking for em.

Could be that people like the channel, want to support the channel financially, but don't like wearing stuff with adverts or designs.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Nutsak posted:

As a person outside of America I thought he was talking about the word he thought he was talking about.

Same, but more because of the context of it being used in Family Guy and those kinds of shows. Those shows are edgy, but still I don't see then going THAT far.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Probably end as net gain through publicity and view numbers if they do good fallout / root analysis videos.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Cantide posted:

As a european I ask why the hell would that be a Problem?

As a Nordic-dweller, it makes me laugh how the family saunas really freak out people from the US when they hear about it.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

njsykora posted:

90% of soldering iron sales these days are probably to retro game console modders.

Even though there are quick connects technically, most guitar upgrades (pickups, jacks, etc.) require soldering. But I leave it to the pros.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

priznat posted:

All I need to see is that checkmark. That’s enough!

To be fair, for people who need social media to keep their profile up, they need the checkmark or the engagement plummets. A Twitch streamer I follow felt forced to get because the number of tweet views fell off a cliff. Now that is gross.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Well that was a wholesome start to my Sunday. Glad to see a ton of support for Emily. :3:

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

HalloKitty posted:

It's a standing desk so the floor is no good..

You can get decent under-desk mounts these days. Just saying.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I ponied up for Premium because probably 80% of my watch time is on my iPad or iPhone. I don't want to janitor my phone, so sideloading apps or playing cat-and-mouse with Google does not appeal. And I actually find the UX of the official app to be just fine, and they have improved it a few times.

I also justify it by from what some YouTubers have said: me watching their videos as a premium subscriber contributes to the monetisation so much more than as an ad-supported watcher.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Klyith posted:

When I was super active in the pcbuild thread a few years back, I used to link to a couple of jayz2cents vids as the answer to this question.

I would prefer to link someone else these days, but a number of his basic pc build tutorial vids were really good and I've never run into anyone else I thought did it better.

Once you have picked a case to build in, check if this guy has a suitable video. Very chill, knowledgeable, and points out specific gotchas based on the case/cooler.

https://youtube.com/@ChristopherFlannigan

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

My Steam account is from September 16, 2003 older than my SA Account, primarily using it for Counter-Strik 1.6 and Day of Defeat 1.3 (retail).

Christ, you're an awld bugger.

quote:

Member since 12 September, 2003.
Well poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Koskun posted:

As to d-brand, given how they advertised on LTT, that attitude coming out of them is no surprise. I'd be more surprised if there is any punishment over it at all.

It's been their gimmick for a long time.