Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is a game I played a poo poo ton when I was younger. It's still my favourite despite San Andreas being objectively better in nearly every regard :v:

Grace on the other hand, has never played a GTA game before, so why not introduce him with the game I'm most familiar with?

We're playing on the PS4 port, and just to spice it up and embrace chaos, we're playing with Pedestrians have weapons, Pedestrian Riot, and Mad Cars cheats activated, as well as anything we feel like throwing on! Tragically, the flying cars cheat doesn't work on the PS4, so there'll be no flying tanks :( Nobody's more broken up over that than I am.

Anyway writing OPs sucks so here's the episodes

:siren:Episodes:siren:

Playlist

Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 1 - Chaos Hellmode
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 2 - Jury Duty
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 3 - More Anime Chat
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 4 - Cop Have Boat
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 5 - Grounded
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 6 - Tommy Upsetti
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 7 - Boats Are Like Car Water
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 8 - Here Comes The Pizza
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 9 - The Big Boy Boat
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 10 - Tech Support
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 11 - Ooh Angry
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 12 - Goodnight, Mr. Diaz
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 13 - Punch And Shooty
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 14 - Auntie Poulet
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 15 - I Am The Law
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 16 - Mr. Whoopee's Gonna Boop Your Butthole
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 17 - The Uncomfortable Weird Transphobic Mission
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 18 - The Dan-Zone
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 19 - George Bush Didn't Do 9/11
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 20 - A Whole New World
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 21 - Motorbichael
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 22 - Printjob
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 22 - Mr Whoopee's On Fire
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 23 - Jesus Is My Kinda Dude
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 24 - The Internet Breaks And Dan Doesn't Pause Recording To Fix It
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 25 - Pizza Borger Does Not End
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 26 - Whoopee Take The Wheel
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 27 - Our Stupid Cocaine-Addled Lawyer
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 28 - Dan Fights A Giant loving Traitor
Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 28 - Dan Fights A Global loving Copyright Strike

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameNerdz
Sep 13, 2017

Enjoyed the first episode! Can't wait for more!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I started with GTA 3, but Vice City was the game that really got me hooked on the series. As a kid, I spent a lot of time with the game just on pause listening to the entire VCPR in one go.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

RIP Victor Vance, the protagonist of Vice City Stories. He dies and Vice City goes to poo poo and everyone starts killing each other.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Playing through the entirety of Vice City with those cheats on seems like it would be an incredibly miserable experience, but what do I know. I guess I'll keep an eye on this.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Doc Morbid posted:

Playing through the entirety of Vice City with those cheats on seems like it would be an incredibly miserable experience, but what do I know. I guess I'll keep an eye on this.

With the exception of a few already lovely missions becoming shittier, it's honestly way more fun than normal mode :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I remember when Vice City was first announced, gaming publications were falling all over themselves describing how awesome it would be. Rockstar was really hyping it up as a playable movie with Ray Liotta, Tom Sizemore, Dennis Hopper, Philip Michael Thomas, etc. all voicing the protagonist and prominent NPCs. You could shoot out tires and shoot people through car windows, the map was bigger, and everything was as 80s as humanly possible.

It's still a bit striking how primitive everything else is, though. For some reason it took Rockstar until GTA V to actually catch up to the rest of the world with autosaves, checkpoints, and on-foot combat.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I've never played Vice City, I went straight from GTA (the original one) to San Andreas, which I played to hell and back until I got to the super tedious final part. Looking forward to this!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
To this day this remains the only game I ever 100%ed.

I'm really curious to see if all the story missions are completeable with those cheats on.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sindai posted:

To this day this remains the only game I ever 100%ed.

I'm really curious to see if all the story missions are completeable with those cheats on.

The biker getting yanked off his bike in the cutscene makes me afraid for all the missions with in-engine cutscenes near pedestrians. There's a good number of missions that rely on keeping NPCs alive.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
There are no meaningful differences between Vice City with Pedestrians Have Weapons and Pedestrian Riot and actual real life Florida.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Best way to play San Andreas? Put on the pedestrians attack/weapon cheats and try to get one side of the city to another. So much fun, if only respawning was quicker and you could revive somewhere other than the hospital.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Grace might not be much for the subtle nuances of jury intimidation, but he's all for smashing cars with a hammer

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

DoubleCakes posted:

Best way to play San Andreas? Put on the pedestrians attack/weapon cheats and try to get one side of the city to another. So much fun, if only respawning was quicker and you could revive somewhere other than the hospital.
My favorite way to play GTA is just driving around and chilling while listening to the awesome soundtrack. Hearing "Crockett's Theme" on Emotion 98.3 while you drive along Ocean Beach in the rain at night is some good poo poo.

Yes, I am perfectly aware of the fact I am a complete weirdo who plays these games wrong. I don't even kill civilians on purpose! (I got bored of that as early as GTA III)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Danaru posted:

Grace might not be much for the subtle nuances of jury intimidation, but he's all for smashing cars with a hammer

Grace, is this the game you're referring to?

(I just googled "jrpg blonde girl frying pan" and that's the only relevant thing that popped up.)

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Mikl posted:

Grace, is this the game you're referring to?

(I just googled "jrpg blonde girl frying pan" and that's the only relevant thing that popped up.)

OH MY GOD IT IS

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

to start the conversation, my favorite Pointer Sisters song is "Yes We Can Can". It's so optimistic! :unsmith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Demolition Man is easy as poo poo and everyone on reddit is a massive chumplord.

Also we're entrusted with a chainsaw in this episode.

EDIT: WHOOPS

COOL I'M FIXING IT

Danaru fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 13, 2018

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Once more, from the top!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 4 - Cop Have Boat

So with Mall Shootout, if you wedge a car in both entrances, the contact will get stuck on the way out and you can just unload on him. I promise that's what I was trying to do and I wasn't just ramming cars into hallways for no reason.

I have no explanations for anything else in the episode though.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In the first GTA San Andreas was just San Francisco if I remember correctly. GTA SA added Los Angeles and Las Vegas too. :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Am I allowed to post again yet or is the callout from episode 2 still in effect?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Has anyone told Cortez that the buttons on his low res beige shirt look like really weird nipples.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Danaru posted:

and I wasn't just ramming cars into hallways for no reason.

Whyever not?

I never played this game, but I watched the crap out of the Freelance Astronauts playing it. Enjoying so far, Danaru!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Aesclepia posted:

Whyever not?

I never played this game, but I watched the crap out of the Freelance Astronauts playing it. Enjoying so far, Danaru!

Oh and by the way, that mission with the French guy? Yeah they made the same drat mistake you did. Honestly I'd put blame on Rockstar for that one.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A lot of the missions I only remember the beginning and end of, so I remembered I had to kill him but forgot I wasn't supposed to know that yet :v:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I thought this game cleared your wanted rating when you started a mission, but I guess I'm thinking of Saints Row or maybe later GTAs or something.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

malkav11 posted:

I thought this game cleared your wanted rating when you started a mission, but I guess I'm thinking of Saints Row or maybe later GTAs or something.

I think it does, I think dan is just that reckless

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace posted:

I think it does, I think dan is just that reckless

cool thanks babe love you too

Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 5 - Grounded

We start getting real reckless and liberal with the cheat codes in this one. You can also see me go through the first four stages of grief as I realize flying cars doesn't work :smith:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm amazed that you didn't actually fail the mission by killing the guy you were only supposed to follow. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I've 100%'d this game twice (Hey I liked it a lot) but I never thought to do a full-chaos run. Fun times so far!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 6 - Tommy Upsetti

Whoever decided this mission should be done with a moped should be shot.

(Also keep quiet if you know what I was trying to do in the beginning of the episode, we'll get the sea sparrow eventually :ssh:)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This LP is a black man golf clubbing a cop in the balls forever.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play GTA Vice City Episode 7 - Boats Are Like Car Water

Things go a little better this time around! Also cars start getting REAL wacky around this point

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So based on the ending of that episode, are we going to play Dokapon finally?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
They've conquered Dokapon already.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm not sure I'd call what they did to Dokapon "conquering" it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

CirclMastr posted:

I'm not sure I'd call what they did to Dokapon "conquering" it.

They're still alive and still together, Dokapon failed in its mission.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm not sure if I hate anyone enough to ask them to be our fourth, but I still want to do a four human game of Dokapon some day. Also I'm still the King of Dokapon and I'll not be disrespected this way :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yeah but you became the King of Dokapon the same way Fortinbras became King of Denmark in Hamlet: everyone else died.

• Locked thread