Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first time I played The Witcher, all I could think of was how much Geralt's voice reminded me of Xavier, Renegade Angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tep1Qs3iR2A

Looking back on it , they're not that similar but it basically ruined the character for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

quote:

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise [sic] you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too .

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised [sic] life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then , but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

:eyepop:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The first time I played The Witcher, all I could think of was how much Geralt's voice reminded me of Xavier, Renegade Angel

Looking back on it , they're not that similar but it basically ruined the character for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Very good

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cpaf posted:

You should play it because it is extremely good

I've tried a couple of times but it just hasn't grabbed my attention the way some games do. Also the controls feel so sluggish and bad. :(

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

quote:

You'll be able to create your own character
hell to the yes

now if only the game could get a release date

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haha

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your Computer posted:

I've tried a couple of times but it just hasn't grabbed my attention the way some games do. Also the controls feel so sluggish and bad. :(

The dull combat system and controls are the only negatives with Witcher 3, yeah.

There was a control patch at some point though, maybe you played it unpatched or on the worse controls?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That would do the opposite of ruin the character for me

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Here's who's making the new Gears games

TLDR:
Gears 5 is by The Coalition, Microsoft's dedicated Gears studio.
Gears Tactics is a collab with Splash Damage (Enemy Territory, Brink, Dirty Bomb)
Gears Pop can be blamed on MediaTonic (Various Adult Swim games, Hatoful Boyfriend Remake, Fable Fortune)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

That would do the opposite of ruin the character for me

yeah tbh i had a hard time getting into tw3 when i finally bought it last year but maybe this would help

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Kinda funny how the Battletoads announcement shocked everyone and now an hour or so later the reaction is "eh".

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Wait, where was Minecraft?

I'm honestly surprised they had nothing to show from it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Kinda funny how the Battletoads announcement shocked everyone and now an hour or so later the reaction is "eh".
We need to know who's actually making it first.

Come on Yacht Club...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Because they Metroid Prime 4'd it and only showed a GIF. If they had like a really slick trailer to show maybe it would have made more of an impact but after the initial shock it's just nothing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fly with me posted:

Rumor is its at Nintendos conference

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Your Computer posted:

Combat is definitely the worst part of the game, especially at the start. Once you start levelling up and put some points in signs or alchemy it gets pretty good though, and the story should not be missed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised [sic] life, and gangs rule the rest.

So Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the present day? Interesting choice but let's see where they take it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Because they Metroid Prime 4'd it and only showed a GIF. If they had like a really slick trailer to show maybe it would have made more of an impact but after the initial shock it's just nothing.

On the other hand we have a framework for how a metroid prime 4 should play so its easier to maintain hype

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Rarity posted:

So Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the present day? Interesting choice but let's see where they take it.

I'm interested to see their take on our cheeto overlords.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Your Computer posted:

The combat is genuinely bad yeah, theres an issue where basically the game decides for you which type of move you're going to do, a gap closer or a close range move, you can't decide yourself. The game has a built in lag so that Geralt usually chooses the wrong one and will do a twirly close range move as the enemy dodges away. People tried to mod it out on PC but afaik they couldn't.

Everything else kinda owns though and occasionally the combat will feel good, just get that move where he just constantly attacks and it trivilialises everything, still doesnt feel good but lets you get that poo poo out the way and enjoy the CSI:Monstertown game.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

We need to know who's actually making it first.

Come on Yacht Club...

DLaLa studios

https://twitter.com/RareLtd/status/1005924223842443264

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fly with me posted:

They have their own event in late September, MineCon Earth, but I wouldn't be shocked if there was a cameo on Nintendo's show.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Battletoads was always trash and people are over the whole ironic "remember this, eh? EH?!?!" thing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Battletoads isn't that surprising, didn't microsoft already put them in Killer Instinct/Shovel Knight

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

spudsbuckley posted:

Battletoads was always trash and people are over the whole ironic "remember this, eh? EH?!?!" thing.

Wow what the gently caress?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Battletoads isn't that surprising, didn't microsoft already put them in Killer Instinct/Shovel Knight

Yeah they had a Battletoad in Killer Instinct season 3 and I think in the Xbox version of Shovel Knight. For what it's worth I like the KI song.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

spudsbuckley posted:

The Battletoads arcade game was actually good, sir

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Kins posted:

Here's who's making the new Gears games

TLDR:
Gears 5 is by The Coalition, Microsoft's dedicated Gears studio.
Gears Tactics is a collab with Splash Damage (Enemy Territory, Brink, Dirty Bomb)
Gears Pop can be blamed on MediaTonic (Various Adult Swim games, Hatoful Boyfriend Remake, Fable Fortune)

loving lol

Epic got bored of Gears awhile ago but Microsoft is so desperately thirsty for some kind of popular IP they can use to carry the xbox brand

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
lol, someone actually inserted [sic] after "civilised" and "realise"

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

wtf these cyberpunk sourcebooks are amazing

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The arcade game was so loving good.

Only a goddamn moron thinks people ironically like Battletoads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH40wIgWU-g

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

It amuses me how after years of a tired and long dead meme this announcement is made (to a large amount of surprise) when if a Rare IP is expected to resurface now I imagined it to be Banjo & Kazooie.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Reefer Whaleboy, so basically a goon, huh.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They worked on Sea of Thieves and The Escapist

They also have their own games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieL4msye8x0

I could not find the other two games on their website, Nothing to Fear and Janksy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats Cyberpunk V3, which Cyberpunk 2077 isnt based on

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/EsperRider/status/1005943205567913985

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Are The Division games actually fun to play, it's hard to tell from the totally-not-scripted multiplayer demo videos that Ubi always does

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

The arcade game was so loving good.

Only a goddamn moron thinks people ironically like Battletoads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH40wIgWU-g

The arcade game doesnt start tracking damage on the boss until a hidden timer finishes entirely to force you to feed more quarters into the machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

raditts posted:

Are The Division games actually fun to play, it's hard to tell from the totally-not-scripted multiplayer demo videos that Ubi always does

They eventually managed to patch and update Division 1 into being something good that was worth playing. But I'm not willing to trust one of these MMO loot-shoot devs on a sequel with an obvious lay up after Bungie poo poo their pants with Destiny 2.

• Locked thread