Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

okay people it's time for the paradigms to shift. we need to think so far outside the box that we're actually wrapping around to being back in the box again. there are no sacred cows. there are no bad ideas. however we do need to make money. let's not reinvent the wheel. there's a template for success, we don't want to mess with that. so let's come up with some ways to follow that tried and true path while simultaneously breaking all the rules. okay, I've done the heavy lifting, you just need to follow my lead by supplying some groundbreaking innovation. go!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

idea: uber for toilets. uber is insanely successful, everybody needs to use the toilet. how has nobody put these ideas together yet? think of it: poober. that's a swimming pool full of cash right there, that's a new island in the caribbean.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
There's money to be made in your local Goodwill store! Just nonchalantly walk in, look around and if there's any large furniture such as couches or chairs, slyly check the cushions for any fallen change that may have ended up there either before or after the donation. If you have several such stores, you can make the couches and such a regular part of your route, which could also include:

-couch change from yard sale furniture

-couch change from couches left curbside for trash pick-up

-soliciting people door-to-door to "see what it feels like to come on in and sit on thier couch" whereupon you come in, sit down, and hoover up loose couch change

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

There's money to be made in your local Goodwill store! Just nonchalantly walk in, look around and if there's any large furniture such as couches or chairs, slyly check the cushions for any fallen change that may have ended up there either before or after the donation. If you have several such stores, you can make the couches and such a regular part of your route, which could also include:

-couch change from yard sale furniture

-couch change from couches left curbside for trash pick-up

-soliciting people door-to-door to "see what it feels like to come on in and sit on thier couch" whereupon you come in, sit down, and hoover up loose couch change

solid idea. let's leverage this puppy. I am thinking some sort of financial product that aggregates and securitizes couch-change assets. we should be cautious though, I am thinking we should limit the initial offering to no more than five billion.

Manifisto

idea: we've come up with foods that come in between the meals. snacking was once derided as theoretical but now it's accepted science. but riddle me this: what comes in between the snacks? people who say "more snacks" are dumb, they are no better than the morons who believed light could not be broken down into its component protons and electrons. the foods that come in between the snacks should be innovative and daring. my current thinking is bugs. bugs are everywhere, they're cheap, they're full of protein. we just need a bold marketing campaign to convince the public that bugs are to snacks as snacks are to meals. but not just any bugs, our bugs! naming concept: snugs™

WindmillSlayer

how about we make a motherbitching app

Manifisto

WindmillSlayer posted:

how about we make a motherbitching app

gently caress yes!!! an app, how brilliant is that. I can't believe I came up with it all by myself, it's just that good.

wearing a lampshade

"You know, I was a big shot once. Had an office. Staff. Fresh crullers every day. But it all went to poo poo after I passed up the big one. The motherlode. The investment of a lifetime. Who knew Facebook had nothing to do with coffee tables?"

WindmillSlayer

Manifisto posted:

gently caress yes!!! an app, how brilliant is that. I can't believe I came up with it all by myself, it's just that good.

for iphones only. we can call it: the app. we will use social media to create brand recognition and everyone will know what the app is.

Manifisto

WindmillSlayer posted:

for iphones only. we can call it: the app. we will use social media to create brand recognition and everyone will know what the app is.

maybe the app itself can leverage social media. like, why use social media apps and web sides for social media. instead use our app as a portal, so you can learn how good our app is.

Manifisto

here's a real groundbreaker: sex. yes I know the word is controversial, people don't like to talk about it. my parents certainly didnt, in fact Im not entirely convinced that they even know what sex is. but I am assured that it is a thing, and not only that, a thing that maybe feels good and has an (UNPROVEN BUT MUCH DISCUSSED) link to babies. so my thinking is, and stay with me here, maybe we find a way to link sex with money. how one would do that is not entirely clear but there's gotta be a way. um . . . uber, but for sex. sexber. boom, another caribbean island.

Robot Made of Meat

Couchber.

You charge someone to let them use your couch for a while, and in addition to the agreed-upon rate, you get all the change and Chiclets that fall into the cracks.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Couchber.

You charge someone to let them use your couch for a while, and in addition to the agreed-upon rate, you get all the change and Chiclets that fall into the cracks.

you just blew my mind. here's another: google but for couches. amazon but for couches. whole foods but for google. wal-mart but for halliburton. apple but for christianity. snapchat but for particle physics. the concept of "thing, but for thing," but for pizza. adderall. like, where's my adderall. that's not a concept, I just need my adderall

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
*gives $5 to a homeless dude using a smartphone outside of a gas station minimart*
*tells all the other VCs at the marina restaurant about my latest injection of funding in an up-and-coming guerrilla sleeper startup*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
How long has it been since the last big move in the pickle market?

Stackable pickle cubes? Is that a thing?

Juicero but for brining. Instead of taking juice out we're putting juice in. That's value added.

Dessert pickles? Carol! Get me a fudge pickle!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

How long has it been since the last big move in the pickle market?

Stackable pickle cubes? Is that a thing?

Juicero but for brining. Instead of taking juice out we're putting juice in. That's value added.

Dessert pickles? Carol! Get me a fudge pickle!

Picture this:

Pickle juice recycling centers

Huh? Am I right? You're thinking about it, I know you are...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

google but for couches. amazon but for couches. whole foods but for google. wal-mart but for halliburton. apple but for christianity. snapchat but for particle physics. the concept of "thing, but for thing," but for pizza. adderall. like, where's my adderall. that's not a concept, I just need my adderall

art

take the moon

by sebmojo
a chair that comes with a smaller chair so you can use the first chair as a desk

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Put out an ad that convinces people to put out an ad with YOUR ad subliminally mixed in with THIER ad asking readers to send YOU money! And the best part- you don't even pay for the ad! THEY do!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
rear end beating.
Stay with me now - this isn't your conventional rear end beating setup at all.
This is groundbreaking. We convince our suckers valued customers to pay us to beat their asses.
Their asses, their money, our profit!

Manifisto

spectres of autism posted:

a chair that comes with a smaller chair so you can use the first chair as a desk

with any luck we can make people forget there ever were desks. and then . . . we relaunch the desk

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

Put out an ad that convinces people to put out an ad with YOUR ad subliminally mixed in with THIER ad asking readers to send YOU money! And the best part- you don't even pay for the ad! THEY do!

you've convinced me! gonna put out this ad right away, and for some reason I also feel like writing you a check?

City of Glompton

NutCrackr

an on-demand nut cracking* service for those too busy or clumsy to extract snacks from shells.

don't be misled by the name, our contractors will also extract seeds/legumes from shells

*except Brazil nuts. gently caress those things!

Farecoal

There he go

City of Glompton posted:

don't be misled by the name, our contractors will also extract seeds/legumes from shells

** extra fees may apply

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Amazon Key but for Blue Apron but for Babies

Clients can watch their meal being prepared on their smart device from day care by our expert chefs in their own kitchen. Upon arriving at home they will be spoon fed their home cooked meal by our expert feeders who are trained in both airplane sounds and here comes the choo choo

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
We also need a gofundme to build a marketing campaign for the kickstarter that we'll use to buy gifts for our patreon supporters

MockingQuantum

These are all great but we can think bigger: IoT integration with... I dunno, something lots of people have. Like carpet. We can make SmartCarpet, it'll tell you when you've gained or lost weight, issues with your stride length, when you need new shoes, etc etc

Heck it could even politely inform you when you have some stink-rear end feet and offer helpful tips to mitigate your stink-rear end-y-ness.

Or it could identify when you're pacing and play some relaxing cool jazz to calm your nerves.

thank you luvcow for the sig

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
an IoT pickling vat that orders brine/cucumbers for you and lists your artisan picks on etsy.

Manifisto

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

an IoT pickling vat that orders brine/cucumbers for you and lists your artisan picks on etsy.

I am fully ready to invest in your iop

MockingQuantum

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

add a real-time PickleCam where I can watch them shrivel and reserve my choice of cuke mid-pickle using proprietary PickleTokens and I'm on board

Manifisto

the blockchain, but for pickles

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

the blockchain, but for pickles

we live in a very strange world where parody is increasingly simply not possible

https://www.provenance.org/news/technology/small_producer_proving_genuine_identity

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Manifisto posted:

we live in a very strange world where parody is increasingly simply not possible

https://www.provenance.org/news/technology/small_producer_proving_genuine_identity

holy heck this is a great find

MockingQuantum

next time I'm at Micky D's I'm gonna ask if my chicken nuggets are blockchain-verified, it's important that I know

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
People will pay a premium for pre-washed jeans and other clothes, or if the clothing is distressed.

My plan:

Buy out all second-hand clothing stores and re-brand them as Pre-Worn Fashion Outlets.

Mark up all items by hundreds of dollars

Laugh all the way to and while at the bank

kalel

spectres of autism posted:

Manifisto posted:

with any luck we can make people forget there ever were desks. and then . . . we relaunch the desk

kalel

A wall you can see through

Manifisto

metafive

it's like a metaphor, but for metaphor itself

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
A roomba that asks about your day and validates your distrust of your office rival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
rentable grandparents for when you feel blue or whatever

• Locked thread