Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
This OP brought to you by Cerveza Cristal, who's owned by aB InBev. Death to capitalism.

For maximum effect, please click here to listen to some Musica Criolla. Comedy option.

I am hyped ladies and gents. It is the first time during my short and illustrious time where I can say that Peru is in the World Cup. Last time we went as '82. And. you know, I am a god drat millennial.

We've had some horrific footballing times recently. Andres Mendoza did THIS vs Ecuador, Guerrero was suspended over some bullshit FIFA ruling that paralyzed the country and our teams are constantly getting humiliated in the Copa Libertadores.

But thanks to a crop of dedicated, truly professional players, a coach with an actual plan and the luck of having two Copa Americas back to back where he was able to test things out and find a 'system', we're here.

I CANNOT loving WAIT.

The Team
Below is our predicted starting 11. A team that is confident with the ball at their feet, that is fast and most importantly has some semblance of calm and authority in defense.

The Star
It has to be Paolo Guerrero. Our all-time goalscorer, most badass 34 year old striker I know. He's been doing it for a decade now and I truly think he has some good years still to come. The man is God right now.

He's scored some decisive goals this campaign, my favorite being this one. Why? Mainly because he scored it on that piece of poo poo Colombian trash bag Ospina that plays at some irrelevant second tier club I won't mention, and also because it only counted because Ospina tried to parry the shot and made contact with the ball. Learn the rules you mongoloid.

It also is the goal that sent us to the playoff vs NZ. so that's cool I guess.

Up and Coming Talent
Edison Flores aka Orejas (big ears). Plays in Mexico. Looks like he should be selling goldfish at a red light, but will gently caress you up.

My Prediction
I genuinely think we can make it out of the group. Then we will see. We're kinda just happy to be there!

What We Should Discuss
My global football friends, this is a special time for us and I hope that, as a neutral, you can enjoy our football. Feel free to post your favorite Peru jersey, footballing memory or horrific drug story/bad ayahuasca trip experience. You can also post about how much you hate Chile, our food, our whatever the hell you want. I've done my job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I am torn by Peru knocking NZ out of qualifying for the Cup, and also drawing them for my work sweepstake :argh:

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Peru played an exciting brand of football during Copa America 2016 and I wish them the best luck, OP.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I will always root for my fellow (non-argentine or brazilian) South Americans

also jesus how old is Jefferson Farfan

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
I am here for La Blanquirroja aka Los Incas and will be hoping for any or all of the following

£8 worst goal difference after group stages
£8 fastest red card
£8 fastest own goal
£8 first team eliminated

or comedy £32 win the world cup option.

Thanks in advance Peru. I have full faith in the current Unofficial Football World Champions.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I got a coworker who was born in Peru and is beyond ecstatic that Peru made it. I'll probably be rooting for them just to join in with.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

curried lamb of God posted:

I will always root for my fellow (non-argentine or brazilian) South Americans

also jesus how old is Jefferson Farfan

Old! Just won the league in Russia and is somewhat in form

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i'm here to reminisce about when Teofilo Cubillas single-handedly ended Scotland's dream of being successful for once

here's the Fantasy Football League about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h4QSsviw8w

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As a Brazilian, Peru has brought me much happiness. CHEGA DURO, PERU.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

https://slate.com/culture/2018/06/peru-2018-world-cup-why-you-should-root-for-la-blanquirroja.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLIFVx9KOUM

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Ricardo Villalobos from Peru?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Sotil was better than Cruyff

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
pan flutes are cool

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
The cajón is cooler. :colbert:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

VAMOS PERUUUu

so hyped

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

:cry:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Goodbye pooru

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Wait I'm not the only active Peruvian goon? drat.

Also my boy Trauco is 2good

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

turboraton posted:

Wait I'm not the only active Peruvian goon? drat.

Also my boy Trauco is 2good

I'm the OG. Bow down

La cagamos!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

WE WON A loving GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth