Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

"Piłka jest okrągła, a bramki są dwie." - The ball is round and there are two goals. Kazimierz Górski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwVi8dSQWk
Lech Poznan fans at an Under 12s game

Poland have been drawn in Group H for the Finals after a campaign of gaming the ranking to make sure they are a Pot A team, good for them:

They might get out, probably not though!

THE SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Bartosz Bialkowski (Ipswich Town), Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea City), Wojciech Szczesny (Juventus).

Defenders: Jan Bednarek (Southampton), Bartosz Bereszynski (UC Sampdoria), Thiago Cionek (SPAL Ferrara), Kamil Glik (AS Monaco), Artur Jedrzejczyk (Legia Warsaw), Michal Pazdan (Legia Warsaw), Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund).

Midfielders: Jakub Blaszczykowski (VfL Wolfsburg), Jacek Goralski (PFC Ludogorets Razgrad), Maciej Rybus (FC Lokomotiv Moscow), Piotr Zielinski (Napoli), Karol Linetty (UC Sampdoria), Grzegorz Krychowiak (West Bromwich Albion), Kamil Grosicki (Hull City), Slawomir Peszko (Lechia Gdansk), Rafal Kurzawa (Gornik Zabrze).

Forwards: Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich), Arkadiusz Milik (Napoli), Lukasz Teodorczyk (RSC Anderlecht), Dawid Kownacki (UC Sampdoria).

I don't know any of these guys as I'm mostly into free to play anime games nowadays but I'm sure some of the people who read this forum will have heard of some of them or at the very least are prepared to google their names and pass off opinions from around the internet as their own.

THE IMPORTANT STUFF

PHWOAAAAARRR I BET RICHARD KEYS WOULD HANG OUT THE BACK OF THAT WHILE SHOUTING BREXIT MEANS BREXIT PHWAAAOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAR

LANGUAGE TIPS

Here are some translations to help if you end up near any Poles during any of the games:

Goal - Kurwa
Offside - Kurwa
Foul - Kurwa
Go back and watch that video again, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful. - Kurwa

To get that real Polish sensation listen to this endlessly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTiyhPMz3rI

fat gay nonce fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
This is a very good post. I'm impressed.

Everyone on this team is a fail turd, we will not make it out of the group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8LriCtwxE

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
We're playing a friendly against Lithuania. Last game before the World Cup. Just like in 1920, we're up 3-0.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I really like the Witcher series and I cant wait for Polands idea of a dystopian future when Cyberpunk 2077 comeso ut

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
It should be good. We have plenty of dystopian past to draw inspiration from.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I hope many Polish coworkers so I hope the team crashes as early as possible. That way they’ll be more efficient at work and mask my bad performance

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Clearly you don't understand pure Polish spirit. The natural reaction to any Polish team exiting a tournament early is to get drunk and reminisce about our glorious past.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I have one Polish coworker who once told me he doesn't like liberals cuz they're all about the gays and his wife is really fit. That's my Polish coworker story

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pik_d posted:

I really like the Witcher series and I cant wait for Polands idea of a dystopian future when Cyberpunk 2077 comeso ut

Same

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

fridge corn posted:

I have one Polish coworker who once told me he doesn't like liberals cuz they're all about the gays and his wife is really fit. That's my Polish coworker story

He's right

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I play soccer with a bunch of Polish dudes who are very average looking but their wives are super loving hot. Mackintosh explain.

This is in the US for the record.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
supreme Polish overconfidence

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Shrapnig posted:

I play soccer with a bunch of Polish dudes who are very average looking but their wives are super loving hot. Mackintosh explain.

Blessings from God for saving christian europe from the Turk

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pazdan looks like a tiny little baby.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Make that Mackintosh's av GD

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
[Img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/a0/2f19a02f1599e96e2f970e2850c03b0c1f.jpg[/url][/img]

WHAT IN THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH THAT MAN’S HEAD

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Shrapnig posted:

I wouldn't have a clue. Polish women are hot. Probably a reward for a millennium of suffering and dutiful payments of Peter's pence.

blue footed boobie posted:

Pazdan looks like a tiny little baby.

His on-field behaviour isn't far from it either.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'll get behind Poland because now that the US is out I need to pray for someone else to barely escape the group stages. Also my father is Polish and I have a giant Polish head because of it.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 13, 2018

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Please go away.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

mackintosh posted:

Please go away.

TBH I probably would have forgotten about this thread in a few days but now I'm sticking around out of spite.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

mackintosh posted:

Everyone on this team is a fail turd, we will not make it out of the group.

Can I post here if I'm Polish and agree with the statement above?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
No way Poland doesn't beat Senegal in a tournament held in Russia and Japan are crap. Poland got this on lock.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Terminally Bored posted:

Can I post here if I'm Polish and agree with the statement above?

As long as you get plastered and sing Rota with me when we inevitably crash out.

Flayer posted:

No way Poland doesn't beat Senegal in a tournament held in Russia and Japan are crap. Poland got this on lock.

lol

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

mackintosh posted:

As long as you get plastered and sing Rota with me when we inevitably crash out.

They'll bottle the group stage completely.

Watching the complete shitshow that was the last round of polish league amplified my national selfloathing considerably. We looked like unwashed apes.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Terminally Bored posted:

They'll bottle the group stage completely.

Watching the complete shitshow that was the last round of polish league amplified my national selfloathing considerably. We looked like unwashed apes.

yeah but what about our football

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
nic się nie stało, Polacy nic się nie stało, nic się nie staaaaaaało, Polaaacy nic się nie staaaaaało

oh, wait, we haven't played a game yet

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Hearing Szpakowski makes me want to chew ground glass. I hate him so much.

Borek is even worse tho. Him and Kołtoń can die in a fire.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Motherfucker just mistook Quaresma for Ronaldo. Dementia is setting in. He also is biologically unable to pronounce any foreign name.

Juskowiak constantly spits into the mic.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Terminally Bored posted:

Motherfucker just mistook Quaresma for Ronaldo. Dementia is setting in. He also is biologically unable to pronounce any foreign name.

Juskowiak constantly spits into the mic.

You can forgive this because there is not a single non-polish person who can pronounce a polish name

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Terminally Bored posted:

Hearing Szpakowski makes me want to chew ground glass. I hate him so much.

Borek is even worse tho. Him and Kołtoń can die in a fire.

TVP has the absolute worst commentator teams in the world. Not just football. Every single sport. Szaranowicz and Szpakowski should have been sent to the glue factory along with everyone else they booted in 1989. It could be just superstition, but we lose every game commentated by Szpakowski. Still, for all their faults, at least they know something about football, imagine this being on Polsat or worse, TVN.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

You can forgive this because there is not a single non-polish person who can pronounce a polish name

Nah, plenty of Englishmen can speak proper Polish after a few drinks.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

TVP has the absolute worst commentator teams in the world. Not just football. Every single sport. Szaranowicz and Szpakowski should have been sent to the glue factory along with everyone else they booted in 1989. It could be just superstition, but we lose every game commentated by Szpakowski. Still, for all their faults, at least they know something about football, imagine this being on Polsat or worse, TVN.

Iwanski + Dębowski are good handball commentators.

Szpakowski is the worst. I prefer Polsat because no Szpakowski, Borek is inoffensive in the way lukewarm water is and Hajto is so bad it's actually hilarious.

Edit: That being said, do not let Iwański commentate football (which was the case for some time). He just does not give a single poo poo about the game. Awesome in handball though.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 16, 2018

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Also big lol at Twarowski leaving nc+ for some podcast only for it to be closed after four months.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Poland, you have a good ref

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

he's usually poo poo but he brought out the best this game could have been, so gj

I think Clattenburg had a lot of effect on how refs approach the game - let it be more physical and try to control the chaos. When it works, the games are amazing. When it doesn't it's a Chelsea vs Tottenham shitshow

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Alexeythegreat posted:

He's the Polish Howard Webb. Literally. Universally loathed and accused of favouritism towards Legia. He's usually dependable, though he's had some bad matches in his past. Well trained in VAR, considered an expert. He hasn't had a massive howler since VAR was introduced, though he does tend to ignore it in Ekstraklasa games.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
One of my best friends is Polish and he reminds me daily that both Italy and Canada didnt qualify but the Poles did so i hope they getting loving trashed by some top poo poo tier teams

Thats my Poland story

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
That's a pretty weak arse Poland story tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Canada plays football??

• Locked thread