Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

hi you must all be new to tree house e3 days
they have new poo poo most days. E3 isnt just tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Oh man are you guys complaining? Hahahahaha

i see people melting down online, it's hilarious

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Jimmy Hats posted:

Hell yeah brother this poo poo is why i love fire emblem

unsure what to do w/ this post other than admit its 100% accuracy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
E3 version of the Smash game they're playing should be coming out soon!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ooh, demo tease

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Echophonic posted:

Not to mention making 63 adorable Kirby hats and probably Echo Hats.

I liked the subtle "every time we add a new challenger we have to fuckin' update Kirby" bit

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

RealFoxy posted:

Nintendo will also drop Nintendo Directs all year long when they have stuff to release which is basically the same as their E3 stuff anyway

That's true, they do, and it's pretty cool. We get a level of transparency from them that we don't from the other companies. But the downside is almost all the stuff we knew about in advance. And I know Nintendo has stepped away from E3 in a major way for a while now and tend to do their own thing, and that's ok too.

But this was their showing on the week of E3 and they had a chance to really surprise people with at least something, and they didn't. They chose to show a half hour of SSB. I reserve the right to be disappointed in their presence at E3 today.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Fire Emblem + Playable Lora in the Zenoblade thing enough for me :allears:

Kid will love Smash. Ms Jones will be annoyed at lack of Animal Crossing, but that will almost certainly launch with it's own direct.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Treehouse format is better than most of the conferences, IMO since Nintendo usually does it a couple days, spreads out new announcements, and shows most of their games hands-on or in-depth with developers throughout the week too as opposed to just dropping a bunch of trailers and calling it a day

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dr. VooDoo posted:

With 64 fighters Smash Ultimate had to have pretty much been worked on shortly after 4 came out because that’s an insane amount of balancing needed. 64 characters, how they interact with the other 63, how they interact with all stages, and how the interact with all items. Sakurai is insane :psyduck:

I wonder if Sakurai feels better or worse that he can send balance patches/updates when ever something game breaking is found. On one hand it means he does not have to get everything right the first time but on the other hand his job is never done until he's dead.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Smash is a fun party game

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

The Treehouse format is better than most of the conferences, IMO since Nintendo usually does it a couple days, spreads out new announcements, and shows most of their games hands-on or in-depth with developers throughout the week too as opposed to just dropping a bunch of trailers and calling it a day
spreading out the announcements is dumb. you have an audience for your main show, it was far from overpacked, show it then so people will know what it is

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Policenaut posted:

I liked the subtle "every time we add a new challenger we have to fuckin' update Kirby" bit

Nobody asked you to make Kirby sakurai

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Are the Treehouse events just to showcase gameplay from the stuff from Direct or can we expect to see new stuff? Basically what I'm asking is if there's any chance we'll see some Bayonetta 3.

Also Smash is good.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo heads up, Hollow Knight is up. I've been waiting to play this for a while. :)

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Are the Treehouse events just to showcase gameplay from the stuff from Direct or can we expect to see new stuff? Basically what I'm asking is if there's any chance we'll see some Bayonetta 3.

Also Smash is good.

They have some new stuff mixed in.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Also Smash is good.
theyll announce smaller stuff and show off the playable things but thats not going to be bayo 3

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

slev posted:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm glad Snake is back, guess I'll be buying the inevitable smash bundle

I got all hoip for Snake for a moment before I remembered we'd already got him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

spreading out the announcements is dumb. you have an audience for your main show, it was far from overpacked, show it then so people will know what it is
How is it dumb, this is the internet age as soon as something happens you'll hear about it and see a video

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

do we have a treehouse schedule?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Junkie Disease posted:

hi you must all be new to tree house e3 days
they have new poo poo most days. E3 isnt just tuesday

I remember the first year they did Treehouse, it was a stroke of PR genius. Turn the hour long presention into half a week of people chilling and playing video games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

E3 General Chat
Nintendo Switch Thread

https://i.imgur.com/htmhYsc.mp4

:siren: See yall next year :siren:

Also be sure to watch the Treehouse streams, they'll be demoing games all week (And maybe some new ones!)

They're currently showing off Lets Go Pikachu

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They're showing Pokemon yellow and beige now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is there no battles?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wonder what the differences are going to be between the versions.

Vintersorg posted:

Is there no battles?

I think it's Go-style wild pokemon and old-school trainer battles.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
still can't believe nintendo announced pokemon yellow and brown

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Metapod and Kakuna in the same game holy poo poo Nintendo are wizards

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Reality Loser posted:

Metapod and Kakuna in the same game holy poo poo Nintendo are wizards

I will not allow this

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

slev posted:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

In the trailer they showed battling so it looks like they've just fused Go! and Yellow for a spin-off game which isn't the worst in the world to me because now I can get through dark cave without losing my team to geodudes suicide bombing at me over and over

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Your Computer posted:

still can't believe nintendo announced pokemon yellow and brown

lol

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Eevee rides on your head, which makes choosing an edition pretty simple.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I love when Nintendo has someone who has never touched a video game before show off the gameplay demos at Treehouse

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I kind of get the complaints. I only got excited for three games this Direct and two of them were Mario Party and Fire Emblem.

That being said, I got really loving excited for SSBU, so this was a good Direct in my books.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Is it just me or does this look like a fully fledged Pokemon game? I never played Pokemon Go so idk what that gameplay was like (beyond it just being a reskinned Ingress).

If this has 90% of the gameplay as the handheld Pokemon RPGs, could that mean the "true Pokemon RPG" Nintendo promised to unveil next year is going to be something more than Pokemon Sun and Moon but on Switch?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

there's a lot of little details that are cool about the lets go pokemon games, like the pokemon riding on your sholder's tail wags when you're near an item

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Euphoriaphone posted:

Is it just me or does this look like a fully fledged Pokemon game? I never played Pokemon Go so idk what that gameplay was like (beyond it just being a reskinned Ingress).

If this has 90% of the gameplay as the handheld Pokemon RPGs, could that mean the "true Pokemon RPG" Nintendo promised to unveil next year is going to be something more than Pokemon Sun and Moon but on Switch?
It looks like a 3D remake of Yellow except wild pokemon battles are all Safari-Zone/Pokemon Go based instead of battling them down.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Euphoriaphone posted:

This lacks battling wild pokemon, online battling/trading and is limited to the original 151 pokemon. The new one is a new generation with presumably all those features intact and no shoehorned in Go-stype catching minigame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Euphoriaphone posted:

I think that's a fair assumption.

• Locked thread