Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

They caught me playing the last demo for 15 hours.

Rasamune posted:

I just hope they don't do any weird poo poo this time

'cause like, the first half of Bravely Default is awesome. 10/10, zero caveats

And then they start doing the weird poo poo

The real question is, is the weird poo poo a Bravely Default thing or is it a Silicon Studios thing?

The answer is it’s gonna turn out to be a Silicon Studios thing and I’m glad.

Like the reveal will be that all 8 characters are just controlled by a hive mind of psychic mollusks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Your Computer posted:

that's not a nice thing to call us

The comes a day when we must all ask ourselves, “Am a squid, or am I a kid?”

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Terper posted:

Oh. Well, we don't really know how the game is structured, but going by how the demo is built, going around and recruiting all the characters seems to be sort of a "prologue" section to the entire game, and the real thing starts once you've recruited everyone, so I'd say it is more expected that you do that.

But that's just :speculate:

Oh, I thought it was going to be structured like SaGa games.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Your Computer posted:

I don't know how the SaGa games are structured, but I assume each character has their own main quest? Like I said in my previous post it looks like the character quests in this game are pretty short introductions and then you're supposed to gather everyone else. All the characters start like 2 minutes away from each other and when you meet them you get to do their prologue.

It's still weird to me that they haven't said anything about the main quest, but it looks like you'll gather all 8 characters and then the main story begins.

(In SaGa Frontier) You played the game seven times. A lot of the playable characters never even see each other. One of them can kill another one IIRC.

Harrow posted:

It seems like it's sort of like the SaGa games but you can do everything on one save file. It's like if the seven main characters in SaGa Frontier were all the recruitable characters and you could do all of their storylines concurrently, just sort of weaving them all together.

In retrospect, I'm ashamed that I didn't believe Silicon Studios would use this most obvious of solutions.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rasamune posted:

Final Fantasy Legend 1 - 3 are fairly straightforward as far as this series goes, and 2 especially is worth trying out if you're into oldschool JRPGs

Play Legend 2so you can shoulder mount a tank cannon on your robot to make them your best character.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Can you recruit more than 4 characters? How do you switch them?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

The names of the four final jobs were revealed:

-Warlord
-Enchanter
-Augur
-Rune Lord

Although these apparently came from Nintendo France so they might not be the official english names.

Twelve jobs for twelve gods?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I wonder if any game reviews released about just the first four chapters of Bravely Second.

“For some reason, the game ends with the world being destroyed and there is no credits roll. Profoundly disappointing 6/10”

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

Like, there's a "Final Boss" theme that plays at the end of each character story, then four more spoilerific soundtracks that plays for what's likely gonna be the endgame disguised-as-postgame content with two new boss tracks that play for what appears to be the true final boss. It really does seem like the tweets I posted ring true, that you'll be able to see who did and didn't complete the game by looking at the reviews.

Sorry, I meant to say “When Bravely Second was reviewed,” because I trust Silicon Studios to do something bonkers.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I'll pick up my copy later today. I think that my starting crew will be:

Tressa (natch), Cyrus, Primrose, H'aanit, the no vowel party.

I wouldn’t like to buy a vowel.
I’m always looking for a bargain!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Your Computer posted:

okay what the gently caress Octopath Traveler :catstare:

This fellow votes for the leopard eating your face party, so it's only appropriate to introduce him to H'aanit.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Having not gotten to secondary jobs, but also being an obsessive planner I need to ask some questions.

Does applying a secondary job change your stats?

When you leave a secondary job, is the only thing you keep your known support skills?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

someone awful. posted:

I actually like the fact that each member has something unique to only them. I just wish Therion's wasn't "be able to open a box". :sigh:

Alchemist is still pretty decent as a job, you get good single target healing, a status cure/immunity buff, and poison is a lot more hard hitting than you'd expect it to be.

The boxes aren’t restricted to episodes are they? You could just run back and pick it up later during free play.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Would it be :filez: if someone were to post the PDF of all of them?

Well, the front side is just the character splash art, so you can download it off the official website and cut it out yourself.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Where is the shrine of the merchant? Seems like I'd have to have a boat to find it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

You must go through the Highlands to get to the Shrine of the Trader.

Is it northeast or southwest of the Shrine of the Thunderblade? It makes sense that it would be northeast but I don't see a stone circle on that map.

e: Never mind there's a minimap icon.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 21, 2018

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Am I right in thinking that grabbing the Dancer counterattack passive is pretty great for Olberic?

If it's good on anyone it would be Olbreic. It certainly isn't doing Primrose any favors.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Now that I have this information, I can continue the story.

Lol, if you aren't completely paralyzed trying to decide what subjobs to give everyone before chapter 2 anyway.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Honestly, you're going to pick one of the advanced jobs anyways once you hit the endgame so don't even worry about it. Just dive into whichever class has the passives you want, or whichever class is Dancer

Really, it's a brilliant idea that gained JP can be spent on any job. So as long as you only buy stuff that is useful it doesn't matter what job you have assigned in the moment.

Is what I'm constantly repeating to myself to convince myself to stop analyzing it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is stealing path action chance based on level at all or is it static based on the item?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Barudak posted:

I found the guy in Noblecourt (hes on the second screen, in a cap, far right) but Im curious where the others are. Even just the first one skyrockets your stealing odds so id like the others

I think it only affects the current city.

Does Linde's strength grow as Hannit levels up?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Barudak posted:

Nah, they definitely affect all cities because I got the first one then went on a looting spree of the starter towns.

:eyepop: Then I'll have to be on the look out.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

So, I'm still not very far but I think in terms which character to choose first, with regards to not being able to remove them from the party, Tressa really is tops. She can do support or attack, and she's even adequate at magic so she could do that too once you get jobs. I think Therion is the only other one that comes close to her versatility, but you might be able to make a case for Alfyn.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Your Computer posted:

They do this throughout the game and it's beautiful. :allears:

a frog

a frog with a spear

a frog with some armor and a spear

a frog in a full suit of medieval armor and a huge halberd

I'm expecting the endgame zones to have gigantic ripped god-frogs with twinblades or something

Frog Darth Maul

Your Computer posted:

:yeah:

(who I totally expected Cyrus to be).

They really flipped the script on this one, and it’s amazing.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

tuo posted:

Wait wait wait wait.....you can see the health of an enemy without judging it by steal(etc.)-percentage???

Yeah, the enemy’s name changes color: white->green->yellow->red
I assumed this is 25% for each but I haven’t checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Tae posted:

The final boss requires you to break the game like never before

*Puts Bravely Default jacket on*

I’m ready.