Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Is there any reason to go around fighting during daytime over night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Different enemies show up, I think. Night tends to give you stronger enemies (which is why Thronè and Temenos together are massive cheaters, it owns)

This is the reason I was asking, hahaha. I almost feel weaker in the daytime with this group.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I've been interrogating as many people as Osvald as I can and there's a lot of neat little backstory around. LIke a little girl whose grandparents tell her her parents have been on a years long work trip, while the girl suspects they aren't actually her grandparents.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

So I saw earlier itt that party banter can be viewed anytime, but if you play someone's chapter and you don't have all the party members, will you get potential missing banter from that chapter retroactively when the member joins later?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I don’t know if they are missable like that. They’re only for Chapters 2 or later so I wouldn’t recommend even starting a chapter 2 until you have all the characters.

Yeah, I was noticing Throne and Ochette talking to Tenemos about his chapter and I was wondering about that; as well as if the other four party members would have Travel Banter as well or they'd need to be active party.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Andrast posted:

They are not missable, you can watch the ones you didn't see at the time from your journal

Thank you!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Okay, so regarding Throne and Tenemos' first shared chapter;

That girl, I was under the impression that she lived in that room her whole life, and then once they show up in her room, she gives them an item and simply goes out into the world. Was there anything I missed there because I just found that whole thing odd.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I figured, it's just kind of bizarre in the moment.

Also, I hope I'm not the only one who hears Partitio saying "time to divvy up the onions" instead of "earnins"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Lostseed is pretty hosed up.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Honor? You can't even eat that!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Saxophone posted:

My current set up is Throne main, Teremenos, Osvald, and Hikari and we just eat things alive. Weirdly enough, Throne is my weak link in it all. Certainly don’t dislike her, just wish I could sub in someone a little harder hitting. Maybe I need to give her a better subclass? I dunno.

I felt the same way honestly but she really does pay off. I came across a boss who disables primary job skills so I finally looked into second jobs when she was mid 50s and my others were all low 40s.

I went Warrior for the damage cap break, her divine skill hits for 25k+ with a damage buff on a broken enemy.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

So far the least important member of the team has been Castti who is basically the tank with her initial support skill of "shitloads of HP" and using her limit break to get a free spell. I'm still trying to figure out which concoctions work best and where to buy all that poo poo consistently.

I'm thinking of trying Merchant for her next time I'm leveling her. "Start with Latent Power" and one extra BP mixed with her Latent Power seems ideal because you don't use up ingredients with her LP.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

A Real Horse posted:

I really wish that I could have 5 people in my party, because I mained Agnea, then have Hikari, Temenos, and Osvald, but I really want Partitio in there too because his character is so pleasant. I’d cut Osvald but the elemental coverage and damage…. A good problem for a game to have really.

Scholar for Tenemos' second class imo. Elemental Barrage plus his Latent Power shreds shields.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

very cool that in Partitio's prologue story, you just happen to run into the same apothecary woman from Castti's story.. Hope there's more crossover like this in other stories too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen (Throne ch. 4 spoilers) a Pirro lookalike as a soldier in Cassti's Ch. 2 Sai section.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

That's been the case for me so far. I don't mind it, though.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

welp I ended up going team TACO (Throné, Agnea, Castti, Osvald), and they're all of them mad overpowered. Throné and Agnea's EX skills together trivialize most random encounters, concoct is mad broken, and Osvald just does stupid damage and also can analyze. I'm assuming the POTH backup crew gets equally stupid with enough investment but I don't mind either way.

Agnea with Inventor's divine skill, setup for starting the match with 3 bp, and Merchant's "start match with latent power" makes her an insane teammate.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Yeah, Cassti is fantastic too. I really like how many options you have for a solid team in this.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The travel banter in this is really adorable.

I haven't found a way to re-watch ones with three or four members, sadly.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Didn't even think to look there, appreciated!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

There's a lot of dead mothers in this game.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Chapters 2 and on, any you missed can be viewed in Journal. Duos are under character tabs and three/four are under Sidequests > All

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Agnea's was probably the story I was least excited for but I think it's one of my favorites. Really uplifting stuff compared to, say, Throne's or Cassti's.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

That's not what they're talking about. Haven't had an encounter like that myself but I've heard it from a friend before

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Combo posted:

Is there any other major purchase besides the boat? I just got that last night doing one of the commerce things, I knew it was coming so I had stashed some money for it, but now it feels like I'd be free to grab some more higher level armor for some characters.

That's by far the most you're required to spend.

And then eventually you'll be in the millions with nothing to buy

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

At some point you'll have the damage cap break skill and wish the bosses had more HP as you eviscerate bosses with 45k+ damage.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Who needs money when you have Aeber

I don't think Paritito's summons can break 9k even with the warrior ability though

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Is that really his final chapter? It’s 9 levels lower than all the other final chapters, I thought he might get a chapter 5 or something.

He has 5.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I still stand by Agnea with Inventor and two of Merchant's skills, 1 extra BP at the start and full Latent Power.

With First Step she gets a turn to herself, gives 80% hp and sp plus 2 bp to everyone using her Latent Power to give Inventor's divine skill to everyone and then next turn everyone but her starts with 5 bp at the beginning of every fight. You'll never have to worry about using items again.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

The licenses cost 100k and 300k. :eng101:

Only for the Merchant subclass, and you only need those if you want more than one at a time. You can just swap who's using the first license if you want ti grab support skills.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Natural 20 posted:

How do you activate banter you've missed? I checked the tavern after throne ch2 but couldn't find anything.

Journal, character tab for duos and side quest's all tab for three and four people.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Final boss is a real challenge; glad I followed the game recommendation to continue on a separate save slot and go back to before the point of no return so I can grind more efficiently.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Aww, Mikka's Next Chapter was drat :3:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The flavor text for NPCs is definitely one of my favorite aspects. Cute little snippets like the trio of aspiring stars who each like one but dislike the other, or the beastling who sneaks into the library at night because she has a hunger for knowledge.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Or an old guy just chilling around in a quaint town, and you find a powerful dagger on him and find out he used to be a renowned assassin.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Final boss down; getting that win was drat cathartic after a few failed setups and some grinding.

Epilogue: The segment of everyone leaving in the order you recruited them...drat. I really want to see the different scenes; Tenemos was the last to leave with Throne as my MC, and he said "there's something I wish to say to you, but...I will tell you the next time we meet."

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 8, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Are there enemies that you can steal nuts from? I've exhausted all the NPCs at this point and my Hikari's around 300 attack lower than most guides for this superboss. Shouldn't have gone all in on Throne and Ochette's attack...

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I don't know if I'll be thinking about the ost in a couple weeks, but the music really adds to the world. Places like Beastling Village and the areas around Flamechurch stand out more to me thanks to the music, I feel.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Good lord, the finale to Throne's story was uncomfortable. Fuckin' yikes.

Going from the sewers to a gondola that takes you on a long ride a secluded valley was already surreal enough to me, but then it barrels straight into horror once you start checking all their information.

There's the one woman whose dialogue changes to "give it back, give it back" in the morning and "it hurts, it hurts" at night if you take her stuffed toy and that kinda stuck with me.

Plus everything with Claude and his brood of (sometimes incest) assassins. At least, him being able to summon Marietta has the implication that she's his child.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

You can also grind for a 2% drop for four of them if you want the extras, from Hikari/Osvald path actions.

Almost considering it because of this superboss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The gear absolutely will.