Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wasn't super sold on this after the first demo but this one is really great. Tressa is pretty awesome and I got a huge laugh when I 1-shotted her Ch1 boss by summoning a dancer. I remembered the one from Primrose's campaign requiring a bit of thought and planning but apparently you can solve your problems pretty easily by throwing money at them :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

E: Primrose Ch4 chat

Barudak posted:

Its not good, mind you, mainly because of the main point which is the character isn't discussed anywhere near enough for it to mean anything to the player and holy moly does the dialog drag with Primrose's internal monologue, but on a certain level having the villain be unabashedly "there is no purpose, this just amuses me and I've done it to other people too because who cares why" was neat when the story sets up that there was some reason the whole thing happened in the first place and that there must be something else going on. Nope, sheer random chance this rear end in a top hat decided to do it and was in the place to do it so your whole life got ruined for no gosh darn reason.

You haven't actually "finished" the story yet because there is very much a reasonable motivation for why Simeon murdered Primrose's father.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 17, 2018

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yinlock posted:

this is why I think the finale should have been it's own 4-chapter story or whatever, there's a lot of legit cool plot revelations there but it's all super-rushed

Yeah agreed, the game feels like a whole third act was cut, and the plot of it just dumped into the wrap up dungeon at the end. It also feels like there's a huge gap in dungeon content missing between where they expect you to be at the end of the Ch4's and where the final dungeon wants you to be.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The overheal passive is actually not very useful on the final boss. For your pure DPS, it's a slot not dedicated to dealing extra damage. And for survival, the offense/defense phys/elem up is just outright a better use for the slot for a huge number of reasons. Raw HP isn't super important in either fight, the first one because your goal is to avoid any of the bosses' actually dangerous attacks (because they don't care how much HP you have), and the second one because you should have team-wide dodge + warmaster mostly turning it into a complete joke.

It's not a bad pick for entirely support dedicated characters just for extra safety though, but often (especially in the first form) if you've got more than 1 person dead the fight is going to be a wipe anyway.

There's a ton of different setups you can use to beat it though, 95% of the fight is just learning its patterns/breaks and how to avoid anything dangerous. I had like 3 characters who were entirely dead weight just tossing items mostly, including Thereon who I forgot to even put equipment on. Didn't need Dohter’s Charity or an Alchemist at all either.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yep the second form is almost a complete joke if you can just feed a Warmaster fast enough, it really surprised me too. I thought the final bit was going to have some insane gently caress-off stuff going on with that 99 hit break meter, or respawn the first bits, but no it just kinda dies and doesn't do much because Warmaster clobbers too hard.

If you want to see some crazy horseshit, you have to watch what the boss can do in it's yellow life phase if you don't skip it entirely. Like it has an attack that just indefinitely removes a member of your party from the fight. I'm not sure if you can even get them back, maybe if you destroy all the bits? Also some debuff effects that are outright unremovable, petrify, etc. It's outrageous.