Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The demo will probably be up at 14.00 BST/15.00 CEST for EU, and 5pm EDT/1pm PDT for NA. That's when the eShop updates.

I've been hyped for this since the Switch reveal event in January '17, since it looked so much like Bravely Default. I never played too much of the first demo but I'll probably spend more time with this demo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just played half an hour last night of Therion's prologue, obviously not really enough to get much of a feel for it. I only played a few battles as Olberic in the earlier demo, but didn't even hit 1 fight as Therion in the time I spent with it (flashbacks :argh:) Hopefully I'll get to play more later.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

the real octopath travelers were the stupidly large people we had bossfights against

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The different costumes for different jobs in Bravely Default are awesome.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

That's why you don't pre-order vidjagames! There's literally no reason.

Even if there's some pre-order bonus (and there's not, right?) then you can just "pre-order" the night before it comes out and get the bonus all the same.
I got €5 off for pre-ordering, plus I don't have to pay until I pick it up. And if I change my mind I just don't pick it up and don't get charged. So that's a reason for me to pre-order, with literally no downside to doing so.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Is 5 pound not a reason??
Yes, I said it was a reason to pre-order, in response to you saying that there was no reason to pre-order.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

You're weird.

"Please gamestop take my money, its a burden to have it in my pocket!"
Did you read my post at all?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Mega64 posted:

My heart can't take two Zaphods arguing like this.
It's ok, we still love you. It's just that sometimes Zaphods and Zaphods fight.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

At least this thread is better than the resetera thread, where p. much everyone is freaking out over whether or not the stories will connect.
Yeah people are freaking out over the localisation instead. :v:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

What time do (european) eshop games usually activate?

If it’s early enough I might actually get to play this on my 10 hour flight back from Shanghai.
It should unlock at midnight for wherever your account is registered (either CEST or BST).

e: Actually that's usually just 1st party games, no idea if this will do it since it might not be published by Nintendo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

The plot is the same as all other video games ever made: all the characters want to kiss each other. This is canon.
Especially all the boys. :swoon:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It's disappointing that the stories don't intersect in any way, but I still really like the premise and the battle system a lot from the bit of the demos that I've played. I'm hyped af.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Housh posted:

IGN's video review sounded like a nerd jizzing his pants
Evergreen post.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

loving Squaer obviously forgot to finish the game :rolleyes:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Nice.

Got the game earlier, just played a little bit this evening. Decided to start with Tressa because of this thread. :v: I'd done Olberic in the original demo, and Therion in the recent demo.

Game. Is. Good.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'm like way behind everyone else but I just got my 4th character last night (party is Tressa, Olberic, Primrose and Alfyn). Bravely Default was my first experience with a mix class in an RPG so I was pretty happy to get Alfyn, particularly since the boss of his Ch. 1 poisons you constantly. :argh:

I'm really loving the game so far, particularly now that I've started unlocking more skills and passives. I got Alfyn's one which regens SP, and Tressa's ability to gift BP. I remember how great BP batteries were in Bravely Default, so I'm looking forward to setting that up in Octopath. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Switch and PS4 both have way more than 1 game worth playing anyway.