Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Picked this up and played a few games with some friends and we all love it. I'm having a blast customising cars for it!

I've gotta say my favorite thing is that a new "unit" costs like £1, so I'm currently upto 16 cars in my pile to kitbash and about 20 more for parts/scrap.

Actually on a whole I'm really liking how cheap it is. Granted I've probably spend about £50 on various supplies, but I've now got enough stuff to build endless amount of terrain and cars.

I'm really excited for the next Time Extended too as I've really been wanting to build some harpoons.

If anyone feels like posting some of their own creations I'd love to see them as I'm looking for inspiration and ideas. I'll try to remember and post pics of my own too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

I think I remember reading micro machines bikes were about right? I haven't been able to find any of mine to compare though.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Oh wow new Time Extended is out! New weapons look amazing.

I'm especially pleased that they've added a wreck-flinger as I've been wondering what weapons to fit on my car transporter war rig: https://i.imgur.com/dUnMjOc.jpg (hope that links correctly!) which is filled with scrap car hulls. So I guess I'll be making a trebuchet, heck yeah!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

One thing to keep in mind from the game play videos is that they sometimes get the rules wrong. I can't speak for that video specifically but I don't think I've watched a video yet where there wasn't a mistake or two.

That said, my last game of gaslands we all mistakenly thought only 5 and 6 was a hit with attack dice, whoops!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Hedningen posted:

Send me a PM with what you’re looking for and an address. I’ll send out parts (a lot of tires/wheels as the base, other bits by request) and then you decide how much you’d like to donate to SA.

Oh would you consider shipping to the UK? I'd need to buy PMs for the forums to message you, I do have a mighty need for more wheels though.

On another note, I finished my Warden team! I've got so many "in progress" models on the go it's nice to have some actually finished.

Attempting to link to imgur without breaking tables and stuff...

Muscle car, sports car and hot rod. All of them are super generic as they came in a pack of 25 cars for £4 from Argos.

And since I have duplicates of the cars, some before and after pictures.

Link to full gallery tried to best describe how I made them and what components were used etc. Basically all of them are made from scratch parts as I don't have any warhammer spares or other suitable fancy parts.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Hedningen posted:

I’ve already shipped to Australia, so the UK shouldn’t be an issue.

Sweet thanks, I'll send you a message later :) I think I'm really after wheels and weapons, but I'll have a look and let you know.

And yeah I agree with making cars out of what you first come across is great fun. I mean my 3 prison cars were only going to be for junk, but I wanted to see what could be done with poorer quality cars.

Plus you get fun surprises using random cars. I've also come across a surprising amount of cars that have solid black windows, only to find a full detailed interior lurking within!

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah honestly I've just been making my armour and rams from materials such as:

Lolly sticks and matchsticks (soaked can then be bent, or notches taken out and glued for harsher bends)
The plastic/card stick part of q tips.
Cable ties of all sizes
Rows of paperclip metal bars
Corrugated cardboard with the flat sides removed to look like corrugated sheeting
That plastic strap stuff with X patterns on that's usually around new cardboard boxes.
Old small plastic bottles for curved sections, ideal for rams.
Old speaker grills ripped from tvs stereos etc.
Various "kitchen cupboard fixings" like the little plastic caps and covers that blank unused holes or cover screws, of which I always end up with a spare pot full.
Shuttlecocks have nice varying plastic mesh patterns (just don't buy expensive feather ones) and the base of them gives a nice round spikey cage.
Doors and bonnets cut from other cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

With our group we started at 75 cans, mostly because one of us had a heavy truck and the other had a war rig. It's worked out ok so far aside from the war rig using its own rules slowed things down quite a bit.

We haven't noticed much difference in playtime and such between 50 cans all the way upto 95 cans, stuff seems to balance out quite well.

The biggest difference in speed has come from us becoming more familiar with the rules, thus taking our turns quicker.

We try and keep gaps between terrain at minimum 1 short straight, typically 1 medium straight, away from each other. That way there's enough space usually for 2 cars to pass through, or 1 large vehicle.

One "rule" we do try to stick to now though is for death races we have the 1st gate 2 long straights and 1 car length directly ahead of the starting line. Otherwise we were just ending up with a bottleneck where everyone crashed into each other. We actually had a death race where only 2 vehicles made it past the 1st gate, everything else either got stuck in collisions or wrecked, so this way everyone gets a fair chance of weapons use. Any closer though and whomever is playing idris gets to nitro off the start and ends up through the gate a bit too early.

Had a good death match last night, though my team got destroyed by opponents good luck. I had a 70 can behemoth of a bus with 16 crew loaded with 40 (!) molotovs, exploding ram, battle hammer and boarding party. Only a fellow player t-boned my bus on the 3rd activation, followed by me smashing him on my turn. Whilst I did an insane amount of damage, he crippled me and then exploded, rolling 3 crits out of 4 dice on his explosion, my bus then exploded and reduced my other vehicle to a single health point so I was out of the game super quickly.

Rust in Pieces, my beloved pirate bus.

• Locked thread