Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I loving forgot that they mentioned the old warscroll battalions would be narrative only and now I look like a TGA poster. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

The Deleter posted:

I loving forgot that they mentioned the old warscroll battalions would be narrative only and now I look like a TGA poster. :shobon:
I don't know, are you burning your horde army yet?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Talas posted:

I don't know, are you burning your horde army yet?

I'll never achieve such legendary deeds, I'm not made of money.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

The Deleter posted:

I'll never achieve such legendary deeds, I'm not made of money.

What is tga

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The Grand Alliance, an Age of Sigmar forum full of people that scream about the sky falling and how they're gonna leave to go play Flames of War any day now. I found em whilst looking for Idoneth lists and stayed cos it's like watching very old chimpanzees throw poo poo everywhere.

Edit:For actual concent, I do like that they've silo'd competitive rules into these "Battlepacks". It allows people who want to make their own competitive rules to package things up in a clean way, and gives people the ability to tweak from the core rules as a starting point.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 11, 2021

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Winklebottom posted:

:(:respek::(

Putting the finishing touches on a unit of stabbas.

Got 6 rock trolls ready to go after. I already love 'em, it's really an incredible kit

Love this scheme. I'm prepping some trolls right now too, they really are my favorite kit I think.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Love this scheme. I'm prepping some trolls right now too, they really are my favorite kit I think.

Thanks! Finished the stabbas.

given how long it took me to make these tiny guys, the trolls are gonna be while. I really need to practice with the airbrush.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Those look amazing. I don’t know where an airbrush could improve on the scheme.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

koreban posted:

Those look amazing. I don’t know where an airbrush could improve on the scheme.

You're very kind! The airbrush part was mainly aimed at the trolls. They feel very big and intimidating to paint after the tiny grots :ohdear:

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 11, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I love their teeth and the expressions you've captured with your paint job. Fantastic work!

Has anyone heard about rumours about miscasts being added to the game with this edition?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Danimo posted:

a unit of 15 Chaos Warriors would just be 1 Reinforced unit, allowing you to take 3 more reinforced units (in a 2k game). You reinforced the warriors twice, because they are battleline, but they are still just one unit.

Nah, it explicitly says reinforcing twice (so 15 models, not just 10) counts the same as reinforcing two units once each.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Genghis Cohen posted:

Nah, it explicitly says reinforcing twice (so 15 models, not just 10) counts the same as reinforcing two units once each.

Ah, I was just going off the Warhammer Community article where that is not mentioned.

List building in AoS 3 is going to be pretty different for some armies.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I really like that change because some of the guys at my FLGS love to field maxed blocks of horrors or skinks.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
That's an interesting Arcane Bolt change.

Casting it gives you a charge that lasts until your next hero phase. You can spend it at the start of any phase to plink a unit within 12" for a MW, or within engagement range for D3, and its no longer closest enemy.

So it actually has a sorta clear role as a way to disincentivize chargers and a small boost to wizard's close combat abilities.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 12, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

So it sounds like horde army players might not have to worry, if this is correct they're increasing the min size of big units.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Dreylad posted:

So it sounds like horde army players might not have to worry, if this is correct they're increasing the min size of big units.

As a Skaven player, it was the only thing I was worried about. I think it is just visually fun to have a few swarms of clan rats and stormvermin charging up the board so I'd hate to lose it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Clanrats are already min 20 and max 40 so it shouldn't affect them too much. Stormvermin are currently min 10 and max 40 so they'd have to be tweaked.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Floppychop posted:

Clanrats are already min 20 and max 40 so it shouldn't affect them too much. Stormvermin are currently min 10 and max 40 so they'd have to be tweaked.

Stormvermin are easy as going to 20 to 40 like Clanrats makes sense. If it its something like 20 to 30 to 40, that will make the reinforcement limits more interesting.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

In anticipation of Dominion, I decided to paint my first Stormcast. Behold!

I decided to take cues from that Paladin of the Common Man idea, and they're going to be a host formed of ordinary people who opposed tyranny in life before reforging and continue to do so in their new forms. Many a corrupt Burgomaster have had their cities rescued, only for their saviors to inspect the lives of the downtrodden citizens and promptly remove them from office in favour of giving power to the people (preferably without force, but in instance a particularly egreious individual was defenestrated. He did survive, although whether the defenestrator was aiming for the pile of manure when she threw is still unclear).

Now to see if old Salamanders transfers will fit on Stormcast shoulderpads. The [insert descriptor here] Drakes will liberate the free peoples!

I'm slightly worried the colour scheme might be read as a bit too Khornish but overall I'm happy with it.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Yvonmukluk posted:

In anticipation of Dominion, I decided to paint my first Stormcast. Behold!

I decided to take cues from that Paladin of the Common Man idea, and they're going to be a host formed of ordinary people who opposed tyranny in life before reforging and continue to do so in their new forms. Many a corrupt Burgomaster have had their cities rescued, only for their saviors to inspect the lives of the downtrodden citizens and promptly remove them from office in favour of giving power to the people (preferably without force, but in instance a particularly egreious individual was defenestrated. He did survive, although whether the defenestrator was aiming for the pile of manure when she threw is still unclear).

Now to see if old Salamanders transfers will fit on Stormcast shoulderpads. The [insert descriptor here] Drakes will liberate the free peoples!

I'm slightly worried the colour scheme might be read as a bit too Khornish but overall I'm happy with it.

And if they get reforged too many times, what then? I'd like to think they slowly become less and less interested in realpolitik. A higher ranking officer tells your dudes that (shithead) is the best of two evils, so you leave him be and that's an order, at which point both evils get their skulls smashed in? There's also the whole "you can't just overthrow people, this is a democracy, it's anarchy to do that and that's chaos i thought you were the order guy" and some of the more hardline stormcasts not approving of your actions. Getting caught sneaking some grain and fresh water to the common folk when the men on the walls need all they can get. For the snootier stormcasts, you earn their ire for often having damaged, dingy and mud-spattered armor, with them grumbling that it's unbecoming a chosen of Sigmar to be seen helping plough a field, mill some flour etc in their downtime. I like the idea of a Stormhost that happily fights Chaos but attempts to keep Order free of Chaos-like corruption. Basically, write fanfiction, my friend.

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 13, 2021

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
New ossiarch rules on warhammer community has them generating their special points based on how many heroes and warscroll battalions which we know are distinct from the new core battalions

Im starting to think the old battalions arent going away, especially now that Im thinking about how much of the broken realms content was new battalions

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The alternative is that they're just using the wording in the current Battletome, and the new matched play rules won't allow warscroll battalions, which would be very funny and also be something in need of correction.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

And if they get reforged too many times, what then? I'd like to think they slowly become less and less interested in realpolitik. A higher ranking officer tells your dudes that (shithead) is the best of two evils, so you leave him be and that's an order, at which point both evils get their skulls smashed in? There's also the whole "you can't just overthrow people, this is a democracy, it's anarchy to do that and that's chaos i thought you were the order guy" and some of the more hardline stormcasts not approving of your actions. Getting caught sneaking some grain and fresh water to the common folk when the men on the walls need all they can get. For the snootier stormcasts, you earn their ire for often having damaged, dingy and mud-spattered armor, with them grumbling that it's unbecoming a chosen of Sigmar to be seen helping plough a field, mill some flour etc in their downtime. I like the idea of a Stormhost that happily fights Chaos but attempts to keep Order free of Chaos-like corruption. Basically, write fanfiction, my friend.

:hmmyes:

The Cupreous Drakes don't necessarily play well with other Stormhosts. Oddly enough, while there's a degree of friction with the Tempest Lords, they can at least (very) grudgingly respect their practicing what they profess to believe, unlike many mortal nobles, and their willingness to put themselves in harm's way.

They do not like the Knights Excelsior (but then, who does?).

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Yvonmukluk posted:

:hmmyes:

The Cupreous Drakes don't necessarily play well with other Stormhosts. Oddly enough, while there's a degree of friction with the Tempest Lords, they can at least (very) grudgingly respect their practicing what they profess to believe, unlike many mortal nobles, and their willingness to put themselves in harm's way.

They do not like the Knights Excelsior (but then, who does?).
I just googled them and the first article I read said they exterminated a welcoming indigenous population. :rolleyes: You know there are people who tell me to my face that all Stormcast are drumcircle feminist hippies?

The Cupreous Drakes are a lot of fun though. I'm imagining a bunch of nobles having a small party with some nice cakes during a siege and suddenly a Drake kicks down the door. The nobles brace themselves for a thorough thrashing or yet another lecture, but instead the city's poor and hungry are led through the door. Beds are appropriated for the little ones. The banquet hall is turned into an infirmary. The kitchen stops wasting resources on fine cakes and starts putting out loaves of bread. All of this with the same level of objection Bilbo put up with Thorin's Company raiding his larder. The noble finds he is well compensated if he keeps his mouth shut. If not...well..

---------------------------------------
These narrative play rules sound wicked loving sick, though. The idea of having a bit of an RPG in your game, with quests, strongholds, lands you conquered....it's pretty cool. It sounds like you, an enterprising Warhammerer, could possibly combine AoS with the Soulbound RPG if you were so inclined

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 13, 2021

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Reviews and unboxings for Dominion and the new Core Rules are starting to appear:

MWG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZaTu1WFSw
Sprues & Breus: https://spruesandbrews.com/2021/06/14/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-dominion-review-and-unboxing-aos-3rd-edition-launch-box-and-core-book/
Facehammer live rule reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-6sGRCBR7k
Tabletop Minions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFKaDde1XS4

2+ Tough looking at the new Path to Glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q53uk144kb0

Talas fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 14, 2021

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
So far, the best thing I've seen about 3rd edition is the rulebook itself. Each rule subsection is individually numbered, and keywords are highlighted.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Universal traits let me make a big stupid custom Hero for funzies, which is nice. I mean who really cares if someone makes a flying Priest-Wizard? It's not going to break the game, but it's a laugh.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

oh poo poo did they make Anvil of Apotheosis part of the core rules?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Der Waffle Mous posted:

oh poo poo did they make Anvil of Apotheosis part of the core rules?
It doesn't seem so, but according to MWG, there should be a bunch of supplements coming out soon(ish) for narrative games.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/fZD0X060Qn7ZO0EE.pdf

AoS 3e Core rules are up for free once again.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
So conditional battline is just gone now? Everything is either Commander, Troop, Monster, or Artillery?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Battleline is still in the game - it mentions it in the pitched battles section (25.0, 25.5). We've seen a glimpse what the default Matched Play rules look like and that still applies. The "Commander, Troop, Monster, or Artillery" distinction is for the Core Battalions, and I don't think it's terribly good wording considering the Battlefield Roles are still a thing.

I should really get on with that 3.0 thread, huh?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

The Deleter posted:

I should really get on with that 3.0 thread, huh?
Agreed, from this point on, it's going to be all about it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

I mean it's just what they already had reworded.