Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

On my way to my LGS's final hurrah for this edition of AoS.

It's a 1000pt FFA. I'm bringing clan Skryre flamethrower dot list.

Arch Warlock
Warlock Engineer
3x Stormfiends (warpfire on all)
3x Stormfiends (warpfire on all)
Warpfire thrower weapon team
Warpfire thrower weapon team

It should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Ironjawz.
The fightiest, the killiest, the bestest.

Heavily relies on characters but through Rube Golberg command abilities from thos characters you can take on anything with even basic boyz. The more units you have the easier it gets to put those bonuses out or cast spells.

Mega bosses get stronger by killing characters. They are hero seeking missiles.

The Bone Chanter gives bonuses to hit, and has bones.

The Shaman is the only magic trick for them but utilises one of the best spells in Foot of Gorkamorka, a spell that stomps repeatedly on a 4+ or everything is dead.

Play Ironjawz if you want the most straight forward slug fest possible. Get stuck in an keep smashin.

(May add more later)

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I won't lie, the idea of running a Warlock Engineer and nine Stormfiends at 1k points is pretty tempting.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Do it pipe bomb their hopes.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alokgen posted:

Hags on foot, Queen gets the ride.

I was leaning that way too. I think that solidifies it. Thanks!

I just regret that I live in a universe where Rodney Smith and Duncan aren't making the "how to play" video for Sigmar.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
For a recent doubles event I brought:

1 Frostlord on Stonehorn
1 Thundertusk Beastrider
1 Hunter
2 Sabretusks

I died or was tabled in almost every game, but my team won the event so it worked out!

My teammate had:
1 Treelord Ancient
Drycha
3 Kurnoth Hunters
5 Spite Revenants
5 Tree spirit dudes

It worked out so well, as I was always in my opponents face turn 1

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I am glad that Daughters of Khaine have Generals so sexy they make it harder to shoot a giant wheeled shrine with a huge statue on top.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am glad that Daughters of Khaine have Generals so sexy they make it harder to shoot a giant wheeled shrine with a huge statue on top.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't a rule, unless I'm reading the scroll wrong. Is it an item / allegiance ability? I just bought the book today, so haven't looked over them. I would totally take a -1 to hit though!

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

LordAba posted:

I'm pretty sure that this isn't a rule, unless I'm reading the scroll wrong. Is it an item / allegiance ability? I just bought the book today, so haven't looked over them. I would totally take a -1 to hit though!

The cauldrons of blood has an aura of +1 save.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alokgen posted:

The cauldrons of blood has an aura of +1 save.

Yeah, but they mentioned being harder to hit because of seduction, while bloodshield is a +1 save because of blood magic. Not super great when rocking 6+, but I guess it is better than nothing!

I guess it is decent with the blade bucklers, but that only applies to close combat (and doesn't help the mortal wound counterstrike).

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010
I'm thinking about building a daemons of nurgle army that can also ally with my death guard, but I'm confused about the battleline. Should I just keep buying start collecting boxes for the plaguebearers or is there a better way to fill them out?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

flamingweedle posted:

I'm thinking about building a daemons of nurgle army that can also ally with my death guard, but I'm confused about the battleline. Should I just keep buying start collecting boxes for the plaguebearers or is there a better way to fill them out?

Marauders of Chaos (I use Poxwalkers with arm swaps for shields, and command and such)

Other than that, you have plaguebearers which exist in both 40k and AOS, and they also get Blight Kings as battleline but they don't translate to 40k really.

Plaguebearers basically exist to be in units of 30, for units of 10 I buy Marauders instead as they are 60pts for 10.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I won't lie, the idea of running a Warlock Engineer and nine Stormfiends at 1k points is pretty tempting.

This lovely part is getting what you need for the stormfiends. Each of the bodies in the box has the option of two different loadouts and that's it, so if you want three of the same thing, you need to buy 3 boxes unless you plan on doing some heavy converting with other poo poo you already have.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

S.J. posted:

This lovely part is getting what you need for the stormfiends. Each of the bodies in the box has the option of two different loadouts and that's it, so if you want three of the same thing, you need to buy 3 boxes unless you plan on doing some heavy converting with other poo poo you already have.

I might not be able to get to it for a while, but I think I have a unit of them from the olde times. You can rip of some of the parts from that if you need any.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

LordAba posted:

I might not be able to get to it for a while, but I think I have a unit of them from the olde times. You can rip of some of the parts from that if you need any.

I'm good to go, but if anyone else in the thread needs them, hell yeah

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Legions of Nagash
The forces of the God of Death Nagash. Lead by him, his lieutenants the Mortarchs, and various Vampries, and Necromancers. Divided into several lesser Legions lead by his Mortarchs. With spooky scary skeletons galore and an obsession with taking souls back.

How do they Play?
In various ways. As they are several factions that share the same units. From the Hordes of Skeletons from Nagash's Grand Host, to the magic and wizard focused Legion of Sacrament. Though all of them like having Skeleton Chaff, which all of them can revive, heal, and even fully replace the deceased units with another.

Play Legions of Nagash if you:
• Like large, regenerating hordes of slow close-combat units that you can stack an obscene number of buffs onto.
• Like Versatile armies of Powerful Monsters, Mages, and Elites with distracting chaff that is easily replaced.
• Like Vampires, Skeletons and Ghosts all teaming up to murder things.
• Like painting things white.

Feel free to make this entry nicer. As I not a good writer for stuff like this.

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010

Black_Nexus posted:

Marauders of Chaos (I use Poxwalkers with arm swaps for shields, and command and such)

Other than that, you have plaguebearers which exist in both 40k and AOS, and they also get Blight Kings as battleline but they don't translate to 40k really.

Plaguebearers basically exist to be in units of 30, for units of 10 I buy Marauders instead as they are 60pts for 10.

Thanks for advice. I'm trying to save money by using them for AOS and 40k. Is that just a dumb idea?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

flamingweedle posted:

Thanks for advice. I'm trying to save money by using them for AOS and 40k. Is that just a dumb idea?

Not at all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question everyone does that code linked last thread for 20% off still work. And if it does can someone post it again.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

flamingweedle posted:

It's really practical, start with getting and painting 30 plaguebearers, but see what units in the maggotkin book you can take in 40k and want to. The plague tree thing is a good example, as are demon princes. There'll be some specifically fantasy stuff, but most should be dual purpose.

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010

Thundercloud posted:

It's really practical, start with getting and painting 30 plaguebearers, but see what units in the maggotkin book you can take in 40k and want to. The plague tree thing is a good example, as are demon princes. There'll be some specifically fantasy stuff, but most should be dual purpose.

Is there a more efficient way to get plaguebearers? I'll probably get two SC boxes to start with, but I'll need like 40 more?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

gently caress i need me some spooky lads

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flipswitch posted:

gently caress i need me some spooky lads

Saw them in person at the store today. That starter set is pretty neat! The ghost are smaller than I thought they would, for some strange reason.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

LordAba posted:

Saw them in person at the store today. That starter set is pretty neat! The ghost are smaller than I thought they would, for some strange reason.

tbh every warhammer mini I see in person is smaller than I thought they would be

I got my first Daemon Prince a few months ago and I was shocked at how teeny tiny it is

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

flamingweedle posted:

Is there a more efficient way to get plaguebearers? I'll probably get two SC boxes to start with, but I'll need like 40 more?

SCs are incredibly efficient, especially for daemons, since they give you basically every unit you'd want.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

LordAba posted:

It is one of the Command Traits.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It is one of the Command Traits.

Oooo, thanks. Terrifying Beauty looks like the best one in the list too.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
$250 CDN!! Good grief that’s more than I expected.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Question everyone does that code linked last thread for 20% off still work. And if it does can someone post it again.

code for what? ebay? that was a one day only thing

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Rhaegar posted:

$250 CDN!! Good grief that’s more than I expected.

What's 250 CDN?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

What's 250 CDN?

Yeah I don't think there is anything like that right now.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

code for what? ebay? that was a one day only thing

There was that one day Father's Day thing on ebay... I thought there was something else as well, but I'm sure that was long past.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ebay usually does a 15-20% off code once every month or so, normally around whatever american holiday happens to be going on

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I’ve recently started playing 8th edition 40k, with very little prior war gaming experience. I like it quite a bit, and have been wondering if Age of Sigmar 2nd edition might be something I’d also enjoy.

One of my friends was a huge fantasy Warhammer nerd, and loving hates Sigmar (he’s currently working on 9th age’s dev team). He says it’s just lacking a lot of tactical depth and nuance. (I also don’t think he’s actually attempted to play it.)

Anyway, what I want to know is this: Is this still a bad boring game for awful people, or has it at least been improved enough to be as fun and quick to play as 40k currently is? If it is, I might get it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's far quicker to play than 40k.

It's also more fun but YMMV.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Pretty sure marauder min squad size is 20 now.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
please buy more mans.

your pal,
gaems workshop

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Oh sorry, my phone defaulted to the new zealand games workshop store for some reason.

$190 CDN for Soul Wars

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Rhaegar posted:

Oh sorry, my phone defaulted to the new zealand games workshop store for some reason.

$190 CDN for Soul Wars

Yeah, it's actually reasonable.

If you are in Canada, depending on province, Thunder Games seems to be the cheapest. If you are outside Ontario, they are GST only, 15% off and free shipping at $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you expect gw to treat us filthy colonials like human beings?