Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Movement trays!

Does anyone have a source they’d recommend for circle-base movement trays? The idea of shoving blocks of 40 skeletons and like 20 dire wolves a turn terrifies me

I’ve seen some on eBay or Etsy but I’d prefer somewhere goon-vetted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Thank you for the replies, I'll check out Winterdyne/the 40K thread!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Arven posted:

AoS is suddenly appealing to me, and I think I want to start an army. I always thought tomb kings were cool, and before they got crazy expensive I snagged a box of tomb guard and some metal heroes a couple years ago.

I see that tomb kings are still in the official AoS army builder app and have points, so I assume they are legal for matched play?

In any case, I am going to mainly just be painting the new skeleton warriors to match my tomb guard, and maybe sprinkle some some tomb guard bitz in with them.

So, my question- should I just play them as legion of negash, or should I attempt to use the tomb king rules?

I’m a Death Player, and I’m very sad because while Tomb Kings can be used with their rules or mixed in with the “Death” faction keyword, taking them in either configuration aren’t really great as far as their viability goes. As always, having fun is more important than anything competitive or whatever

A lot of the goodies and stuff only kick in when you’re using the Legion of Nagash lists.

I’m especially sad at all this because I have two sealed boxes of Tomb King warriors I was excited to make into archers so my death list could finally have some missile weapons.

(Chainghasts can be allied in from Nighthaunt now though)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The redemptionists are not in the new Necromunda and I still don't see too much KKK with this model. I see executioner hood way before I think of KKK hood.

Though it's replacement is fine.

The noose is a lot of the problem

It’s a little on the noose

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Using the 9" tool to deep strike my STD

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I love a ton of the new sculpts for Lumineth (especially the Eltherion armor - it's really clever how they made it look like empty armor), but it's the bull aesthetic that doesn't do it for me.

While part of if it definitely nostalgia for the lion themes from before, there's a weird overlap with bull imagery from other race/factions, like the Beastmen in particular - creating a connection between these two in themes that doesn't make sense to me

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Professor Shark posted:

Edit: Also yes, the banner is flying in the wrong direction 

Maybe they're just running really fast and they finally caught up to their friends!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/03/the-generals-handbook-2020-building-your-heroes/

A preview on how to build your own hero with the new system added in the newest Generals Handbook.

That vampire lord on archaeon chimera kitbash thing at the end of the article is amazing

I see zombie dragon bits, chimera, VLoZD dude, Neferata head? And the graveyard scenery kit thing on the base

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I was terrified in general of the GHB changes to most of the stuff I play, but I selfishly seem to got through OK! (Soulblight stuff and a lil Skaven)

I was sad to see Ethereal Amulet go (for the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon) but the point drop for Vhordrai makes that more palatable, and a nice point drop on Blood Knights means I can squeeze in another Vampire Lord instead of a second Necromancer or something.

Yay!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Magnetize, run 'em all! The throne/saddles they all sit on lend themselves to sticking a magnet in them very easily.

I didn't magnetize the mount head, but the armor chest plates actually kind of "pinch" naturally without having to magnet (be careful with your paint though)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Talas posted:

I wish there was some kind of insectile army in AoS.

Just buy a bunch of these and you'll have some extra elves to sell off as well!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I play Soulblight! I own 15 blood knights! That's like thousands of dollars of vampires basically

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I wonder if the vampire is going to be the special leader for a Lumineth vs Vampires battle box.

I'm totally expecting a box set with those 2 in it. Need to convince someone to do a box split/trade!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

AnEdgelord posted:

love how one of the presenters is insistently calling them soulblights instead of vampires

This is so weird too, because the WarCom page just straight up calls the warband vampires

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

MonsterEnvy posted:

As mentioned they are Soulblight Vampires.

Exactly!

Also wrt Lumineth stuff - just like the first wave, love the big hero stuff, but the rank and file still seem really off

I voted Light of Eltharion for model of the year, making me very qualified to discuss this

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

JBP posted:

drat really? I love the troops.

It's the horns

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

JBP posted:

Ah fair enough. I like the dumb helmets but I'm also leaning into the non-cow areas. Really excited to get some of the new cavalry units and whatever the swordmasters are called.

I mean let me half walk back my post - the sculpts on the stuff I'm talking about (Sentinels/Wardens/Stoneguard/Dawnriders) are wicked, they're really detailed and I absolutely think as far as like structure goes, they're great.

The aesthetic itself is where it falls for me - I definitely have a post earlier in the thread that I am too scatterbrained to quote but yeah, a lot of the theming seems to clash with how the animals relate to each unit and their roles

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
All this Vampire chat and the FAQs being published - I went through the "base size" FAQ and realized that Vampire Lords are supposed to be on 32mm bases - oops!

I swear the newer fine cast/AOS branded ones came with 25mm recently too

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I use the Sepulchral Guard Underworlds skeleton dude as my squad champion in a block of 39 other skeletons, because seriously what a good sculpt/squad leader

(The rest of the squad was cut up and used as basing materials, the skeleton-rising-from-the-gwave dude is such a sick hero base add-on)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

JBP posted:

VOME AND HAVE A DRINK WITH ME!

Let me go home Barry it's four in the loving morning.

I like the warpriest dude in the bottom right "ARE YOU SEEING THIS poo poo"

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
That looks super cool, but I'd be afraid to have to also drill into hands and stuff if you have a model pulling the string back - especially if they're only holding it with a couple fingers or something

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Bringing Blood Knights to a reasonable price point is super awesome, definitely gonna grab the Soulblight book!

Hope it allows using Neferata/Manfred without too much headache

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Given that both of them have the Soulblight Keyword I imagine it will be easy to take them.

For sure, but lore-wise Nagash could be all like "I don't want you two hanging out with those kids" or giving them different profiles or something.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don’t know why GW would do that given that it would force The two to be restricted to a 1e tome. Arkhan has already moved over to Bonereapers.

Oh I fully agree with you and I don't mean to argue that that won't happen, my thought process was really more of a "please don't...not...do that"

I have the old Lahmian Vampire lady on horse in pewter I've been working on and will try to remember to post when we're done moving! I also need to figure out a horse for her.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Zark the Damned posted:

Yeah right, as if GW will drop the price just 'cause they switched to plastic :)

There's no way they'd keep them at $99USD for a plastic cavalry kit, right?! I have a "real" squad and 2 converted Dragon Princes, I probably don't need another.

Why were they even that expensive in the first place, totally unreasonable! They're a great looking kit and I'd hate to miss out.

A nice even 20 total models would probably look really good though, especially in matching movement trays.

I'd probably still buy them at $99.

Pretty sure that's all 7 stages

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Crab is excellent, but

When do we get BIG crab

instant edit: do not post defiler

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

FrostyPox posted:

Yeah now the friend I'm talking about this with is thinking it's Fimir (or possibly some kind of new Goblin subfaction)

I promised myself I'd only stick with Undead stuff for AoS but Fimir is literally the only thing thst would break me

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Gimmie that fimmie

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I'm at work and don't have the LoN book here easy - did that book have the Locus of Shyish ability for Wizards to get the free extra cast?

Having Nagash in a Soulblight army getting free double casts seems sick.

Also cool c-c-c-cool combo zone: a bunch of skeletons buffed with a second attack plus the wolf lady's double damage thing?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Also wait are the new blood knights on a different sized base?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
The Mortarch kit is easily magnet-able too - I sunk a magnet in the CHAIRS for the riders, and the three heads can magnetize too. The chest armor doesn't even need a magnet, it can "clip" on and stays/is changeable naturally.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Also wait are the new blood knights on a different sized base?

Answering my own question, they are sadly moved to 75x42mm ovals (originally 60x35)

Good news: I hadn't rebased my stuff yet, yay!

Bad news: fukken NO ONE makes a movement tray in 5-in-a-line 75x42mm ovals base.

Cavalry in a line is JUST RIGHT.

Also good news I can use my 60x35 for the massive amount of Dire Wolves that are now critical to Gravelords

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Floppychop posted:

DeathRayDesigns has 3 in a line and 2 in a line 75x42mm trays. Maybe put those next to each other?

I've found quite a few that are 2 in front, 3 in back (or vice-versa). I even found a one in a delta pattern.

In the age of 3d printing though it shouldn't be too tough to design one and find someone to print it though.

Good spot on the DeathrayDesigns page, weird they seem to be 75x46 (vs GWs listed 75x42mm - not that it's a ton of space or anything.

Also weird that the ratios for 60x35 vs 75x42 are different - 60 to 75 is 1.25 with 35 to 42 being 1.2

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Seems kinda weird to release a bunch of cool new Soulblight models and then do a Start Collecting box that only has one new hero sculpt in it.

Yeah weird the new vampire themed box has no vampires in it. The FEC box still a great buy for Soulblight, what with the Vargeists and Zombie Dragon/Terrorgeist (that is very easily magnetized to be all of Zombie Dragon/Terrorgeist/Vampire on Dragon/FEC dude on whatever)

I love me some skeletons though!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

This is a very useful resource but (as I have sadly learned like 2 pages ago) it's not up to date for at least the Death/Soulblight stuff (as I know Blood Knights are on 75mm ovals now)

I don't know other armies though

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Ehhhhhh. "Glad" somehow this wasn't Fimir or Hobgoblins so I can save some cash.

• The two centerpiece models are superb
  • The visual design of the orc side seems to skew more Middle-Earth (movies) than the current line
  • The visual design of all the Stormcast stuff is way too similar to each other - it's already hard enough telling some units apart
  • lol if you think there will be enough stock for this thing
  • Excited to get a cheap rulebook

Also this is maybe the ultimate kitbash model of all time for parts, wowzers:

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

DLC Inc posted:

was foolishly hoping Radukar the Beast would have a dual hero/monster designation

Prince Vhordrai/VLoZD, the two Mortarchs, and Vengorian Lord/Lauka Vai are all Hero/Monster combos if it helps!

Having 3 or 4 hero/monster combo seems like a good way to max out those abilities in general

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

that said the Soulblight article more or less confirmed that Blood Knights are meant to be able to charge after using Riders of Ruin :getin:

Heck yeah, nice that they won't get bogged down by chaff hordes.

Speaking of Blood Knights, earlier I was whining about their new base sizes meaning my movement trays don't fit any more. I was able to get a local guy to make some new 5x1 trays up, and they're up cheap right now:

https://6squaredstudios.ca/store/square-movement-tray-5x1-75mm-x-42mm-bases/

No idea what shipping is like to wherever you are, but if you're in Canada they're good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Since its supposed to be coming out around the same time as the new edition the assumption going around is that there's going to be a lot of changes to a lot of armies' unit minimums in the GHB since those are all part of the pitched battle profile.

Like Deathrattle skeletons going from 40 max to 30 max and losing their unit size bonus makes sense now.

Its in a real loving weird place of not being able to take what's currently a full unit of Liberators, though.

Yeah I don't hate the change in the vacuum, but this seems super weird without going back and editing stat lines for a ton of units, especially battleline ones.

Especially at lower point games from their chart, at 750 points I can only have 1 reinforced unit - so one squad of 20 or 30 skeletons in this case? Any others are MSU?

Edit: although I suppose this is all from the "Cobtest of Generals" battle pack so this isn't necessarily true accross the board

BaronVanAwesome fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 11, 2021