Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Irate Tree posted:

I... don't think any of those Tzeentch models for Shadespire are actually new sculpts, beside the dude on the left, who appears to be a conversion.

The Kairic Acolytes are in poses that I don’t recognize. The Tzaangor looks basically like a great weapon tzaangor, but might be slightly modified for the sprue. The blue horror and brimstones are probably just c/p’d from their normal sprues.

The one on the left with the half wing is new. I don’t think I’ve seen that one anywhere before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Furism posted:

Which one would be smarter to build? I reckon Gordrak would have nicer abilities but is this worth the extra points?

IIRC the difference is 1 axe or poleaxe vs. 2 axes. If you only have one, build it as Gordrakk, and if you want to just run it as a boss on a swoledrake, it's an easy proxy.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Although when you're playing Ironjawz it's kinda funny as I got one of each, looked around and had to go, "Um, well, I guess I'll get more of the same troops."

I did the same when I bought into them. I got 1 Start Collecting, 1 megaboss on foot, 1 maw crusha, and 1 shaman. I built them and then realized I had the entire faction. At least it's easy.

Though now you can add the savage orks and grots to your army with the new book. I'm not super excited about diving into those, as I was kind of happy with my microfaction as it was.

In the world of AoS, you could do a lot worse than a small, effective faction that has like 4 things you'll ever want multiples of, and 2 of them are in the SC box.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Corrode posted:

The 40k one has slowly expanded through Europe and I believe Australia. The challenge is mostly finding the company to do the fulfilment of it - GW don't do it themselves.

I can’t imagine there aren’t twenty companies in North America who wouldn’t jump on the opportunity to handle fulfillment and distribution of a product like that here.

Or White Dwarf for that matter. (Bonus: people would actually subscribe to it here because you’d get it sooner than 3 weeks after it hits retailer store shelves.)

I doubt it’s a matter of logistics/fulfillment.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

moths posted:

These are just high elves 2.0, right?

I know someone who is very sad he missed Isle of Blood who isn't sure how excited to get over this.

Somebody might know somebody who has two isle of blood elf halves taking up space in his closet.

(Pm me if you’re interested)

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want your basing recipe.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

So they're doing new models for this thing? Like expanding the old world stuff that never really got seen?

It looks like this is going to be a Forgeworld project in a similar vein to The Horus Heresy, where they’ll probably have a couple core kits for factions, and then a bunch of updated kits in FW resin for special units for each faction.

That’s based on speculation from the limited details they’ve put out on it thus far stating it’ll be a FW project, and all of the updates being from the FW concept team.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Veritas posted:

I’m aware I may simply be describing the natural hobby progression where you’ve got tons of unfinished stuff everywhere on your painting table... but just checking, or looking for inspiration.

Keep both.

If you’re wanting to hone your painting skills a bit, go back and touch up the Slaaneshi guys with a little highlighting or an extra wash to help bring them closer to your nurgle bros.

If not, keep them around anyways and worry less because from 3-4 feet away, anything painted looks pretty good.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had some lingering store credit with my supplier and no immediate needs, so he deep discounted me the Lumineth starter box with the limited edition rulebook.

A quick check on goonhammer didn’t have much beyond their initial take on the faction.

Is there a sort of go-to for building out from sentinels/cavalry/spooky armor man?

I like the idea of the earth clan guys being tougher than poo poo to shoo off objectives, but I’m not totally in love with the cow aesthetic yet.

I’m going to start building the army this week, so if anyone else has been excited about party hat elves, let me hear about their features.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just can’t get into the new Uruk-hai faction’s aesthetic against the older cartoony, soccer hooligan, classic Ork look. I love the new look, but it’s at such a dissonance from the Ironjawz that it would almost look like you were playing with models from two completely different manufacturers were you to play a combined arms force. Same with Gloomspite.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anti-Citizen posted:

Hey, looking to jump into AoS. In Warhammer fantasy I always really preferred Calvary heavy armies, what’s the right way to get that sort of fast and hard but position dependent feel in this game? Is that a even a thing, I’m not really seeing a lot of horses looking at the model line.

Is that sort of play style viable with Lumineth? Or is it something I should try and build out of Cities?

Lumineth certainly have cav as an option. Two distinctive cav units, plus a cav hero/named hero. Their bread and butter are spears backed up by bows, which is incidentally one of their more more competitive builds, however if you swapped in a couple units of cav with some supporting bowmen and maybe an infantry block in the center, you’d have a pretty fantastic elfmans army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those look amazing. I don’t know where an airbrush could improve on the scheme.