Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Meeting engagements has me very seriously thinking of digging out some old fantasy stuff and play for the first time since AOS. The idea of the :derp:DOUBLE TURN:derp: is really the only thing holding me back. When I've watched batreps and live games, it just seem so insanely important for the outcome. Like, it's always "if I don't get the double turn it's over!" and "please, please, please, give me double turn so I can put my opponent completely in the ground". More importantly though, if I start digging for fantasy figures, I know the next step will inevitably be to buy a kharadron overlords army, they just look so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m thinking about getting into AoS now that it looks decent and the sting of killing Fantasy has worn off but there are actually too many factions to choose from. The nu-greenskins, especially the gobbos, look great, all the spooky spooks look great, all the non-Khorne chaos looks great, Deepkin look great and DoK look great except I can’t imagine painting them...

Since my first love Tomb Kings are gone and there’s as yet no modern version of my other bffs the regular high and dark elves I have no idea what to pick. I might narrow it down to just one Grand Alliance and get a random selection to paint and see what faction I like.

I felt completely similar and ended up getting several different ones like a complete moron, but what else is new. In retrospect, I should probably have, at a minimum, focused on one grand alliance, so I could at least use them together in the same army. For my money chaos and order seems like the best bet, since there is a lot variety in those, but I also love skaven above all else, and they have such great and varied rules currently. At the same time kharadrons just look so cool, even if they are garbage.

I personally think DoK and FEC look a little boring, or maybe just simplistic, in play style, even if they’re super powerful and cool as hell lorewise. There is also the price to consider. I spent a lot of time with warscroll builder open and a price list up, to see how cheap a 1000 point army I could make for various factions without it being too lame. Don’t forget the shadespire warbands can be a cheap way to add some points to a faction. Maybe not optimal choices, but a lot of them look fun.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Generally lot of the armies need a start collecting box + one or two other cheapish boxes to reach 1000 points

The cheapest ~1000 point army I found was “start collecting Disciples of Tzeentch’ and the ‘eyes of the nine’ shadespire box. I’m pretty sure it’s a bad army, but it looks really fun. You don’t have any summon models, until your units dies, but it’s quite cheap. You can also get the ultimate Chad, the ogroid thamaturge, and be cool as hell. Also, he seems really strong.

Two start collecting beast of chaos boxes makes a cool army i think, but they are supposedly bottom of their of the pile. Flesh eater courts basically only need start collecting + a box of ghouls and a box of flayers and they’re good for 1000 points.

e: vvvv yeah, for getting two opposing armies the soul war box is very good, and not very much more expensive than a single start collecting. Having the wrong unit sizes in there is really stupid though.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 4, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I think this blue carnosaur looks real good considering how quickly it's painted. The blue -> dark blue transitions are a little sudden, but I would be super happy with that result. It's Kris from miniwargaming using contrasts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93PBRqZ8r4U

Macdeo Lurjtuxs suggestion is also quite good from what i've seen. Since the contrast are transparent, putting a dark grey or light brown or something underneath in places where you want a darker color should look good.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I think a lot of people are hoping for a kill team like game for aos, at least when I’ve seen people talk about it. But it doesn’t really look like that to me based on the previews. Seems more like a necromunda’ish thing, with its own rules and factions, than a gateway drug to aos. Or am I misreading the stuff?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
That terrain looks amazing.

Also, I guess we need to buy some player cards and stuff. Wonder what the list of models we can use are. I wonder if all the chaos factions are just in the book? Skaven? I guess they'll add sylvaneth, fyre slayers, seraphon and so on later probably.

(from yesterday: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/14/coming-soon-warcry/)

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Please, please, please, don't let warcry have the lame activation wars accounting that kill team has :pray:

e: otherwise I'm really stoked by what we've seen so far

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
The main rules were leaked. I think it looks good. It uses U-go-I-go for each model. Each model has two actions per activation (5e dnd style - well, not really, but similar at least) that can be used on 'attack', 'move', 'disengage' or 'wait' in any order and way you want (obvious can't use attack unless model is in combat or uses ranged weapon). So move-move, move-attack, attack-attack or whatever. Abilities seem to be on top of that and can be used at anytime. To exemplify the 'quad' universal ability allows you do make a move and an attack. So, you could disengage from one dude, use the ability to move and attack another, then attack the same dude again.

For hitting/damaging it uses str vs toughness from 40k but there is only one roll per attack. So in 40k terms, it's basically just a woundroll = damage. No armor rolls or anything as far as I can tell. There are crits and 6 is always a crit, which does more damage depending on weapon. There seems to be a lot of restrictions on abilities, on model to model basis (or rather 'category', as in only 'brutes' in the iron golems can use this, but there is only one brute). A lot of the abilities (except most of the universal ones) are restricted to a specific model. Only the harpoon guy can use the harpoon attack and so on. I wonder what that means for the non-warband factions. I guess goblin netters get a specific ability and so on.

Anyway, looks real good to me. Very streamlined and and cool, yet lotsa options both for list building and during play.

e: Since it's u-go-I-go, I weirdly didn't notice if there is anything to prevent mitigate activation advantage built into the system. Maybe they just think their points-cost system is robust enough to handle it, many others have made that mistake. I guess having a limit of 3-15 models helps a little.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jul 18, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Between brexit comedy lowbux and a UK pricetag of 100 pounds, it translates to about 125 dollars for me maybe even lower with the reseller discounts, which seems reasonable/good. Both warbands can kinda be used in my little brothers AOS army, even if they don't get rules. At least I think several of them work just fine for 'counts as'.

They now have a pretty in depth rules video up https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/

You can also see what models each of the order, destruction and death warbands can use. I guess no luck for using AOS models for the normal chaos factions, as there doesn't seem to be rules for those (including skaven), maybe they're in the book? Seraphon, fyreslayers, sylvaneth, kharadron are also nowhere to be seen. I guess they'll be coming out with updates maybe. Also, no troggoths for gloomspite is kinda disappointing since they have deepkin eels in there, and they're about the same points per model.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
It is a little weird that there are no rules for the normal chaos faction, blades of khorne, nugle, tzeentch, beasts of chaos. Also the big missing factions seraphon, sylvaneth, kharadron overlords, skaven, etc. I'm assuming they'll be on it quickly. My initial guess was they they originally didn't have plans to allow regular AOS factions, but half-way through they realized that's what everyone wanted.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 19, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
gently caress yes, the empire strikes back!

I ended up paying what translates to 99 dollars (+ shipping) for the warcry box. That's between the low brexitdollars and pre-ordering from a gamestore that offers 15-20% off rrp.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Oh drat, even more good. The faux accent and music certainly makes it sound like it! I thought that 'ultimate memelord the imperishable' had become a sigmarine or some such? Maybe that's what the tearing himself free is about.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
The AOS warscrolls for the three released warbands are up on the games workshop page. Looks like they all are slaves to darkness.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Warcry-EN-2019

They're always under 'downloads' where you buy them. The two starter warbands are under the box set, cypher lords are also there, but sold separately.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Is it me or is that catapult crawler gigantic? If that skeleton crew (hah) are normal dude sized, it seems like it's massive. Maybe it's halfling skeletons.

Also, sidenote, but what the gently caress are they doing with warcry that they don't have skaven, beastmen, and the rest of the chaos factions almost out, or at least in the first expansion. I get it that the initial warbands are representative of slaves to darkness, but c'mon, where are stats for the chaos god factions?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Battle Report time!

Nice batrep! Rogue Idols are so cool.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I see that blasted castle scenery everywhere. Anyone know where it's from?

Yeah, it's gamemat.eu, it's their gothic ruins set (or somewhat cheaper half-set gothic ruins 2). It's a little pricey but pretty amazing to be honest. Not great for traveling, since it's real heavy but it looks amazing out of the box and it's real solid. As in, unless you throw it out the window, it probably wont break. My group also has the badlands set and I'm sorely tempted to get their highlands set as well, because the quality is so high.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I painted up a thing. Skaven has been my favorite fantasy race ever since I was scared shitless of them while playing The Enemy Within and Death on the Reik (literally several decades ago). Later on, reading Gotrek/Felix and the Thanqol books, I always thought the rat ogre monstrosities were terrifying, even if they're less so on the board. Anyway, mostly painted with contrasts and regular metallics.

I feel like my shoddy camera work and poo poo phone is letting it down, it looks a lot cooler in person, the heavy contrasts have give the grey and red an almost cel shaded look. Teeth are not as bright white as in the first picture either.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Yeah, a start collecting free guild would be very nice. I guess it would have to be like 10 handgunners/x-bow, 10 guard, and a steam tank or demigryph knights. Throw in 5 pistoleers and you got a super value set.

I hope they don’t get rid of the great company mechanic, I think that’s such a unique and cool thing.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 23, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
In the freeguild general warscroll they have on the picture looks completely different from the current one, including the little picture of the model I think. It's in german, but he only has a tweihander and it looks like the abilities are different.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Well, part deux is up. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/23/faction-focus-cities-of-sigmargw-homepage-post-4/

These are the possible battleline choices (depending on general).

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

It will be sad to say goodbye forever to detachment rules for free guild

Nooo! Please, no. I loving love the support fire and intercepting charge mechanic. Even if it does kinda suck and was easily circumvented by most competitive armies, it was just so cool and thematic. If handgunners no longer get overwatch, I’m gonna lose my poo poo, the pistoleer rule gives me hope though.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Well, if I can’t loudly reenact ‘Steady men. Nicely does it now. Hold. Hooooold. FIRE!’ whenever my mustachioed, befeathered, musketmen are charged, I’m gonna be full of disappoint.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I can't believe they nerfed freeguild guard :negative: also removed the kinda the funny militia option for them and the foot general can no longer have the war banner, which was like one of the actual good things they had. From the people I've seen going through the book, if you're doing an 'old world empire' style army with mainly humans, it looks like using the generals handbook great companies and artifacts/traits is still gonna be stronger than any of the cities despite it being kinda bad (obviously mix 'n match elf/dwarf/human city armies will be stronger).

I realize I'm a crusty old, old world, enthusiast, and not the intended audience for this, but it also seems super lame to me that evil sorcerers on black dragons are gonna be sacrificing dudes for more power to her torture-murder spells, while a friendly group of stout and noble dwarven hammeres aree marching into battle right next to her. Meanwhile an anvilgarde fleetmaster is executing wildwood rangers to make sure none of the eternal guard run away in the battleshock phase and so on. AOS fluff is generally pretty narf, but wtf? I guess they really painted themselves into a lore corner with how stupid some of it is.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
It also doesn't matter if they renamed the evil elves who loves executing and sacrificing people to 'euval aeoleves' who loves sacrificing and executing people. It's still moronic that they're battling alongside, working and living with the proud 'heruic nable knoigts' on griffons. I mean, it's usually easier to overlook aos's garbled nonsense setting, but the mechanics for this book is particularly bad for that.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Furism posted:

Is there somewhere a simplified ruleset I could use with a 5 years old? He somewhat gets all the different phases of combat but can't always remember all the Command abilities etc..

If it doesn’t have to be actual AOS rules, the warcry rules are probably the simplest I’ve seen in a war game, while still allowing for interesting, fun and tactical things to happen. The core rules are very different from AOS though and definitely is it’s own thing. You still move miniatures around a number of inches depending on their move stat, make attacks depend on the model, and so on, but damage, strength, armor, armor pen, toughness has been simplified into a single roll. Warcry also has a very intuitive and limited system for using abilities and usually 5-10 models to a side. Only like half of the factions, if that, have rules though, so if there is something specific the kid loves, it may not be available. I think it’s a real good gateway drug. It’s also a lot shorter.

Lasting Damage posted:

Hey thread. I've been lurking for a while, and playing AOS since about Feburary. I'm real excited about the Orruk battletome coming out and think this game is pretty cool. I'm tempted to start a Cites of sigmar army too, but I already bought the goblin half of Looncurse because I completely lack any self control. I sympathize with missing all the stuff that got purged from the old world armies, but also have you seen the stuff they're coming out with these days????

Anyway here's some Brutes I've painted up.

Those brutes look great. I love the red detail underneath the armor.

I agree completely with the last part, purging is not great, but I love the way AOS plays (double turn is still weird to me, and decides waaaay too many games, but that’s my main gripe). It’s better than warhammer fantasy every was IMO. The new models and factions/races are almost all amazingly cool. Stormcast look like the most badass fantasy warriors anyone has come up with. Even the goofy underwater eel rides are like amazingly cool. It’s a shame it’s also the dumbest poo poo world fluff and story I’ve ever had the displeasure of reading. I mean, if it’s a ‘cool game’, ‘cool models’, ‘cool story’, choose 2 kinda situation, then this is definitely the best I could hope for.

The combination of the mtg-inspired nonsensical; ‘let’s just jam in whatever lame idea we have, no matter how inconsistent it is’, with an overarching narrative that’s so unimaginative and juvenile, that I’d hard pressed to find worse outside world of warcraft fanfic, is like unffghh, such a waste of potential. Overall I’m pretty happy with AOS now, after a long break since before the end times. Cities of Sigmar is just a real good example of how bad the fluff can be. Champions of light, defenders of freedom, living door by door, fighting side by side with the ‘torture really is an art form and beautiful when you think about’, ‘let me just sacrifice a few innocents to power my spells’ and ‘oh, I’ll just execute a couple of those dwarves, so the stormcast paladins don’t run away. No, no, don’t worry they won’t hold a grudge’, McHate elves. I mean, I get that the world is constantly ending and they have to fight together, but that’s what allies are for and it’s still just such lazy writing and unimaginative to boot.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 30, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Freeguild guard with sword n' board used to be 4+ reroll 1s (all weapon options except the now disappeared militia option had 5+ and shields for reroll 1 saves, swords got +1 save in the combat phase). You could get sword and shield to a 3+ reroll 1s with the freeguild generals +1 to saves aura command trait. It was one of the few good things freeguild had, solid, defensive, hard to shift, cheap battleline troops, and they weren't exactly topping tournaments either way. Worse imo is that they removed the cool anti-charge stuff, though handgunners still can shoot if charged.

Freeguild guard is kinda just normal cheap chaff now. Which isn't necessarily bad, but ff you're looking for a hunker down, stand and fight, defend the guns, type unit. Eternal guard are 50% more expensive, but with 3+ save, and 2+/3+ to hit/wound while standing still, 2 inch reach and 2 attacks each, they are pretty insane.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

They're both really good choices but I think Gortrakk is a bit better. I don't play orks but any reason you cant just magnetize the rider?

Yeah, I'd definitely try and find a way to be able to field the model as both, with magnets or bluetack or something, depending on mood and list. They're both actually really good.

JBP posted:

I've got 1000pts of Idoneth Deepkin finally getting paint on them. Just wondering what's a good way to expand to 2k. I have nothing but eels, eel king and some sharks.

I'll definitely get a turtle because it's cool.

They're really all about the eels from a purely "what's good right now" perspective. Thralls are really, really, killy but super glass canon. Unfortunately the coolest units (turtles and sharks) are not great. They're like a top-tier list if you're mainly into eels, but for non-tourney games they're fine and fun and pretty balanced even using the cool models. I'd get some wizards, some thralls and a turtle since you already have the king, then maybe more eels. Also the boat if you don't already have it, it's like one of the best of all the faction terrain.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
It's definitely not as powerful as neither phoenicium or hallowheart, because those are gonna be bonkers good, but my cities of sigmar army is gonna be tempest eye.

Basically, I'm going with griffon general, foot general and hurricanum (with aura of glory), with 40 sword n' board guard, and 2 x 20 handgunners, 10 x pistoliers, a cogsmith with 2 rocket boxes. Patricians helm and on foot general, and it's between hawk eyed on the foot general or swift as the wind on griffon general, leaning towards the latter, as they'll be plenty shooty even without it.

With swift as the wind on the griffon general, he moves like min. 20 max 25 inches in the first turn and charges, giving himself +1 to hit/charge (and the pistoleers, if they can keep up, they're very fast but don't fly), for basically all his attacks and he has a 2+ save, fights first. It's quite a wrecking ball. I really like the first round extra move and save for tempest eye, as well as the increased mobility for running and shooting, getting into a good position, before hunkering down.

e: possibly dropping one of the rocket boxes for a group of pistoliers and adding the tempest battalion, which makes it an even 2000 points. It's really very good for both pistoliers and lance griffon general (who can also reroll charges then w/ zephyrite banner). I do love my artillery though.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 20, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Oh poo poo, those look great. Also, I guess I need those dice for my 'worst dice known to man' collection. I have quite a few already, but missed out on the 'actually worst dice ever produced' of Idoneth, but I'm getting those for sure!

e: v skaven dice are actually legit good, only has symbol on the 6, uses normal dice pips for the rest, but are still very flavorful and skaveny

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 20, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Anybody played any games with/against Living City, or otherwise have thoughts on it? A proper Wood Elf army has been something I've wanted to do since before End Times, and thematically-speaking it feels like the option to combine Wanderer and Sylvaneth units achieves that, but I haven't looked closely at the Cities book and I don't know what to expect from it on the table.

Definitely a consideration for my 2nd AoS army.

I haven't played against/with living city, but just from reading through it, I think they look pretty good. Thematically, I think all the cities of sigmar armies suffer a bit from clown car armies being better than strongly themed ones. Meaning it likely will be sub-optimal to stick with themed units rather than just putting in whatever is 'best in slot'. Doing a mainly wanderers/sylvaneth living city army would be super cool I think, but there aren't a ton of synergies build in, outside the nomad prince command ability.

A little weirdly their command ability lets a unit, which can shoot, move closer after deep strike in the first round, for a ultra easy charge pretty much. I'm of the opinion that it probably FAQ'ed eventually, because it's like one of the only abilities in the game which allows you to move closer than 9 inches and still charge, and it's literally called 'strike and melt away', so I suspect it wasn't the intention to make it the best charge ability in the game. Sometimes they just never get around to changing those things though, so who knows.

Eternal guard are really good imo, one of the best elite infantry for sitting on a point (though phoenix guard are better, also more expensive). Compared to other missile units, sisters of the watch are very good imo. Shoots twice if standing still and has the handgunner overwatch thing too. Sitting still a group of 20 will shoot 40 shots, mortal wounds on 6 (in addition) is quite good. Av. of 6 mortal wounds before the arrows even start hitting - it's a shame the horn artifact is only melee, otherwise it'd be bonkers. mis-remembered, it's wound rolls, still not too shabby. From sylvaneth Kurnoth hunters both look great and are pretty scary, especially with swords and they're beefy too. As far as I can see there is nothing preventing you from taking Durthu and making him general and giving him +1 to saves, for a 2+ either. There aren't really any practical ways to set up a wildwood to buff him though.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 20, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I'm still kinda surprised they did another undead faction, and it isn''t vampirates from total war 2. Bonereapers seem cool, especially the 420smokeweedevrrrryday420 dude, but they aren't exactly undead hermitcrab-men with guns, gargantuan undead lobsters, zombies dragging around deck guns and animated man-o-war wrecks.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I may have missed it too if there was a direct non-fluff mention, but someone was saying that since there is a gnoblar on the cover of the book, it's unlikely that they won't be in the book.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

The Deleter posted:

And on the back of this, faction list updated!

I can imagine the states of "Hungry" and "Eating" will be used for some command abilities and buffs elsewhere in the book - it seems too obvious a setup.

Well, it’s just a synonym for being in/out of close combat. I like it though.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Everything in that gloomspite box basically slots perfectly into my already half begun trog/squig based army. Rip wallet.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Wounds carrying over is one of my favorite things about AOS, that and taking turns to select units to fight, rather than all the chargers automatically going first. I really wish the last one was ported directly into 40k. The first would require balancing. I also think that for the most part, fixed ‘to wound’ values doesn’t actually differ that much from 40k. It’s much more granular to be sure, but generally the big heavy weapons (whether they’re thunder hammers or plasma canons in 40k, or giant clubs and canon balls in AOS) will need a low number to wound, and tiny light weapons need a high number. 40k adds vehicles/knights to that, but for the most part, it’s not that big of a difference.

WRT positioning, it’s kinda different from 40k because there is no ‘within an inch of a dude within an inch’, it’s just the reach of the weapon, which is simpler and also means that it’s actually quite important how you position your dudes. A 3 inch pile-in only gets so many of your dudes in range, and equally important the more of your dudes you get in range, the more dudes the opponent will fight back with, unless you wipe them out (which is more or less likely depending on who is fighting who). There really is a surprising amount of tactical importance to how you position your dudes and not just who gets to charge, and the more strategic aspects of objective/battlefield control.

Double turn can go gently caress itself though, I really think it is the single determining factor in waaaaay too many battles (if not like half).

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Old world back: A million times yes, YES, YEEEEEEES!!!
Square bases back: Noooooooooooooooooo!

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

canada jezus posted:

Hello kind goons, i recently started AoS with the feast of bones boxset. Any advice for purchases to get my army to 1000 points? I'm not really feel the beastclaw raiders stuff, but i guess their start collecting is a good deal?

Also what is the EU goons preferred online retailer?

I like element-games for online retailer. They’re decently priced, have basically everything and if you’re not in the UK, you get a bunch extra with comedy brexit bux being low (though less low than they have been).

I don’t really know what’s good with the maw tribes, but if you buy a box of ironguts and a firebelly (50£ total), on top of your feast of bones ogres, you’d have a 1000 point army if you buy a command point - both of those are solid choices. You probably really should get a butcher, with cauldron, and a maw pot as well. Pot is 0 points and pretty good and butcher with cauldron is a stable (might be cheaper to convert one).

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Skails posted:

Hey, I just finished up a Black Coach too, but the vampire version. I've had this thing unpainted and poorly glued together for nearly 20 years, so I took it apart and started over. While working on this I settled on keeping the theme of my old undead army as Old World Sylvanian. It will be a Wight heavy army based in the western portion of the Haunted Hills, a place full of cairns, barrows, and cromlech. A cadre of vampire refugees left over from Vlad's defeat at Swartzhafen have allied with the barrow lords in order to exact their revenge on the nearby Empire city of Leicheberg.

Bonus Cinematic shots with an old painting from an antique store.

That's amazing!

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Imperial knight style kaiju for the lizards is like the best idea for age of Sigmar I ever heard! (other than resurrecting the old world proper). gently caress it, introduce them to 40k as well. The slann/‘old ones’ have been licking their wounds and biding their time, cooking up giant lizards, in some other galaxy/plane. The cicatrix maledictum was their signal to come and join the circle beating to kick abaddons rear end. Hop to GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
E: nevrmind