Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I just got into sigmar, and yeah no stores in my area has anything skaven related. But god help me if that's gonna stop me from fielding a million plague monks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I'm getting into slaves to darkness and I picked up the new start collecting and got a godsworn warband on the cheap, and I'm trying to pick a direction to build the army in. I don't have any marauders for the ravagers legion, I do have a demon prince but no other monsters, so I wonder if it's worth going despoilers.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I'm putting together a 1500 maggotkin for a friendly tournament and I've been kicking around a list

What I have so far

Leaders:

Lord of Blights
-General
-Grandfather's Blessing
-Rustfang

Sorcerer
-Muttergrub
-Blades of Putrefaction
-Cloying Quagmire

Harbinger of Decay

Battleline:

Putrid Blightkings 10x

Putrid Blightkings 10x

Chaos Warriors 15x
-Shields
-Mark of Nurgle

Battalions:
Blight Cyst

I'm hoping with the warriors getting an extra save from the harbinger will help them screen for the kings. I just dont know of I should cut down on the kings to add more warriors. I'm still trying to wrap my head around army composition.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Speaking of allies, I've been on a greywater fastness kick and I'm trying to figure who'd be a better choice to beef up the ranks- fyreslayers, KO, or stormcast.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Stormcast because you can take 'em as non-allied. If you're playing warmachine-heavy greywater fastness might I suggest a Lord Ordinator since they add a flat 1 to your hit rolls.

For a moment I was mixing your choice up with Tempest Eye which is the city that lets you take KO units with the city tag and they get a surprising amount of utility out of it.

Yeah I ended up grabbing one along with some hellblasters and organ guns

Running one with a cogsmith and screening with longbeards and irondrakes

GIRL BRAINS fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 30, 2020

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Marin Karin posted:

That makes sense. Total shame though, they look so much better. :(

About half of the skaven sets are in dire need of an update

I cant believe acolytes are 20 bucks a pop

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Petrifix was the bane of my local tournament scene so I'm glad it's dead.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Sab669 posted:

Interesting. Thanks. I should probably attempt to touch the Death Guard on my pile of shame before buying more models, but drat I just cannot settle on a scheme for them and cannot get motivated :v:

But if you buy them now then your backlogs already waiting when you're done

Bing bong so simple

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Is there something like dark crusade for sigmar? Like firestorm but 2.0

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Winklebottom posted:

I'm thinking this rumor engine from a couple of days ago could be a Cursed City thing

If it is, there's good odds that the big guy we've only seen the back of could be an ogre. They're in the city at least.

Is that an aleguzzler head?

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I run a duradin heavy army and I use thunderers as stand-ins for handgunners and no ones ever minded

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
The great horned rat has numerous goals which are reflected by its numerous personalities. This is mostly reflected by the great clans having contradictory end games- for example, pestilins want to create a plague so virulent it wipes put all life in the mortal realms, skaven included. Which doesn't really jive with the rest of the clans.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
The fact the sigmar got rid of mercenaries is criminal
I want more freakshow army poo poo, the sons are not enough

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Skaven are great because you can have a list with 16 models or a list with 160 models and it's all pretty good. But holy poo poo they need to either update acolytes or squat them because at 15 a model they're probably the most expensive unit in the game

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
They need to dreg up the molds for blood island and start making those sweet rat ogres

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Deciding to go all in-in on swarming the everloving gently caress out of my enemies with an insane amount of units nonstop. What should I add to the list?

You get a point discount if you run the clanrats in blocks of 40, and you're gonna mostly use them to tarpit and hold objective while the screaming bell keeps them from running. Even with the skaven +1 hit and wound for hordes and the clawlord buffs it's gonna be am uphill battle killing tougher stuff. A block of Stormvermin is a really nice hammer for a clanrat anvil, and if you find you have an extra 100 points or so take a warp lighting vortex endless spell.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
What are the odds of cities going away and the human/aelve/duradin factions all getting their own factions or getting folded into existing factions? A duradin super faction would be great.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Winklebottom posted:

bottles ahoy

Looks like a jaw of something on the top

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Best calvary is actually gyrocopters

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I watched a battle report that had the sides rolling random objectives every turn out of a list of 66 or something like that. Is that in one of the broken realms books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
So conditional battline is just gone now? Everything is either Commander, Troop, Monster, or Artillery?