Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
What do those Astarisks mean in those leaks I wonder.

Edit: Doh I am stupid it means a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GreenMarine posted:

Last thread was good. Sentiment seems to be turning around.

Cool models and attempts to make the game better and more interesting (Both gameplay and setting wise.) really helps.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The stats for all the spells on the site in some countries.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Age-Of-Sigmar-Malign-Sorcery-2018-eng

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Clawtopsy posted:

Khaine is dead? lame

To be exact on what people are saying. He is dead, but his Iron Heart endures. And as a cyclical being he can come back to life if his worship gains enough traction. The issue is that the Holder of his Heart Morathi is tricking his followers and stealing the power his worship gives for himself. And while she is leeching it, he can't come back. Also the thing about finding his other shards is just bullshit that Morathi made up as I recall they don't exist.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Legions of Nagash
The forces of the God of Death Nagash. Lead by him, his lieutenants the Mortarchs, and various Vampries, and Necromancers. Divided into several lesser Legions lead by his Mortarchs. With spooky scary skeletons galore and an obsession with taking souls back.

How do they Play?
In various ways. As they are several factions that share the same units. From the Hordes of Skeletons from Nagash's Grand Host, to the magic and wizard focused Legion of Sacrament. Though all of them like having Skeleton Chaff, which all of them can revive, heal, and even fully replace the deceased units with another.

Play Legions of Nagash if you:
• Like large, regenerating hordes of slow close-combat units that you can stack an obscene number of buffs onto.
• Like Versatile armies of Powerful Monsters, Mages, and Elites with distracting chaff that is easily replaced.
• Like Vampires, Skeletons and Ghosts all teaming up to murder things.
• Like painting things white.

Feel free to make this entry nicer. As I not a good writer for stuff like this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

flamingweedle posted:

Thanks for advice. I'm trying to save money by using them for AOS and 40k. Is that just a dumb idea?

Not at all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question everyone does that code linked last thread for 20% off still work. And if it does can someone post it again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

What's 250 CDN?

Yeah I don't think there is anything like that right now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

Yeah, it's actually reasonable.

If you are in Canada, depending on province, Thunder Games seems to be the cheapest. If you are outside Ontario, they are GST only, 15% off and free shipping at $200.

Huh thanks. I need to check the Price vs the normal store.

Edit:Man it's way better like nearly 70 bucks off what I am trying to get. I am going to cancel my order and get it from there instead.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 17, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SpikeMcclane posted:

Hosts of Slaanesh
Followers of the god of excess, perfection, and partying, birthed by the high elves getting a little out of control. (Good job, elves.) They seek to either free or replace their god, who’s currently imprisoned. (Good job, elves.)

Slaanesh was not created by Elves getting out of control in fantasy. He was just always there like the other Chaos gods.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SteelMentor posted:

The Elves were drawn to worshipping Slaanesh via the Cults of Pleasure however.

Thanks Morathi.

Morathi also appears to be the one reviving Slaanesh in in the current setting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

LordAba posted:

To be fair, I don't think she is meaning to do it. It's just... Morathi cannot unfuck something up when it can be hosed up.

Yeah but both her and Malekith don't seem too bothered about it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 18, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SteelMentor posted:

Nah, her attempts to steal more soul juice for herself are weakening the glamours on Slaanesh's prison.

Not that she seems to care much, just means more Slaaneshi bands for her gals to murderate.

Not quite it actully dragged Slaanesh's prison closer to Ulgu, and eventually maybe entirely into that realm.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He’s still around, they just changed his name to not get sued. Malekith, Teclis and Tyrion all ascended to godhood and are currently running around trying to rebuild the elves.

They probably would not have been sued anyway given that he is still called Malekith in Total War and such.

It's also weird as he is the only God that goes by a different name now.

Clawtopsy posted:

what happened to malekith anyway

i know the best dark elf, malus darkblade, is dead and gone

is there like a comprehensive list of the fates of everyone post the sigmaring

Here is a list of the old characters still around in Age of Sigmar that I remember

First off are the Primary Gods.
Sigmar God of the Heavens.
Tyrion God of Light. Along with lesser God Teclis
Malekith (Now calling himself Malerion) God of Shadows
Alarielle God of Life.
Grungni God of Metel.
Grimnir God of Fire. (Who got himself killed fighting the greatest of Salamanders.)
Gorkamorka God of Beasts. (He is just Gork and Mork when they agree on things, when they disagree and fight they turn back into two.)
Nagash God of Death.

After that other old characters and survivors
Gotrek (with his new book, were he is going to go and look for Felix who may have also survived.)
Thanquol (Yet to do anything)
Archaon
The Glottkin
Mannfred von Carstein.
Neferata
Arkhan the Black
Vlad von Carstein (Yet to do anything)
Morathi
Celestant Prime (He is a character from the Old World we just don't know who he is. Maybe Karl Franz?)
Lord Kroak
Sotek
Kroq-Gar (Though he has yet to do anything.)
The Council of Thirteen from Fantasy (Who all became Verminlords.)
Drycha Hamadreth

And those are all of the confirmed not outright Daemon returning characters that I can recall.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

S.J. posted:

I was thinking the Celestant Prime was explicitly reincarnated Karl Franz?

I don't think it's explicit from what I recall, but it's the main theory.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ghost Leviathan posted:

At this point I imagine he's probably amused.

Warhammer Dwarves seem to be characterised by having a huge stick up their rear end, Slayers seem to be able to remove that and enjoy themselves with a total disregard for their survival.
Gotrek is a bit more grumpy about it. Particularly since he has lived long enough that other Slayers started to make fun of him for not being being able to find his doom. Namely at the time that started happening he had been a Slayer for 20 Years. And like 20 more or something passed before the end times happened.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I think he is explicitly not.

No we just have no confirmation at all. He is from the Old World is all that is known.

Pendent posted:

If Felix survived the most likely reason to me would be that he was reincarnated as a Stormcast. All things considered I'd guess one of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer since that was supposed to be their whole shtick from what I remember of the fluff.

From the book synopsis that seems to be Gotrek's theory.

quote:

Gotrek Gurnisson was the greatest monster slayer of the age, who met his doom at the End Times. The heroic dwarf stepped forth into the Realm of Chaos to fight the daemons gnawing at the world’s ending and satisfy his death oath, leaving behind his companion Felix Jaeger. Now Gotrek has returned, having outlived the old gods and the Old World. Spat from the ruinous depths with his redemption unfulfilled, he emerges into the Mortal Realms, a strange new world where gods walk and dark forces are ascendant. Nothing is as he remembers. His oaths are dust, and the lands are torn asunder by Chaos. Yet when Gotrek learns of human champions being elevated to immortality for Sigmar’s fight against this darkness, the so-called ‘Stormcast Eternals’, he knows why fate has brought him into this new age. To find Felix. For only then can he find the peace in death he seeks. But is there more to Gotrek’s apotheosis than even he can fathom? Has he truly been chosen by Grimnir and for what purpose?

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 18, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Not heard that one. Although apparently the new core book does have an amusing explanation for vampire lords using the old special characters models. When Nagash gave Mannfred a kingdom in Shyish to rule over, Mannfred made a bunch of magical copies of Vlad, Isabella, Konrad and the other Von Carsteins so he could force them to bow before him and be his lackeys. Then he had an “Oh god what the hell am I even doing?” moment and abdicated.

Vlad is confirmed to be Mortarch of Shadows still.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

If soulblight ever get a battletome vlad seems like the perfect special character for it

They don't really need a Battletome. Something like Legion of Shadows would work better in my opinion.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Clawtopsy posted:

I thought the premise of Nagash was he got all the souls of the fuckos who didn't pick a side in the Sigmaring. Brettonians, as I recall, went out like complete legends crusading until the end, to the extent King Louie's blessed blood poisoned Great Unclean Ones.

Eternally pissed that Gilles came back and fought back to back with Abhorash in the abbey, then they did nothing with it.

Nagash actually by default is supposed to get all Souls. When the Pantheon was originally set up that was promised to him. Chaos however takes the souls of their followers, so naturally Nagash was pissed at them. When Sigmar started creating the Stormcast, Nagash pretty much declared his unending hate for him cause those souls he was using for Stormcast were supposed to be his as promised by Sigmar. Likewise he hates the Elven gods for taking souls out of Slaanesh and turning them into new Eleven Races because as promised those should be given to him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am just going to use the Pitched profiles in the Gyrmsforge set for now as they make sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is this in the Soul Wars rulebook or a Malign Portent story? Don’t remember it showing up in the Legion of Nagash book.

Just word of the lore people.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Yeah, the short story from a few days ago was about how much Mannfred just cannot wait to do something against Nagash, but he knows there’s no point because Nahash would just smoke him.

Yet. No point yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Almost every major faction is going in to have a big brawl in Shyish. I don't remember if the Darkoath Queen is Khorne or non-aligned chaos, but either way I think they're all there.

Darkoath are pretty much the Norscans, Undivided.

Anyway they already lost the big fight with Nagash in the recent campaign. They broke a bunch of people out of his cells. But Nagash got what he wanted and won overall.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 21, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Arkhan not as devout loyalty could be a side effect of him being the only Old World Mortarch who did not keep all of his memories of it.

Like one of the main reasons he was so loyal to Nagash was because Nagash gave his worthless life meaning. (Well Unlife at this point.) As Arkhan started out as a good for nothing thug and became the Lich King with Nagash's help.

Deofuta posted:

He was a simpering lackey in the WHFB books, I hope he grew some god damned backbone nowadays.

Appearntly it took until 8th edition for him to get a personality beyond Nagash's right hand.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 21, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

You can ally them in but those models aren’t allowed to be used in a legions of nagash force, which is where you would run Neferata et al

This does not appear to be true. Most of the models from what have been shown can just be used normally in Legions of Nagash.

Likely the new Mortarch will be able to as well. (Once she gets her own legion.) Like in the starter set for the new edition they even say that all the Models in the set can freely be used in Legions of Nagash.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Clawtopsy posted:

okay to expand a bit on my earlier comments, i really like some of these new ghost folks. particularly dead ghost lady and radical ghost dude sitting in a chair

can i use them in an army featuring black knights, skellies, possibly neferata? i like black knights, knights are cool

Yes it's looking very likely that you can.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really like all of their views on the situation.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

They were asking specifically about the character models.

I have a feeling there is going to be a Legion of Grief in the new Nighthaunt book that will allow other Death units to be taken along with the named characters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

For_Great_Justice posted:

Horned Rat as a true god is still dumb.

Why is that. He was always a Chaos god. (Just a lesser one, I am happy he has been able to move up.)

Hes just felt like Diet-Nurgle an nothing more for years. Also any God that can be placed on table is not strong enough to be one of the Pantheon as the horned rat has a model an maybe rules?

The Horned Rat does not have a model.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Long ago the thing was its model but was changed up. I just don't get excited for rats, seems very one line.

Thats personal taste so before we get the mighty GW torches an pitchforks at mark up prices consider that. I got into aos like a month before 2.0 was announced an was on the fantasy or nothing hill before I realised it was a silly thing.

No it was always a verminlord.

AnEdgelord posted:

Ruin is Nurgle's thing, as he is the embodiment of entropic decay itself (or at least the mortal reaction to it)

There is plenty you can do with the Horned Rat as a chaos god but everything he currently represents is embodied in one of the four already. Malal, if he had stuck around, could easily have filled the role of a fifth chaos god because a chaos god who hates chaos can represent things like shame, self-loathing, and guilt, all of which aren't represented by the existing gods. The problem is that the Horned Rat had an existing identity thats being crowbared into a place where he doesn't really fit. Of course that doesn't mean GW shouldn't do it, there are plenty of stories you can tell about a god trying to maintain a distinct identity lest he be absorbed into the other four.

Ruin is not Nurgle's thing. It's Decay and Rebirth.

While the Horned Rat overlaps a bit with the other chaos gods, his portfolio and views do it in a different way.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 22, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Second to last Malign Portents story.

https://malignportents.com/story/the-final-witness/

Edit: Just read it Destruction saves the day. Also

quote:

A deafening crack sounded on the far side of the city. The choking lakes of tar that flanked Nagashizzar’s northern border began to overflow, sending great waves of black sludge flooding forth. From this viscous muck emerged thousands upon thousands of greenskin brutes, bellowing in fury as they charged towards Nagash’s city. Where they had come from, I could not see, for whatever force had guided them into Shyish was barring my vision. The leader of this mysterious horde was an enormous orruk, his face marked by a vicious wound and his right eye missing. From atop his monstrous steed he called out to his fellow creatures of Destruction, and in a surge of green flesh they crashed into the outermost wall of Nagashizzar.

In somewhat awesome news. The Mysterious Orc leader may be Grimgor.

Correction edit: It's not Grimgor it's the Ironjaw Warboss from this story. https://malignportents.com/story/the-hunt/

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 23, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Nighthaunt and Stormcast stuff like Endless Spells.

https://www.warhammer-community.com...erPreviewJune24

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Beerdeer posted:

What happens to good souls? Mildly evil ones go to become the Nighthaunt line troops, chaos worshippers go to their gods, Sigmar recycles, but what about Joe Empire who just tries to make it through the day and maybe goes to temple twice a year?

Sigmar takes the Souls of the best and brightest, The Chaos Gods take those who worship them. All others go to the myriad underworlds and afterlives of Shyish. Nagash then sends his servants to collect those souls and pervert those afterlives. While also eating any after life gods that manifest with those afterlives.

As of current events it appears that Nagash has further perverted the system of how things are supposed to work. Namely the big thing with his recent evil plan was to raise the undead in all the mortal realms, thus creating a zombie apocalypse. However this was not the main goal, the primary benefit is that he redirected the flow of souls, now all souls by default go his Fortress of Nagashizzar. Which he turns them into his ghosts.

The Nighthaunt basic troops the Chainghasts are the souls of those who were not remarkable in any way, not just the mildly evil.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 25, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Speaking of ghosts Nighthaunt heroes preview
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/25/25th-june-heroes-of-the-nighthauntgw-homepage-post-4/

Also a video game of some kind. Have not even looked at it yet

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/25/25th-june-announcing-realm-wargw-homepage-post-3/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nebalebadingdong posted:

pretty hosed up that dead babies come back as chain ghosts

I assume he has some sort of special thing for dead babies

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Deleter posted:

So Lady Olyander seems to be a ton of insane effects on a 7 wound 4+/6++ chassis. I wouldn't underestimate her but I have a feeling she might not be so crazy to fight in practice. If you can kill her in one turn to prevent her from ever healing or doing anything then you get to laugh at the guy who brought a 240 point model to the game. I'm way more interested in Kurdoss stealing command points, or using Reikenor as what a pleads to be a 75 point guarantee of getting the Purple Sun off.

Also they all look horrible to transport, and I like that Kurdoss is followed by a band of ghosts constantly dissing him.

None of them are Monsters so they all benefit from the -1 to hit with shooting "look out sir" ability. And the 4+ is unmodifiable.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 26, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Last Malign Portents story. https://malignportents.com/story/the-great-black-pyramid/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Correct and the first time was against Nagash.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think it's better then all Chaos all the time.

Though I would not mind some Malekith and the Horned Rat getting a bit more up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Floppychop posted:

I hope Nagash's battletome is a good sign as a precedent for a skaven battletome.

A general skaven alliance, then alliances for each clan.

I am also of this opinion.

Add maybe some redone and new units. And make it so that all skaven clans get access to Clanrats and Stormvermin. (Cause they all have them.) But Clan Verminous gets the best Clanrats and Stormvermin and has allegiance abilities that focus on them and buff them.