Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I'm looking to get into this game and build up an army over the next few months and I have some questions/need advice.

For my first army I’m considering one of the following:
Cities of Sigmar
Kharadon Overlords
Lumineth Realm Lords
Disciples of Tzeentch
Slaves To Darkness
Gloomspite Gitz

So if I want to make a 1000 point army for any of these what is it probably going to cost me?
I play Underworlds and I know a bunch of the warbands can be used in AoS so that might help me.
(I have the Slaves warband, the Tzeentch warband, the Overlords warband, and both Gitz warbands)

Also I have a question about the general’s handbook. I know the 2020 one is the most up to date but they still sell the 2019 one in epub format so do they still expect people to use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Two Headed Calf posted:

If you have the slaves and tzeentch warbands that should cover your sorcerers so you would only need the start collecting and a box of marauders.

Can slaves just take stuff from other Chaos factions?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Don't forget the boat also happened. It's honestly incredible how messed up the supply chain of tabletop games got because of it.

Talas posted:

This is looking better than I first thought:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_RBLaHG5g8

Wow this looks like it actually has some budget.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

So a couple of dozen pages ago I mentioned I wanted to get into AOS and I was trying to figure out an army. Well I still haven't decided so I want to ask about the Cities of Sigmar.

Are any of the war machines and the Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh any good? They're probably the units I find the coolest so if they're actually any good it might push me to playing cities.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I've asked a few times in this thread now about getting started with AoS but is it better to wait until 3rd edition comes out and see what happens? If the rumors about about a revamped CoS and the Duardin megafaction are true that might make things a bit difficult for me since I wanted to play CoS or Overlords.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Stormground seems like a 7 out of 10 game which is what I expected and not necessarily a bad thing.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Okay I definitely want to make Kruleboyz/Gitz army.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

If that rumour about the Duardin factions getting merged together is true I think I might play that. I'm not a Fyreslayer fan but the magmic invocations are cool as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Also am I dull for really liking the default colour scheme for Tzeentch Demons?

It's a good colour scheme dude