Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mugaaz posted:

I think Warcry is cool, but I want to use it as an intro to AoS proper. That means I need them to release KT-esque faction boxes for non-chaos dudes.

I'm considering grabbing The Farstriders from Shadespire and a box of Vanguard-Raptors. That'd seem to be a good basis for Warcry and hey, I can get into Shadespire at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

Has gw ever really released a real starting army boxed set? Like the start collecting or even some of the bigger boxes always just seem like you’re just buying a bulk of useful models at slight discount but still need additions for a decent list

The small-game 2 army sets are close but they are only really good for teaching the mechanics

I mean you could try the Hatchette Partworks subscription if you don't mind it arriving in chunks (and I guess find someone to take the Nighthaunts off your hands).

Must admit, that does kind of looks tempting to me, but then again I subscribed to the 40k one and I've not actually built very much of that at all. If I could actually build it per month as planned, I think I'd give it a go.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 9, 2020

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So Kragnos is a Dragon Ogre (or the Mortal Realms' equivalent), right?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

no, he's a new thing. he's the God of Earthquakes.

apparently 18W, 2+ save, impact hits that do mortal wounds

Yeah but they talk about how he ascended to godhood from being a mortal and that his people are all gone now. How many other monstrous giant centaur species can there be?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

In anticipation of Dominion, I decided to paint my first Stormcast. Behold!

I decided to take cues from that Paladin of the Common Man idea, and they're going to be a host formed of ordinary people who opposed tyranny in life before reforging and continue to do so in their new forms. Many a corrupt Burgomaster have had their cities rescued, only for their saviors to inspect the lives of the downtrodden citizens and promptly remove them from office in favour of giving power to the people (preferably without force, but in instance a particularly egreious individual was defenestrated. He did survive, although whether the defenestrator was aiming for the pile of manure when she threw is still unclear).

Now to see if old Salamanders transfers will fit on Stormcast shoulderpads. The [insert descriptor here] Drakes will liberate the free peoples!

I'm slightly worried the colour scheme might be read as a bit too Khornish but overall I'm happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

And if they get reforged too many times, what then? I'd like to think they slowly become less and less interested in realpolitik. A higher ranking officer tells your dudes that (shithead) is the best of two evils, so you leave him be and that's an order, at which point both evils get their skulls smashed in? There's also the whole "you can't just overthrow people, this is a democracy, it's anarchy to do that and that's chaos i thought you were the order guy" and some of the more hardline stormcasts not approving of your actions. Getting caught sneaking some grain and fresh water to the common folk when the men on the walls need all they can get. For the snootier stormcasts, you earn their ire for often having damaged, dingy and mud-spattered armor, with them grumbling that it's unbecoming a chosen of Sigmar to be seen helping plough a field, mill some flour etc in their downtime. I like the idea of a Stormhost that happily fights Chaos but attempts to keep Order free of Chaos-like corruption. Basically, write fanfiction, my friend.

:hmmyes:

The Cupreous Drakes don't necessarily play well with other Stormhosts. Oddly enough, while there's a degree of friction with the Tempest Lords, they can at least (very) grudgingly respect their practicing what they profess to believe, unlike many mortal nobles, and their willingness to put themselves in harm's way.

They do not like the Knights Excelsior (but then, who does?).