Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Do Gloomspite Gitz reward you super heavily for focusing on one of the subfactions (spiders/squigs/night goblins/troggoths), or do they work well as a soup? I like the Jim Henson villain aesthetic of troggoths and squigs combined more then either individually, but I'm not sure if it would be much worse then just exclusively having one or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Cool, might pick up the starter set then. Thanks.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
What's the origin of the whole vampire pirates thing anyway? It's a neat idea, just not sure how/why it took off so much.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I'm a bit disappointed in them to be honest, given how they were hyping them I was expecting something besides a third faction of orcs. Destruction getting something besides orcs and goblins would have been nice.
edit: Box set contents and pictures are up on the website for anyone who can't watch stream: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/29/warhammer-preview-online-unboxing-dominion/

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Gloomspite Gitz start collecting is full of fun models to paint, squigs and trolls are both fun, characterful, and customizable. It's a pretty bad start collecting in terms of actually starting an army at the moment though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
It's really weird for a unit like boingrot bounders, who currently have a unit size of 5-20. They could increase the minimum unit size to 10, but then you some no longer be able to have 15. I'm not sure what problem this is really meant to solve either.