Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I painted a couple guys! I haven't painted a mini since I was in high school*, so there was some serious relearning to do, but these models were pretty fun to paint- all wacky faces and lovingly highlighted codpieces.

*I slapped together a crappy genestealer in the summer, but that was just messing around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Weirdo wizard kitbash, mostly done (to my standard).

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Is that a marble?

It's a spare cannonball/poison globe thing from a skaven weapons team I had lying around. Painted black, did some grey/white swirls on it and then hit it with Tamiya Clear Red.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 15, 2020

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Finished up the weirdo wizard and his familiar/assistant-

"Doctor Otto Arcana: outcast wizard, tomb-robber, dungeoneer. Not terribly concerned with the warping effects of wild magics upon his body. Seen here with his scribe-monkey Bastardicus and his growing retinue of armsmen-assistants/ treasure-hunting scum."

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

I have no idea what color to paint my FEC - I really like Blisterskin but my Khorne and Necron armies are already red... I guess it's my ~brand~ at this point to be all red and bloody.

I had a lot of fun doing grimy, mottled FEC dudes for Underworlds- it was pretty easy and relatively quick.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Thanks! They were a lot of fun- I wanted to try out some John Blanche inspired stink and it was fun to experiment. I wasn't keen on the warband at all seeing the studio paint job, but thought I'd give them a try anyways while I was waiting for the new season to come out.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

drat, that's a striking scheme.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I'm not sure about the wing shapes in the background, but I think that's the leader of the Blood Knights.

e: f,b

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Gobbo on the right is the winner.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Had the urge lately to do some really grimdark and grimy fantasy stuff. Not a fan of the normal clean shiny Stormcast so I thought they'd be a good candidate, finished these Sequitors today:

Man, do Stormcast ever look better with normal sized weapons. You're not the guy who does the Amberfall army on Twitter, are you?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

All this swamp talk, are we going to see the Fimir?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I only play Underworlds, but if I were to jump to a bigger game it would be AoS over 40k, I already like the factions.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

moths posted:

That looks conspicuously like the mantlet from the ancient 80's Chaos Dwarf warmachines:

That Juggernaut must have weighed a drat ton (especially with the tower extending indefinitely).

Looking at the mechanisms for the Tenderizer and Whirlwind, were they just for show or would the machines actually move, I wonder?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Robert Facepalmer posted:

And it would have been cast in lead to boot.

Yeah, they worked as long as you didn't gently caress something up by gluing it or making a connection too loose.

...get off my lawn (gently caress, these last few posts are making me feel old)...

That's amazing.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I love those hobgrots, they're wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

If you're looking to try out different factions to see if you like painting them before taking the plunge, the Underworlds warbands might be a good starter, there's pretty much something for anyone at this point I think. I have now learned that there's no way in hell I'd consider painting an army of Hedonites, for instance.