Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Looking to get back into painting and playing tabletop battle games, I'm really digging Age of Sigmar and was going to finally pull the trigger and get the Soul Wars Box set, but I saw some talk there's rumors of a 3rd edition dropping soon? How likely is it that to happen, are people memeing or is there an actual rumor, or is it just bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Winklebottom posted:

Just a rumor so far. GW is coming with an unknown announcement tomorrow, which might (or might not) be AoS 3.0.

So wait until tomorrow at least :v:

Cooked Auto posted:

Considering there's been some leaks about what tomorrows Warhammer Fest reveal might be I don't think we'll see AoS3 just yet. But it's obviously building up for it considering Kragnos is the final book of the Broken Realms books.

Thanks! I'll hit up the event tomorrow.

Winklebottom posted:

if you want Stormcast and/or Nighthaunt, feel free to go for Soul Wars though. The 3.0 starter will probably be some flavor of Destruction vs. Stormcast (with an outside chance of some other Order army)

Yeah, they're 2 of the 4 armies I've been looking at.

For some reason I assumed they might re-release the box set with the 3.0 rule book. It shouldn't matter anyway because the box set does look like a good deal regardless.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
I'm back with another boxed set question.

I'm definitely going to try and pick up the new box set, is scalping a big enough problem that I'll have to worry about this?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

berzerkmonkey posted:

That AOS starter? Maybe initially, but I think it's less scalping and more GW not having the capacity to fulfill demand.

If you don't get it on the first wave, you still get it eventually. It's a core starter and will be available until AOS 4.0 is announced.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I can pick up the current AoS starter with no problems right now. There will certainly be a big push at the beginning, sure. Is it a dealbreaker if you can't get it day one?

No, definitely not but I'm in a position where I'm limited and can only pick this up online. I could even wait like 6 months but if it's longer than that, I probably would have liked to try and picked it up day one.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Deified Data posted:

Painted up some good guys for once. Scheme came together alright, now to think of a name for their Stormhost

I love The Hulk color scheme