Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Tabletop Minions is like the nicest wargaming dad. He can be long-winded but what are you even going on about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Played in an AoS 1 sendoff tournament today, 2k points 3 rounds. I brought my Spiderfang Grots with a Colossal Squig ally. I won all 3 matches, somehow, but failed to place due to the tournament's secondary objective scoring.

Round 1: vs Fyreslayers. Duality of Death. Major Victory. My spiders move twice as fast as the dwarfs and I had good terrain in my deployment that I took good advantage of.

Round 2: vs Slaves to Darkness (using Tzeentch allegiance). Knife to the Heart. Minor Victory. He underestimated my ability to cover the 18" between us in the first battle round. I got that charge off and we spent the entire game in a mosh pit near his objective.

Round 3: vs Legion of Sacrament. Scorched Earth. Major Victory, but complete loss on secondary objectives. Only reason I won was because my opponent rolled a 1 to burn one of my objectives and we ended early due to time. Legions of Nagash is maybe my hardest matchup, its hard to deal with all the debuffs and I have to play a lot more carefully than I did.

a much better showing than I expected. Normally I run a couple pieces of gitmob artillery (which would have helped against Arkhan the Black a lot) but I wanted to play that Squig, and the Squig ended up being a pretty decent 16-wound cruise missile.

Here's the 3 fully painted armies we had for the paint contest, mine included. The Daughters of Khaine took the top place in tournament points.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

GreenMarine posted:

Wow, I honestly think you should have won the painting? Love the color coded spider groupings. Just a neat army.

I did get the painting prize, but only because the DoK got the 1st place in gameplay prize. I’m fine with that. This was the first time the DoK player had his snakes fully painted and my spiders won best painted at this store 2 months ago already.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

at this point all of the warscrolls in GA:Death have been updated and I don’t think there’s a reason for it to exist.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Just get the AoS app. Scrolls are all free and up to date on that, and they are pretty good about updating them when they get updates

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

S.J. posted:

The Skryre battalions went up in points and the allegiance ability got nerfed lmao

The points end up mostly evening out with the basic battalion but still. A number of models got cheaper though. Stormfiends went down by 10 points, which is a weird number.

The Skryre battalion change is weird. A clan with two enginecovens that aren't Gautfyre comes out to 20 more points (220, which is fine), but if one is a Gautfyre its now the same price as it was before (300), and two Gautfyres is now 20 points cheaper (380). Still pretty expensive in any configuration.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Clawtopsy posted:

Okay, so I got the General's Handbook to see how to write a list. The book feels somewhat lacking in info, and I encountered a table in the Death sections saying that Nighthaunts can ally with Soulblights and Deadlords. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be information explaining exactly what Soulblights and Deadlords are. Is this in another book? I regret this purchase, which is a shame.

Huh, that is odd. Deathlords and Soulblight are two Death subfactions that got consolidated into the Legions of Nagash. The GHB used to show all those subfactions separately. They still exist even, and the phone app will show you them.

Deathlords are the big death boys: Nagash, the 3 Mortarchs (Mannfred, Neferata, Arkhan), and the elite Morghasts
Soulblight are the vampires. Anything that is a vampire, bats, blood knights, vargheists.

I wouldn't write off the whole book for this weird oversight, but its not a mandatory purchase if you're just starting the game imo

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

TKIY posted:

A 20-strong unit of Melusai with a Medusa and Cauldron supporting it is something there isn't an answer for in the Sylvaneth book, especially when they have 20 strong units of witch elves on the flanks and 15 bow Khinerai dropping in wiping out any backline support units.

That’s a decent DoK list for 1.5k but not that strong. Everything has a bad enough save that your Sylvaneth elite unit attacks should mostly just go straight to their 6+ wound save, and you should be able to focus on one-two units at a time to get heavy battleshock losses. Especially if you force them to fight in or near your wildwoods.

I could see it being a big problem though if you went very elite and didn’t have any summoning.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Yeah seems like the Pendulum and the Cogs are the major Endless Spells that see use. The Pendulum because it's predictable, the cogs because they work in a way that means you can hide them out of enemy wizards' LOS.

I think there's a good chance of all the non-predatory spells seeing play. Prismatic Palisade is a big LOS-blocking model that can't be charged over, Balewind Vortex is still good and cost effective, Umbral Spellportal might be the new Balewind Vortex for doing dumb stuff with spells at range, and the Soulsnare Shackles are a cheap throw in to slow down your enemy.

The predatory spells are harder to use well. The Pendulum is predictable but not great at range where you can clear a path for it. The Geminids seem really good. The Gravetide could be a way to block a charge lane without blocking LOS. I want to try out the Lifeswarm but at 60 points it seems steep.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Curse of Years so often just does 0-2 mortal wounds that it does feel incredibly unfortunate for when it goes off and gets to 1+, or even if it just does 5-6. I've also seen an argument about "always fails on 1s" occur every time it does go infinite; its weird to have an effect that breaks that tenet.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

The rule of one only applies to hit rolls, wound rolls and save rolls. Curse of Years involves none of these.

Oh, I'm aware. I'm just saying that it comes up almost every time I see the spell cast and get that far. Its just an oddity since even most other spells/abilities don't let you succeed anything on a 1.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

dexefiend posted:

Six seems like a good amount. 4 is a minimum.

1 Sylvaneth Wyldwood consists of 1-3 Citadel Woods. You could realistically put out one before the game, 2 your first turn, and one more every turn of the game.

You probably will hit a point where you can't put any more on the table.

I have 5.

Any table with properly setup terrain rarely leaves room for more than 2 Wildwoods. In my experience playing against sylvaneth I've never seen more than 2 Wildwoods and more than 4 of the terrain pieces in play.

unless you're going all out right out the gate I'd just get one or two to start.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Piling in is straightforward once you get used to it, and after I watch my opponent do it a few times correctly I stop paying close attention.

The problem with it is that some players just take it as a free 3” move in any direction they please. The new edition gives them more leeway but it can be frustrating to have to repeatedly call someone out on it.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Deepkin are tempting me even though there's literally seven models for them. Okay, eight counting the shipwreck. You think they're gonna be neglected?

What do you mean by neglected? Armies in AoS don’t continuously receive new models (except Stormcast Eternals). Deepkin already have more units than many armies, and likely won’t get any more for a while (if ever?).

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

There is specifically a video for it even:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTJywbFeLk

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

If you want cool fluff and setting, or if you are going to play generic Order/Chaos/Destruction/Death, get the Core Book. If you're going to be playing one of the allegiances in the GHB or you want a buttload of missions, get the GHB (otherwise just pay the $1.5/month for points in the app).

You can get by with just the app and whatever book or Battletome you need for your allegiance. I don't think the GHB is worth it for just the points when the cheap phone app and the free web builder app exist.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Crazy Ferret posted:

So I think I'm reading this change in the General's handbook right. If so it solves a problem I had with not wanting to paint 3 units of Clanrats for 2,000 point games just to cover the Battleline requirements.

So here is the change;

So I am wondering if this solves the problem for playing Clan Verminus. It lets me take Stormvermin as Batteline units. There are no alliance abilities just yet so I should default to Chaos Grand Alliance. This means I can use the abilities and artifacts while still benefiting from the new Battleline rules. My local discord seems to think it does so I'm good there. I just wanted to see if I was missing something.

Yep. You actually always could do that, they just changed why you can.

Before this FAQ the army allegiance you built your army in mind with didn’t restrict what allegiance you chose to get an ability/trait/artifacts from. So a Verminus army could use Chaos, but so could a Slaves to Darkness or Khorne player who liked Chaos traits better.

This FAQ reverses that by saying that you must use your army’s allegiance stuff unless you don’t have any.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

Still a little confused about this. If I had an army of 100% Slaves to Darkness units, can I still declare it as a Grand Alliance Chaos army, giving me access to the Chaos allegience abilities (and locking me out from Slaves to Darkness-specific battleline choices)?

Yes but I think that’s likely to change in the future. You just have to be explicit that your army is Chaos and not Slaves.

The key language in the errata is “Note that if allegiance abilities exist for a faction army, you must use them.”

Vs the core rule book pg 242, “An army can have an allegiance to a faction...”

So you don’t have to say your army is a faction, but if you do then you must use that faction’s allegiance stuff.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Rules question that I sure has been answered, but I can't seem to find a clear answer.

How does visibility and line of sight really work? Pure true line of sight, including through units?

Its true line of sight and everything on the table can block it. Most folks play it so that you need to be able to see more than just a hand sticking out but its also very hard to tell the LOS in a big melee scrum. Generally if you don't have a solid wall or giant monster model in the way you probably have LOS.

quote:

Just played a 750 point game, my Khorne Demons against Tzeentch mortals. He used his Tzaangor wizard on disc to cast a nuke spell through a big combat to hit my Bloodmaster Herald, using a fate point or whatever to cause 6 wounds, killing my leader outright. Ended up basically turning what would have been a sure win into a loss for me.

He can't use a fate dice to determine the number of mortal wounds a spell does. Thats where he messed this up. This has been specifically FAQ'd because he can modify a "Damage roll" per his battletome but a "Damage roll" specifically refers to damage done by a ranged/melee attack.

quote:

1) Would 'Look out Sir!' apply here?

Nope. Look Out Sir! Is a -1 to hit modifier for ranged attacks if the character is within 3" a friendly unit of 3+ models. Spells aren't ranged attacks, they don't roll to-hit.

quote:

2) My reading of the rules says that most spells like this say that the caster must simply pick a visible unit. So if he can see a toe of my leader, he can cast against him, even through all the intervening units and combats. Seems kind of crummy, but I I don't see anything that says anything that prevents it. No idea how I am supposed to deal with that sort of thing in the future since my guys can just get sniped even with units around them.

If his wizard was on a disc he probably had a clear LoS to your hero anyway. But yes, Wizards are powerful. Tzeentch has most of the best ones and spells so you have seen the worst of it already. Its kinda just their thing. You just kinda deal with it. probably just by trying to bash the wizards' heads in.

quote:

Still learning and enjoying the game! I'm surprised this forum hasn't picked up more steam considering how positive people seem to feel about 2.0.

We all started talking on the discord when we thought the forums were going to die.

Danimo fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 29, 2018

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Artifacts are chosen on list construction and don’t have to come from the realm you play in. The actual time sink would be all the spells every wizard gets and referencing the Malign Sorcery book a lot for them.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Yeah it’s just another thing to get used to. I’m all for giving my wizards in non-battletome armies more spells to use and introducing more reactive elements to gameplay.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

I use the AoS app to reference warscrolls but everybody forgets half of that poo poo in their first half dozen games.

Use tokens or coins to keep track of spells and command abilities, it helps a lot. But there isn’t much to do other than play games and re-read your own stuff.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

i lose the access to beastclaw artifacts and the allegiance abilities if i get a butcher, correct?

edit: i also lose the ability for all of my stuff to be battleline if i'm looking at this warscroll builder correctly

You can have the Butcher as an ally. 20% of your army can be allies without breaking allegiance. The Generals Handbook will tell you which factions are eligible allies.

All the ogors and troggoths are allies for BCR

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Especially doesn't help when all these factions are supposed to be in grand coalitions, but we don't see any points on how they actually interact with each other, they're actually worse at it than even 40k so far.

The Grand Alliances aren’t political coalitions so much as ideological. The factions of Order can unite to fight threats from the other Grand Alliances, but each Grand Alliance has a fair amount of in-fighting (except maybe Death, which Nagash limits to just rivalries).

The Malign Portents Harbringers are essentially cross-faction heroes and can be taken by any army in their GA as a general or just ally.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Can I get the Stormcast Endless spells and use them without the Malign Sorcery expansion?

If you have the warscrolls and models there’s nothing stopping you as long as you know how playing with them works.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

The Deleter posted:

Anybody have any idea of how to deal with big stuff like a Mawcrusha? I've always struggled against big stuff and generally have to hurl bodies against them. I have a hard time figuring out what a decent anti-monster unit is (that doesn't explcitly deal more damage against Monsters).

Evocators, paladins or dracoth-riders with some kind of support. There’s a couple ways to give -1 to hit to the enemy (Lord Arcanum on foot, Lord Relictor, allied wizards) and lots of ways to buff your own units.

Also Judicators are pretty good battleline but they are for sniping support heroes and trying to soften up the mawcrusha when playing against ironjawz

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

beergod posted:

Brewing up my first Aos Army. Have this so far and looking for advice. I don't want to play in tournaments yet but I also don't want to get owned on the reg so...:

Order/SCE/Hammers of Sigmar

Battalions
Grand Convocation
Cleansing Phalanx

Leaders
Lord Arcanum on Gryph Charger with Staff of Focus, We Cannot Fail, Chain Lightning, and Aetheral Stalker
Knight Incantor with Mindlock Staff and Starfall
Knight Incantor with Lightning Blast
Lord Exorcist with God-forged Blade and Stormcaller

Battleslines
10 Sequitors
5 Sequitors
5 Sequitors

Other
5 Evocators
3 Evocators on Dracolines

Endless Spells
1 Everblaze Comet

Total: 1990 points

I hosed around with the battleline; I could do 2 10x units of sequitors and 5 liberators which allows me to empower buff all the sequitors with the battalion ability but the liberators are poo poo imo. everblaze comet looks fun to play.

I saw your post on TGA, I think the advice they gave was correct (a bit squishy, lots of battalion points, no shooting) but I think the list they suggested is kinda bad. They are a bit obsessed with using Cogs to charge big groups of sequitors and evocators in that thread.

Liberators are poo poo compared to Seqs but they are still fine. Or you could drop one of the battalions for 5 more Sequitors.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

He’s scary as hell but without any mortal wound protection or spell protection other than the -3 to cast (a LoN army can compensate for that) there’s plenty of ways for armies to try to deal with him. 1200 points seems appropriately costed.

That said you’d have to be a huge jerk to bring him to a casual game

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

30 wounds and healing sounds like a decent amount of mortal wound proctection to me, especially in a 6 turn game

30 wounds isn’t much for that many points and you can easily do 30-35 in a turn or two, the bigger issue is positioning and deploying such that you can get the damage in at all before he barfs wounds all over it.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Mugaaz posted:

I know their are rules from FW, I was asking more along the lines how players would react to a LoA army. Are they going to balk because "gently caress FW", will it be ok only in casual but not allowed in tournaments, etc.

Forgeworld doesn’t carry the same stigma in AoS as in 40k, you’d be fine. Mourngul used to be the main anti-FW culprit in Sigmar and would get singled-out for being busted but has gotten nerfed a few times to the point to just being a decent big monster for the Nighthaunt.

But the chaos dwarves don’t do anything wild and are about as strong as the other allegiances that don’t have battletomes.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

queef anxiety posted:

Does anyone have any Archaon lists as of GHB2018 I can look at?

A local player has been having moderate success with Archaon, 12x Varanguard and a Chaos Warshrine. Varanguard are tough and hit like a truck.

He does have play very carefully in battleplans with more than 2 or 3 objectives. There are a few where only heroes can score and those are tough.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Sab669 posted:

I read over each of the army's descriptions in the OP, and I've played a lot of Warhammer Underworlds - so I'm vaguely familiar with the 3 "chapters" of the Stormcast Eternals. Is it viable to just go all in on 1 chapter, or do you kind of have to fill it in with a little of everything?

The Chambers aren’t really chapters like in marines. Stormcast have Stormhosts which are almost exactly like space Marine chapters.

The chambers tend to have a lot of synergy within themselves and it’s definitely viable to go all in on one but most folks don’t.

quote:

What is the "shootiest army" in AoS and just how bad are they to play against? I think that's a large factor in whether I go with Stormcast or Ironjawz. I'm admittedly a bad player and tend to run lists that strike me as fun rather than good, which results in my Death Guard often just getting shot off the table before I can get in range to do much, and I'd like to not have that problem if I go into this game.

Stormcast can be very shooty but it’s elite shooting so it’s not the most you can put on a table. Kharadron Overlords are all about shooting but they’re just ok at the moment.

There are other shooty armies but good AoS armies have ways of maneuvering around it or dealing with it. Stormcast can deep strike half their list, and Ironjawz can close distance very quickly.

In AoS you have to worry more about protecting your heroes, it’s fairly rare to just get entirely shot off the table.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Sab669 posted:

So I don't "get" Warscroll Battalions? Or how they effect your unit deployments.

I assumed they were going to be similar to 40K Detachments in that you just bring N number of Y unit types (Elite, Infantry, Fast Attack etc), but these seem almost more like "Theme Forces" from Warmachine/Hordes in that "If you bring only these units, get XYZ bonuses".

Yeah its similar to Themes from WMH. You take the required batallion units listed on the batallion warscroll, pay the points for that batallion warscroll, and then the units in that batallion get the rules on the batallion warscroll. Unlike what I recall of Theme Forces, you can have multiple batallions in a list. Some batallions even have batallions in them (Ironjawz has a few like that iirc) and those usually end up being a whole army.

When you are deploying you can choose to deploy batallions as a single drop. So if you army has 8 units but 5 of them are in a batallion you only have 4 drops in deployment.

edit: you also get a bonus Artifact and a bonus command point per batallion. Batallions are generally good, and choosing one you like is a great way to build up a new army.

Danimo fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 5, 2018

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Sab669 posted:

I'll stop posting soon I swear. Where the hell are the point costs? I don't see them anywhere in this Battletome...

Edit: Or Artefacts or Traits for my General, for that matter...

General’s Handbook 2018. Everyone’s points are in there, plus allegiance abilities & artifacts for lots of factions with no/old battletomes. Ironjawz are from the pre-Sylvaneth era of battletomes that don’t have, uh, useful rules.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Double posting; any of you goony motherfuckers have examples of either of these Sigmar "chapters"?

Of course the schemes I like the most were left out of all of the "Painting your Barbie Dolls" section of the Battletome :(

I can't find any examples on Google, and most minis gallery sites are blocked at work

My stormboys I’m working on were inspired by that Sons of the Gladius scheme, but a bit brighter.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

ChezWagon posted:

I am just starting off with a Soul Wars Stormcast army myself and I was wondering what people thought of Astreia Solbright instead of the Lord Arcanum on Gryph-charger. Her model looks amazing but I'm not sure how much more useful the Lords healing is.

It depends what you are using them for and how your army is built. Astreia's version of the Command Ability only affects Hammers of Sigmar units so if you are playing Hammers then she's going to slightly cheaper for the same effect. Dracolines are better at charging into combat but the Gryph-Chargers claws are slightly better when not charging. If you are playing other Dracolines then you really want a hero on a dracoline for the Pride Leader mount trait, but the LAGC's healing spell is also pretty good if you have big 5+ wound models. The Gryph-Charger's ability to Ride the Winds Aetheric is pretty great.

Astreia's model is cooler than the LAGC imo and I have one to eventually use as a Lord Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline, but I think Astreia is only worth using if you are playing Hammers.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Sab669 posted:

I'm a little confused by the wording on the Celestar Ballista's Chained Lightning ability:

Just wanted to make sure I understand this right:

* Roll to hit (1 attack at 3+, or 4 attacks at 5+)
* Assuming I hit with the 1 @ 3+, I then roll D6
* Make D6 Wound rolls (followed by saves)

And if I made the 4 attacks at 5+, would I roll Nd6 where N is the number of successful 5+ hits?

Or is it just like a weapon that makes D6 attacks in 40K in that I'd roll the D6 first, then roll to Hit & Wound?

Also, since this Ballista has 2 attack profiles can I shoot both of them in a round, or only 1? I assume both by 40K logic, but also it's a loving Ballista so I would also assume I can't?

1. The former. You roll to hit then you roll d6 wounds per hit.

(The latter would simply be expressed as D6 attacks on the weapon profile)

2. There is another special rule on the warscroll after Chained Lightning that stipulates that you must choose one of the profiles when you shoot.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

dexefiend posted:

Mass painting techniques like dipping will work better on male models. Not being sexist here. Male models usually have darker shading than female models. If you paint female skin the same as male skin, it will read more masculine.

I would read up on painting female skin before embarking on a DoK army.

its not that bad

Flesh-shade over white with a quick pale highlight works great on witch elves

Danimo fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 19, 2018

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

TKIY posted:

Evocators want to be upfront wrecking poo poo. That free MW at the end of combat is golden from what I've seen. Castigators don't really seem great, proxy them as Judicators maybe.

edit: Please note that this is all theory but what I'm going for after asking that very question, watching some BatReps and hanging out at the FLGS with some regular players.

Castigators are a lot better than the mathhammer wizards say they are imo, but you can't slot them in and play them like Judicators (sit on an object and fire at any heroes that wander within two feet). I play 15 castigators in my Soulstrike Brotherhood army and they are good at armor cracking.

Sab669 posted:

So I know within the last few pages, someone asked "How do I expand my Sigmar beyond Soul Wars?" and the advice to round out the Evocator / Sequitors units makes good sense, and the Ballistas seem cool so I'd like another 1 or 2. I've got my Cursebreakers / Far Striders / Champions from Underworlds too, but because I haven't even so much as played a game I can't figure out where to go because I don't know how they feel on the table.

Lord-Arcanum on a Gryph-Charger: Fast punchy guy?
Knight Incantor - mediocre punchy wizard?
Evocators - Do they just stand back and buff my Sequitors? Do I want to get them in melee?
Castigators - Decent ranged
Ballista - seems pretty good
Sequitors - Decent enough punching

They feel kind of Jack of All Trades, and I don't know if I want to just continue with a well-rounded army, or if I should specialize in a particular direction?

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger is great if you are playing other sacrosanct stuff to go with his command ability or want to use his spell to keep high-wound count models up. The Knight-Incantor is what you go to if you just need a Good Wizard for casting random spells and dispelling your opponent's best spell on a key turn. But they aren't reliably "punchy" and shouldn't really get into combat until later rounds when either you're mopping up or you're desperate. Its too easy for the Knight in particular to randomly take 5 wounds in a combat.

Evocators you want in melee all the time. Their Celestial Lighting Arc ability is reliable mortal wound output (the most valuable thing you can do), and their normal attacks are pretty good. They are undercosted, so if you have them play them as much as you can until they go up like 40 points per 5.

Castigators don't look impressive on the spreadsheet but -2 rend shooting is real good and benefit greatly from the aforementioned LAoGC

Ballistas are good at shooting but are very swingy (some games they'll do 3 wounds, some games 15).

Stormcast Eternals isn't an army that forces (or even necessarily wants) you to specialize, and one of its best strengths is the ability to do stuff in every phase. Play the battleline you like, add in heavy-hitters and/or ranged shooters and Lords/Knights that support the plan you go with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Yea, I don't love the "Hammers of Sigmar" Stormhost. For that "Soul of the Stormhost" ability, do you create a new unit at the "starting strength" of the unit that was destroyed, or do you create a new unit at the strength of the unit just before it was destroyed?

By that I mean if you deployed 10 Sequitors and lost 6, then lost the remaining 4 to a separate wave of attacks. I imagine you create a new unit that's only 4 models strong?

You get the full strength unit.

Gavriel is good but is just the darling of internet lists since he lets you get into combat first and immediately.