Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
IIRC, you can just plop down into a dungeon and grind some gold to buy more food before visiting Lord British, so starting gold is no that much of an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
Something worth noting is that since the gremlins steal half your food, every theft you want you character to be able to take and keep exploring doubles the amount of food needed.

Anyway, if you want to make the game as easy as possible, get a high starting wisdom. That stat is of highest priority. Gold and hit-points are of low priority, you can remedy a low start of those stats easily enough. The rest can be considered medium priority. I didn't abuse the amulet though, so maybe things change if you do. Still, as long as you get a very good starting wisdom, you can beat this game easily enough even without amulets.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
I beat the game without using the Magic Amulet. It took some grinding, but not that much IIRC, definitely nothing compared to what you see in say Diablo like games. You dive down to the lowest gremlin free level where you can still fight enemies somewhat comfortable. Then you grind HP there. Once you have enough HP, go down to the relevant level, kill the quest objective and then get out ASAP.

I wonder how much the starting stats really matter now. Considering how much it takes to one-shot enemies, I wonder if having 20 instead of 10 in a stat makes a significant difference.

• Locked thread