Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Crystalgate posted:

I beat the game without using the Magic Amulet. It took some grinding, but not that much IIRC, definitely nothing compared to what you see in say Diablo like games. You dive down to the lowest gremlin free level where you can still fight enemies somewhat comfortable. Then you grind HP there. Once you have enough HP, go down to the relevant level, kill the quest objective and then get out ASAP.

I wonder how much the starting stats really matter now. Considering how much it takes to one-shot enemies, I wonder if having 20 instead of 10 in a stat makes a significant difference.

If HP is all you can grind, the intended way to solve the game can't really have been anything other than "get your HP so high you can tank a ton of hits and wear down what you need to kill". The Lizardman is clearly intended to just be a bonus you can luck into by chance, and comes across as a very strange design choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread