Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I decided to make a thread for this game because people have been discussing it in a couple other threads anyways.

Plutonis posted:

I'm stuck on the loving science mission on isla sorna because those fuckers keep breaking out and getting uncomfortable...

Highlight a dino and bring up the comfort chart to see what aspect is pissing them off. Stuff like terrain, other dinos, not enough of the same species etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

The problem is that the freaking mission wants me to put them all at the same place (which includes a carnivore) so the micro is getting me insane

Oh lol jeez. I haven’t played that one yet, I’m trying to do the islands in order

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This series, technically speaking, counts as cyberpunk.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Heads up, I got the mission to have a velociraptor and ankylosaurus and a third one because I thought you just had to have the specific type of dinos for the mission but what I didn’t know was that the first one you spawn is the mission-required one so, when my first velociraptor died of old age before I finished the ankylosaurus area, it failed the mission... that sucks lol. Anyways time to play this for another six straight hours

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh you can just restart a mission from the little park rating menu. Phew

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

took me a while to figure that out. having a lot of fun with this game buildin little dinosaurs and enclosures. i wish there were more cosmetic modifications, for plantlife and the park itself.

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah this game needs smaller service buildings like food stands or drink vending machines and other little crap you can place around. at least if you use the extra wide paths it puts flags and garbage bins

I have a feeling these’ll be added at some point. I want a very fern-filled biome

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Me too but you better have a ranger station close by because the dinosaurs will probably get bracken poisoning every 20 seconds.
Also the terrain seems tied to the island i.e. each has a slightly different "biome", so it would be cool if you could choose what kind of biome vegetation you want to put down in the sandbox park

I hope there’s a North American coniferous style forest one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjD1sk2s9bk

This kind of environment

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Lumpy, I saw on your stream that all the prompts were controller buttons, how’s the game play on controller? I really want to check this out but I’ll probably end up getting it on Xbox if the controller works well, I don’t think my PC would run it.

It seems to work just fine all around, but micro can be a pain on the dick since there’s no minimap to just instantly click and go somewhere. Is there one in the PC version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh.... LOL well then it's probably the same.

• Locked thread