Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AbusePuppy posted:

This is true, but also extremely wrong. Yennefer is a horrible, thoughtless bitch and you should kick her to the curb as soon as possible because Triss is actually a good person who isn't accidentally ruining the world for no reason.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Kool av/name BTW.. welcome to the Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Truly, each man hath wrought the fate he deserves; and I, no different.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i started playing this again after getting near the end but stopping during release month. advanced the main quest and partway thru the first DLC now. still a cool game. "blood and bones" or the 2nd hardest difficulty is nice if you want to actually parry and dodge in combat. have fun OP>

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triss is a slut

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

there are treasure maps you can buy from merchants to find Craftable Witcher Armors which tend to have good numbers on them. some sets look cooler than others so you should probably look up pics. think its bear/wolf/cat? (heavy,medium,light)

bear school stuff is my favorite. have fun op

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

you are definitely a beta if you pick Triss

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like the magic skills the most since they teach you how about geometry

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Highly recommend buffing Igni up until you can shoot a stream of fire out of your hand that causes dudes to explode

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

None of the romances in TW3 seem too appealing. Yen is canon but IIRC she uses magic to keep herself pretty and is actually a weird little hunchback... Triss is bleh... picking Ciri is just some weird Woody Allen poo poo.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

None of the romances in TW3 seem too appealing. Yen is canon but IIRC she uses magic to keep herself pretty and is actually a weird little hunchback... Triss is bleh... picking Ciri is just some weird Woody Allen poo poo.

all the sorceresses are like 200 years old and were ugly i think

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

You can have an old crone sorceress who uses magic to be forever young, or a regular human who turns into a crone in *notes Eastern European setting* ten years.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I killed the noonwraith and put my first point into axii? Whichever boosts dialogue success.

"A gamer need nary unsheath thine blade wence a slick tongue wins the day." - Hogwarts Professor of Gaming

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I killed the noonwraith and put my first point into axii? Whichever boosts dialogue success.

"A gamer need nary unsheath thine blade wence a slick tongue wins the day." - Hogwarts Professor of Gaming

Congrats Witcher. It's good in combat too , I think you get instakills on enemies you stun with it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Get ye some saddle bags.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Also if you never challenge the Bloody Baron to Gwent because it always feels totally inappropriate to do so, you can find his unique card in his office at some point

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

save draconid leather and metoerite silver or the stuff the breaks down into it for later. you can safely sell most other materials. enjoy, OP

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Get ye some saddle bags.

also this. you can win them in the horse race quests or just buy them. they make it so you have to go back to the dwarf in the baron's town less often to sell stuff.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

you are definitely a beta if you pick Triss

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm trying to enjoy this game, I'm loving trying to, but this fantasy poo poo naming technique is no different from Star Wars diarrhea to me, to the point where I just ignore everything after the stupid loving name.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

You can blame the author of the original books for constantly inserting Gaelic names and terms into his stories for seemingly little reason

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm trying to enjoy this game, I'm loving trying to, but this fantasy poo poo naming technique is no different from Star Wars diarrhea to me, to the point where I just ignore everything after the stupid loving name.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ser Gwwnneed map Ttweylleyen: Oi you blodgering elfsbitch whore! To the dragon's cock with you knifeass!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sometimes old timey ppl were named Peter or Jonas, you don't need all this bullshit that's pissing me off.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sometimes old timey ppl were named Peter or Jonas, you don't need all this bullshit that's pissing me off.

These are my friends Peter, Jonas, and Noctis Lucis Caleum

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Losing my poo poo about Biggs Darklighter.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

i know what you're doing bitch but guess what: everyone knows him as just Noctis, everyone in the gfucking game calls him Noctis, he's only ever refereneced as a single name: Noctis. So go suck an egg with your anti FF15 poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did Dragon Age or Witcher start the meme of calling people old Welsh/British words in fantasy RPGs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i know what you're doing bitch but guess what: everyone knows him as just Noctis, everyone in the gfucking game calls him Noctis, he's only ever refereneced as a single name: Noctis. So go suck an egg with your anti FF15 poo poo

I maintain that Emhyr var Emeris is a tight evil emperor name

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

I maintain that Emhyr var Emeris is a tight evil emperor name

You've lost all credibility trying to rope an unrelated game into this and all your advice will be stricken from the record.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Did Dragon Age or Witcher start the meme of calling people old Welsh/British words in fantasy RPGs.

Weird post from the resident Elder Scrolls Loremaster

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh true though altmer names aren't as absurdly celtic, if you ask me.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
witcher 3 is really fun once you land the rhythm of main quest -> side quest -> contract that works for you. good luck op and enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I meant the more modern meme though also... To me there's a difference between bosmer names and the kinds of names and patronymic and other poo poo in the Witchers and dragon ages and crap. Just feels like they went really ham on it in comparison.

• Locked thread