Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mf looks like the MadTV version of Geralt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

just so long as they properly adapt the peasants im good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some of the netflix originals have been really good and some of them have been incredibly bad day time tv dogshit. guess we'll find out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Larry Parrish posted:

some of the netflix originals have been really good and some of them have been incredibly bad day time tv dogshit. guess we'll find out

The good ones have almost consistently been the ones they've purchased and are now cancelling (American Vandal) and the bad ones are the ones they develop in house lol.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the castlevania series wasn’t bad at all but it probably helped that I had the lowest possible expectations for it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There's a lot of good Netflix originals but people only talk about the lovely ones cos it's more fun to trash something

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

For awhile Netflix was throwing a little bit of money at basically anyone who asked so there are definitely some really good series that would never have found a home otherwise and a ton of really, really bad series. They're starting to finally cancel some of the big money ones and be selective with content, but it looks like they bought Henry Cavill's wig at the Halloween store, so maybe this one will be cheap enough to make for awhile.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There's a lot of good Netflix originals but people only talk about the lovely ones cos it's more fun to trash something

Do you think that’s a goon thing or a human thing?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The new online Gwent is pretty cool, the revamped version launche yesterday for all platforms. I never really played the old version beyond the tutorial but it frontloads you with enough crap to get like half of a complete collection of cards off the bat, I don't feel restrained at all putting decks together

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah this kicks rear end I've been playing all day. Definitely want to try the single player campaign. It's kind of different coming from Witcher 3 Gwent, it's both more simple (only 2 lanes) and more complicated (a lot more ways to interact with your opponent's side or the board, cards with activated abilities that can repeatedly do stuff every turn after you've played them, etc) .

I have a cool elf deck that constantly wipes the enemy board and a cool skellige deck that gets a ton of value from recurring discarded cards. Run into some really weird decks online too that make me want to check them out

goferchan fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 6, 2018

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

Yeah this kicks rear end I've been playing all day. Definitely want to try the single player campaign. It's kind of different coming from Witcher 3 Gwent, it's both more simple (only 2 lanes) and more complicated (a lot more ways to interact with your opponent's side or the board, cards with activated abilities that can repeatedly do stuff every turn after you've played them, etc) .

I have a cool elf deck that constantly wipes the enemy board and a cool skellige deck that gets a ton of value from recurring discarded cards. Run into some really weird decks online too that make me want to check them out

once you get out of the bottom rank everyone is going to be using 1 of 2 decks. incidentally they will have found them on google too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i want to try the single player gwent but i don't want to play 30 dollars

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

once you get out of the bottom rank everyone is going to be using 1 of 2 decks. incidentally they will have found them on google too

That's almost certainly true. And lyle you should at least try the tutorial missions for MP gwent first to see if you like the changes they made from witcher 3 because it's real different

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

this is the problem with basically every ccg that isn't magic tbh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a lot of fun with gwent in the witcher 3 today. But is it me or is the easy way to win every time to just spam spies and then pass, so you have a giant card lead and win the next couple rounds. Even the AI uses this strategy a lot

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

You're not wrong, that strat is pretty broken once you put the deck together. Drawing cards is stupid powerful

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I had a lot of fun with gwent in the witcher 3 today. But is it me or is the easy way to win every time to just spam spies and then pass, so you have a giant card lead and win the next couple rounds. Even the AI uses this strategy a lot

Spies are definitely OP because anything that gives you card draw is. if you play the cards with hearts on them and decoys, you can also use your enemies spies or just recur your best non-hero cards. You usually don't even have to pass the first round because the AI is stupid if it isn't playing spies. you just play one or two big cards and they concede, so you go into the second round with both card advantage.

northern realms is thebest deck for a long time until you get the nilfgard leader who takes a card out of your opponents discard pile so you can replay your own spies. it also has a ton of spies and resurrection.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

in particular the monster and scoia teal decks are kind of garbage, because their ability to pull all their cards out of the deck and drop them on the board is really vulnerable to scorch or that 7 guy you can drop that kills the best units in the front row. plus they have no card draw so they just sit on their hands in the second two rounds.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah in the online version card draw is almost nonexistent which was probably a good balancing move. I think the only one I've seen is a Ciri card that has like "After this card has been on the board for 5 turns, draw a card" which is a risky play

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

gwent potentially has the ability to differentiate itself from stuff like mtg and hearthstone because of the way everything is scored at the end of a round, which makes it considerably less interactive, but i just don't think they have the game designers to balance it so that there aren't like 1 - 3 tier 1 decks that do exactly the same thing every time they play. magic has been around for 30 years and they still periodically run into that proble.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a big commitment to balance a game at a competitive level. Especially if you're not trying to be valve or blizzard and have the game be fun still

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

don't doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

• Locked thread