Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Competition is more awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

imho OP, while I genuinely do appreciate the effort of running a competition, I think an Imp Zone Arcade thread would work better as just a compilation of all the Imp high scores for these classic games, without a time limit. Like a forum wide high score screen that people can post their scores to whenever

agreed

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Definitely see ur point & I support someone making a general "Leaderboard" type thread but personally I like competitive gaming spirit and also the idea that doing a single game sort of forces you to focus in on a game in a way that maybe you wouldn't if you had unlimited time & game choices.
if its just me & Lyle goin head 2 head for the Tapper Doge trophy...works 4 me.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Competition is more awesome.

the point of an arcade is a place to go whenever you’re in the mood to play one of these games, and to see how other semi-anonymous people have done at them; maybe people just didn’t want to play tapper this week, maybe they won’t next week, but then when they do they can come see what the score to beat is and try for a badge

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wow typocal lazy millennials.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think the thread and the badges and everything are cool and very good don’t get me wrong, I just think the pace of this forum tends to be a little inconsistent for weekly challenges

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The way I was thinking of it was like - the way a "movie of the week" thread would work in a forum where each time there's a new thread that links back to the old ones so that way if people want 2 continue competing there's a place for that as well as a place for what's currently goin on so it's like games getting added to an arcade. But I could see how that might get out of hand compared to a single larger thread, but, like you said...not like IZ is that fast moving.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm downloading MAME and will make an attempt tonight unless someone challenges me to a fighting game in the next 2 minutes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's still plenty of time till the 27th, and everybody loves to do some gaming on the weekend. I also like the idea of the victor picking the next game

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b_mitch posted: just got a 37,000,023 on tapper.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
okay ya gonna leave it as is & just see how it goes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The thing that's a bummer with Tapper is that a lot of the fun of tapper is the big fake plastic tap you get to flick and smack.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Best I could do was 34975. I'll try again later.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i didnt even see this thread

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The in browser version doesn't work for me.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah I think it's busted, I tried tweeting at the guy who uploads/maintains that stuff on Archive when Max Payne posted about it earlier bcuz no idea who else to contact but I got nothin.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i was planning on playing this today, you know, the weekend

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think this is my final submission. I can get to stage 8 consistently but then I can't clear past that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ill try more later

Only registered members can see post attachments!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got slightly better meaning i can get further quicker meaning my scores dropped -_-

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

stopping here for tonight, I'll see if i can break 40k tomorrow..

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

Best I could do, the wacky new wave bar really fucks me up.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Started intentionally leaving one or two lanes open so i could just use em for points & only clearing em out when it got too fast, didn't even get past outdoor sports bar!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

:cheerdoge:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
!!!5 hours remain!!! (PST)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i fuckin hate this game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mycophobia posted:

i fuckin hate this game

lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

i fuckin hate this game

Its good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hit 39750, I'm happy with that I suppose. It's a drat fun game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

i fuckin hate this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

1) b_mitch: 37,000,023 (No longer IZ verified)

1) Hat Thoughts: 66,175

2) mysterious loyall X: 60,575

3) elf help book: 53,500

4) skull wall: 40,425

5) Kongming: 34,975

Enormous respect to the OP for running an arcade competition where they mysteriously win every time :cheers: game recognize game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Been grinding this poo poo out all week in my spare time, instead of playing Quake. Hit 84,392 tonight. What an awesome feeling.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Been grinding this poo poo out all week in my spare time, instead of playing Quake. Hit 84,392 tonight. What an awesome feeling.
:wom:

In Training posted:

Enormous respect to the OP for running an arcade competition where they mysteriously win every time :cheers: game recognize game.
:cheerdoge:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

That's not even the highest score I posted. Definitely something amiss here.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Kongming posted:

That's not even the highest score I posted. Definitely something amiss here.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He didn't put up my 80K+ one either. Ah well.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Wormskull posted:

He didn't put up my 80K+ one either. Ah well.

yes i did!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
all this slander, this truly is an Imp Zone

• Locked thread