Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

MikeJF posted:

Embracer is fragmenting itself and Cryptic is now a subsidiary of 'Coffee Stain & Friends'. :psyduck:

Jesus ITT I learn Embracer gobbled up Coffee Stain.

If they gently caress up Deep Rock I will loving rock and stone a motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Iconian TFOs for the next meta event.

Awards a ground weapon, omni antiproton beam array, and antiproton dual heavy cannons.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I never played those much, what's the least annoying option?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MikeJF posted:

I never played those much, what's the least annoying option?

Gateway to Gre'thor. Just pick a lane, kill Iconians, and close the fart gates.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Gateway to Gre'thor. Just pick a lane, kill Iconians, and close the fart gates.

If you have a competent team, Brotherhood of the Sword is fastest, but good luck with that.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

No way to afk this one though, huh? :argh:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

So they revealed the new Dyson Ships on tream today.

They look amazing, but their traits are rear end. Borticus is back, it seems.

Federation Kardashev class.

Klingon version

Romulan Rallus class.

A bunch of Shield and Drain traits, they even said on stream, apparently, that one of them is the worst trait they've ever designed.

But they might have decent chassis, to summarize from reddit where i grabbed these images:

Reddit posted:

All ships:
4/3
Sec Def Science Mode
EXP WPN Tactical Mode

Cmdr Sci* with first spec
LtCmdr Uni with second spec
LTCmdr Tac*
LT Eng
Ens Uni

*Swaps to CMDR Tac/LTCMDR Sci in Tactical Mode.

FED is Command/Temporal (this is correct, screenshot is wrong sorry about that)
KDF is Intel/Command
ROM is Temporal/Intel

KDF has battle cloak.

The Romulan one in particular could be very nasty for science shenanigans.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 1, 2024

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Eimi posted:

No way to afk this one though, huh? :argh:

Grab your jellyfish out of the shipyard, park in a lane, turn on your AOE and go take a dump or have a smoke or surf forums or whatever.

God I love the jellyfish. I need to rename it USS AFK.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Grab your jellyfish out of the shipyard, park in a lane, turn on your AOE and go take a dump or have a smoke or surf forums or whatever.

Do any stats matter for it beyond that console? I've honestly never used it before.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

they also showed concept art for what is clearly a T6 Obelisk at the end of the stream

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Hunter Noventa posted:

So they revealed the new Dyson Ships on tream today.

Not sure why they'd want to release a trait they admit is the worst one they'll release, but I'm not a dev.

Looks like people are already lamenting the ships aside from the ROM one. I'm interested in the FED one at least, and I kinda want to make it workable, but I don't know if it could be salvaged into something decent.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FuturePastNow posted:

they also showed concept art for what is clearly a T6 Obelisk at the end of the stream

Summer event ship, perhaps?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Eimi posted:

Do any stats matter for it beyond that console? I've honestly never used it before.

Stats don't matter at all.

The ship's special turns you into a giant, immobile, AOE tower. You're dealing damage and healing poo poo around you so you're technically "playing" as far as poo poo like AFK status goes. The whole point is to just pop that on a choke point and surf the forums or whatever to get your daily event progress.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Logic Probed posted:

Not sure why they'd want to release a trait they admit is the worst one they'll release, but I'm not a dev.

Looks like people are already lamenting the ships aside from the ROM one. I'm interested in the FED one at least, and I kinda want to make it workable, but I don't know if it could be salvaged into something decent.

Command is good for Torpedo builds, which can combine nicely with the science focus.

The Fed and Rom chassis are fine, the seating is fine, it's the traits and consoles that are hot garbage. In fact the Rom ship is the only Full Temporal Science ship with Intel seating available for purchase, the other being a lockbox ship, and that combo is great for Spore-Infused Anomalies.

And yeah, that T6 Obelisk looks fantastic and would make a great summer ship, until they somehow don't make it a Flight Deck Carrier.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hunter Noventa posted:

They look amazing, but their traits are rear end. Borticus is back, it seems.
Jonathan and Jesse have both left Cryptic, as far as I know Bort is the only one left who has any experience designing new ships. Even worse, that probably means he's going to be the one training the new Deca hires in how to build new gear/traits.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Stats don't matter at all.
You can boost the jellyfish's DPS (+weapon power, +all damage, or +electrical damage). It's just pointless to do so if you're just using it to AFK event queues.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11568749

this bundle has Borticuss all over it, useless traits and consoles

and then theyre gonna use it as an example why KDF/Rom ships dont sell well or something

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Teron D Amun posted:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11568749

this bundle has Borticuss all over it, useless traits and consoles

and then theyre gonna use it as an example why KDF/Rom ships dont sell well or something

I've put an earmark on the Romulan one for a future t6 coupon, at least. That's a bundle I won't mind breaking.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I got an Obelisk carrier at some point, put the Aegis set in the visuals slots and named it TRON LIGHTSHIP.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
New event starts today, this one counts for the meta.

Gateway to Gre'thor is probably the quickest and easiest unless you can get a good group for Brotherhood of the Sword.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Christ, pubbies. Gateway to Gre'thor is not hard.

Blow up the first two groups of Iconians, then split the team to the two lanes. Turn off the radiation gateways for ten minutes.

Kill the ships at the end.

Why is this apparently so difficult for people?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Blow up the first two groups of Iconians, then split the team to the two lanes. Turn off the radiation gateways for ten minutes.

I've been queuing for all three and going for what pops first. If anything Herald Sphere is easier simply because it technically doesn't have a failure condition on normal. Even Brotherhood hasn't been too bad.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

Hunter Noventa posted:

I've been queuing for all three and going for what pops first. If anything Herald Sphere is easier simply because it technically doesn't have a failure condition on normal. Even Brotherhood hasn't been too bad.

I definitely prefer Herald sphere. Pubbies do better at flying towards enemies and attacking than they do at interacting with mission objectives.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Cythereal posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

Effect, meet cause, or at least one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Cythereal posted:

1. Blow up the first two groups of Iconians, then split the team to the two lanes. Turn off the radiation gateways for ten minutes.

2. Kill the ships at the end.

3. Why is this apparently so difficult for people?

You don't actually need to do step 2. The mission will progress even if you don't turn off a single radiation gateway or save a single transport. In a public queue its a bit rude not too though.

This does mean its therefore soloable - including AFKing the long middle phase - if you have decent enough build to handle the groups of ships at the end (which includes a dreadnaught that teleports around as it takes dmg).