Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Briefly poked around with the Pahvo set because eh I had some upgrades not doing anything. Observations:
  • The omni-beam works with all the standard energy weapon firing modes (CSV/CRF/BO/FAW) kind of like the old dyson proton cannon. Of course nothing on the item or set actually says this anywhere in-game but at least it's not a completely incomprehensible addition to a set with a cannon-focused console.
  • The damage from the beam is... alright? With just the +69% (nice) proton damage from the console it seems to be equivalent to or slightly better than a turret with a full proper energy-type boosting suite of tac consoles. It actually might be useful to equip unlike some of the other recent sets with gimmick weapons (like the atrocious breen cryo beam).
  • The torpedo is incredibly mediocre. Standard firing modes from spread and HYT, no surprise slow-moving targetable stuff or secret giant bio-molecular or delphic style HYT nuke. Not sure if the resonance AOC proc does anything meaningful even if it's guaranteed, but knowing Cryptic it's probably safe to assume "no". It is at least another [Arc]/180-degree one to throw onto the pile if you care about that sort of thing.
  • I'm not sure how useful the reduced cooldown for cannon skills on the console is in practice considering you can keep one up indefinitely with the appropriate traits as is. Firing cycle haste is a pretty rare thing to see but I don't have the interest or knowledge to math out how it compares to vulnerability locators or the lorca console though. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Patch notes on UI stuff was just "Added a variety of minor UI optimizations to improve performance" but that icon is definitely new. And kind of nice considering anyone who's been playing over a decade a while probably has a laughably massive inventory full of crap.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

There's also the matter of Azure Nebula taking place really early into the Romulan arc (since it predates the playable faction) so storywise it might be a valid choice anyway. Even if it's almost certainly due to a lazy cut and paste yes.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Temporal ops science vessel, so guaranteed to be at least fine.
Temporal/Intel even, so all the anomalies on top of the temporal science bullshit toggle. Doesn't seem too exciting otherwise but it does at least look interesting.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the only other Temp/Intel combo is the Chekov? Which was also recent, and Intel-primary rather than Temporal.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'll always have a soft spot for Voyage Home. I mean its barely a Star Trek film but that's part of why it's fun. It being the first Trek thing I ever saw doesn't hurt either.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jxforema posted:

Your mileage may vary, but I’m not really sure that I really use much ( or anything) out of the 10th bundle at this point. There has just been so much power creep with ships / consoles that do the same thing, only better over that last few years.
On the one hand, this is fair. On the other, the 10th anniversary bundle is still the best zen/boat combo so far and it gets you Pretty Good iterations of every hero ship even if some have been mudflated since. How much it's worth really depends on how much you value space barbie and how many of the still decent traits from the older versions of the ships you're missing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cythereal posted:

just people playing with their new toys from the Mudd bundle

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It is somewhat amusing how this game apparently still makes just enough money to be worth shuffling around but nowhere near enough to keep whatever C-tier company currently holding it afloat.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Eimi posted:

I confirmed I still had it, including visiting my bridge again. Should I try and set it to something else, then go back and change it just to ensure it worked?
Probably a good idea really.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah lobi was never farmable. They just did some token one-time freebies as hidden episode objectives and the like and even that stopped pretty quickly. I think the last example was the freaking Breen arc from twelve years ago?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also if they wanted people to care about lobi they could start adding things to the store again besides a gimmick ground gun once or twice a year. Between that and the Phoenix boxes basically being abandoned it's baffling how many monetization schemes they've just let die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It would be totally unbalanced, and as we all know Cryptic takes great pains to keep the game as tightly run and as well-tuned as it is, where every trait is valuable and all the trap options in a build have long since been smoothed out.