Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

IPCRESS posted:

Guys, I've built a dual cannon & mine dropping TOS constitution for elite STFs.

I've got a minor problem in the boff seating, though: I've got Fire at Will (because captain kirk says it a lot, so it must be good), Overload Integrity Field (because an integrity field sounds like the sort of thing you want running at maximum power), Boarding Party (because kirk used it to escape from the romulans in star trek III: Turns Out Nimoy's Got A Gambling Problem) and finally Structural Analysis (because it sounds like the sort of thing my favourite character, Isis the cat, would say). How do I unlock the "stare gormlessly at a chroma screen for 45 minutes" skill?

Anyway, I'm constantly getting tagged with crappy team mates, so we keep missing the optional objectives, and the primary can take up to 20 minutes some days. Worse, they're all super toxic and say things like "You're trolling" "Why are you throwing this STF" and "Why are you launching shuttles against the gateway"?

How do I avoid such bad team-mates? Is it in the wiki?

Finally, since Cryptic is not very good at responding to my tickets raised about the matter, is there any other way that I can get Isis the Cat added to the memorial of dead star trek people?

this was like a week ago but it's amazing and needs more :roboluv:

Dalris Othaine fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

is this guy a bionicle?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

AGGGGH BEES posted:

That's the undine bioarmor from the lobi store. It gives you a costume unlock.

So "yes" then :thunk:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

can someone post the spore vonph gif again tia, I seem to have lost it

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

greasythepirate posted:

For some reason I decided to listen to yesterday's livestream and while they didn't really give any specifics that aren't in the blog, it was made pretty clear that they are going to be heavily focused on Discovery stuff going forward. Someone asked if this was going to become STD Online, and while they said "no", it sounded more like the 2409 stuff is going to start getting treated like the red-headed Klingon child who only gets stuff every now and then while the STD stuff becomes their big focus going forward. But hey, we'll see right?

I wonder how they'd even do that - the "main game world" is pretty solidly in 2410. New "past quadrant" maybe?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

greasythepirate posted:

Supposedly they are working "closely" with CBS to make sure that their story doesn't contradict the show. Also STO's STD content will apparently take place in the 6 month gap between the 2nd and 3rd episodes. So in theory they could tell a bunch of different stories about a bunch of different battles in that specific time period that don't directly/obviously contradict what is actually in the show after episode 3 picks up.

Stuff like this still weirds me out a bit. Since when is STO a "thing"?

(i know the answers are simultaneously "never" and "since they put more star trek on the air" but still)

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Farts posted:

Registered for the Wiki as my SA name, Farts. I think I am level 14 or so and play casually. Girlfriend is in love with Star Trek universe so we are "playing together"

:sever:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

You know, the last few dev entries have been silly, but at least it seems like they're trying, unlike Kael's usual "blatantly copy pasted from last time complete with transcription errors".

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I left at exactly the right time. :cripes:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

bcott posted:

STO's story really falls apart when you look at the game mechanics any of it.

ftfy

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

MREBoy posted:

1st try @ Starbase 1 queue, Advanced level. All enemies spawned at -55 levels to team, poo poo was blowing up up before their warp-in animations could play. The NPC escape ships were 1-2 shotting things. I brought my sort of try-hard DPS boat this go around because 1st run ever but yeah it was a total :killdozer: snoozefest. GG Cryptic, easy marks/ore on a 5 min cooldown. Will start bringing my joke fit ships & carriers from now on.

did Cryptic finally come out with a Sabotage module

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

MikeJF posted:

In past they've had basic metrics from people logging in to do the rep grind, but I suspect like me most people clicked their way through a single day of raising all their reps towards T6 and went 'oh gently caress it'

pls dont doxx me tia

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Coq au Nandos posted:

This is all going terribly? well!

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

"Last, but most certainly not least, Q has decided to release a few of the Kramp’lhri’s minions for use among you mortals as temporary companions, in the form of a “Tortured Elf” vanity pet. This charming fellow will only be allowed to follow you around the galaxy while the Winter Wonderland is accessible. Attempting to summon him thereafter will simply result in a puff of coal smoke, and a forlorn red cap."

lol what the gently caress they're even making time-gated vanity pets now

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

FuturePastNow posted:

Many of the previous winter pets have been animated during the event, and "dead" outside of it. They're kept alive by Q, or something.

It's still dumb. You make us GRIND for our Christmas presents, Cryptic, you could at least let us play with them all year! :argh:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I'm still surprised we haven't had a mirror universe Fed start where you play as a space Nazi for a few missions before having a change of heart and coming over to the main universe.

That would own far, far too hard for this game and you know it, sir.

plus they're saving it for playable cardassians

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Cythereal posted:

...Next time I'll try to remember that 'play as space Nazis' is something this thread is generally in favor of.

As a cold intro before the "wait a minute we suck" twist yeah, don't make this weird :v:

#dukatwasright

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Did they do a dumb before? (Notably dumb, it's still Cryptic CS, ofc :v: )

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

:thunk:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Zotix posted:

How is the game these days? I haven't played since the Romulan's were introduced.

Nothing they've added since has been as good as that, but there is a lot of new stuff.

Zotix posted:

Thinking of giving it a go again since I have nothing else to play right now. How do the different races hold up, as well as the different specs.

The different races are pretty much the same outside of outliers like the Jem'Hadar vanguards - and those cost money. idk about specs though, so I will defer to someone smart.

Zotix posted:

I was thinking of maybe leveling a science officer, since they are kind of like buffer/ debuffers and healers aren't they?

That's the theory, but in practice it's never really been a "thing" outside of niche (pubbie) situations. Unless you're doing high challenge DPS-hunting though, basically anything will work. It's not hard to get a proper space boat going. #flyhowyoulike

For solo play and higher damage tho, roll tac.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Kael posted:

Our team at Cryptic strives to create excellent content and maintain a high standard of quality for our games. However, the legacy knowledge required to maintain the Foundry at our quality standards is no longer available.

lmao they actually admit they have no idea how poo poo works

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Mondian posted:

Are you ESL or something? I still watch every episode out of some grim schadenfreude and the writing is still juvenile and hamfisted as gently caress. I'm continually surprised that characters don't turn to stare directly to camera and say "DO YOU GET IT?"

It does feel more like a Trek TV show than Season 1's misery simulator ever did.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Asimo posted:

You log in and the game is now Myst, somehow.

That might be an improvement. I mean, I'd log in for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Preechr posted:

Remember, as always, save Hitler.

Is that one of the lockbox doff missions? I've never seen that.

Coq au Nandos posted:

Jason Isaacs, who I had thought didn’t know enjoy his time on the show very much

what?