Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The old bald dude with the small face is clearly a reflection of Haley Joel Osment's life after getting on the wrong side of DARKNESS too many times. Just a poor extra on a train who thinks he's in charge while cooler people take the main stage.

I guess Roger Bacon's transformation here is clearly a sign the dude has become another Xehanort over the past fifteen years since we last saw him. White hair, funky eyes, it all checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
EDIT: I'm behind on pop culture.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 21, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

Sorry about the quality, but check this out. it's the most directly relevant video I could find.

Okay that makes sense. Boo on me.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Usually in those unwinnable battles, after the beatdown, the hero is either saved at the last minute or makes a getaway. But this is one of the few ones where our protag beats his assailant's eye in as payback. I'm not even sure I'd call this running away like normal, because after a direct hit like that, you'd be forgiven for thinking you just won the thing. Sacnoth always improvising on the classic JRPG formula.

Or maybe that's why they call him the Rude Hero. He takes an old British chap's eye and doesn't even say good-bye.

The Dark Id posted:

Our trench coat sporting protagonist has yet to get receive a proper name, so he’ll just be operating under the moniker of “Rude Hero”.

Moving around a grid or any of that positioning nonsense has been exorcised in favor of more traditional mechanics.

Just like we really don’t need to worry about hitting all the targets on the Judgment Ring for theses enemies.

It’s against internationally law to have any incident transpire on a moving train and not have the parties involved eventually clamber up onto a train car roof for a climactic showdown.

Naturally, Roger Bacon begins the dual with a volley of telekinetic gentlemanly slaps. And they call our player character Rude.

Now that we have an enemy that can take some hits, Rude Hero can show off his entire Tekken rear end hit string of physical attack.

1. Minor issue, but the end quotation mark should come after the period, not before.

2. Excised is a better word choice, but exorcise is kinda funny here given JRPGs usually rely on it as a gameplay device to kill undead and whatnot, especially in the context of Koudelka's battle system apparently being such an abomination that it needed to be exorcised from existence. So yeah, it's really up to you here.

3. Should be these.

4. Should be international.

5. Should be duel.

6. Should be attacks.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 22, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Pesky Splinter posted:

to

I think the artist had a neck fetish.

Huh, and said beta portrait already resembles another upcoming character's final portrait. Neck fetish indeed.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I never bothered to check most of the item descriptions in either this one or Covenant save for a whole bunch of plot important items, so all of this is still new to me even after finishing the whole series. Didn't know the plant to restore sanity points got you high as a kite lore-wise but given how appropriate that mechanic is in this setting, it makes sense.

The Dark Id posted:

Effect’s item drops, critical hit rate and modifies evasion rate and attack accuracy.

Rude Hero won’t be donning a Wedding Dress for its above average stats anytime soon. There is also some character specific armors in the game. But we won’t be worrying about that anytime soon.

The girl wakes up again and immediately jumps back from the Rude Hero surprised.

1. Should be affect.

2. Minor issue, and it's a style choice here, but the second, "anytime soon," is redundant. Maybe change it to, "as of yet," or something similar like that.

3. Should be a comma between "Hero" and "surprised."

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

MythosDragon posted:

Who wants to hear Yuri's best voice? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg (Features atleast one character we havnt seen yet so be warned.)

I actually did play this game. I got out of the starting dungeon and got to the first town, and just stopped playing. I really hate timing gameplay, but at least this wasnt Magna Carta where you have to fill an ATB bar, enter a combo, and only get that one turn for all 3 of your characters

Those two others are characters straight from Covenant. I know Chaos Wars is non-canon to say the least but I don't know if this counts against the spoiler policy? Part of me thinks it's no problem and this should be left up but I could also understand why some people might be peeved.

e:f;b

The Dark Id posted:

So I might have been wrong on my assessment of dark dealings in French back allies.

Turns out it was actually like a really aggressive, large mosquitoes and those soldiers would have been way better off just swatting the thing out of the air the whole time.

Also I hate to be a real stickler for detail here, but I just noticed this in the first update. If you're still accepting corrections, the first should be "alleys," and the second should be "mosquitoes." Otherwise I'll happily gently caress off for being so goddamn annoying.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 23, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Most anyone can wear a green overcoat so I wondered why Yuri even thought this guy was his dad without seeing what's under the goofy Halloween decoration. Part of me wonders if this joker has a stereotypical goofy dumb dad voice, or if he sounds like a crazy rear end in a top hat dad, loud and ready to beat the poo poo out of him. Or a mix of both. But you figure most axe murderers living out in the wilderness can do that, so come on man, demand proof of identity before you start having flashbacks to the one time daddy "bet" you a hundred dollars to see if you'd run headfirst into a brick wall. I mean Yuri is now the guy who can reattach his severed arm no problem. All this shitstain can do is teleport around so he can sneak up behind you and give you a noogie.

Then again, Yuri hears voices in his head that it just so happens tell him to pick fights with evil old British men and save pretty girls, and the mask only comes off when Fox Face turns into a winged skeleton monster. Of course he'd think this hell spirit is his dad at first sight.

The Dark Id posted:

Of the three enemies in the area, only wolves are somewhat threatening in that they get to bite multiple times instead of just the once.

Having a healer is kinda important to have around in a RPG where 999 is the maximum HP and we’re starting barely in the mid-double digits.

1. This word should be removed for better sentence flow.

2. Should be "an."

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Yeah, the Malice game mechanic was just more like checking off a tick, like sleeping at an inn or upgrading your equipment, not some godawful game mechanic on par with the deliberately obtuse nonsense of Koudelka or a SaGa game. And monsters like Death Emperor and Raging Tiger sound intimidating until you look at the likes of Bacon and Fox Face, two badass story NPCs who managed to rock Yuri's poo poo in despite everything he has going for him, and his soul is now being held hostage by a punch of evil masks. His fusion powers by comparison so far just involve fusing with nameless generic enemy mobs for assistance. It doesn't help that Fox Face definitely seems to have more experience than his son in using them. When he fuses, he's not using the power of some average mook called Death Emperor you could theoretically find in other games but is still defeated by every team of JRPG protags imaginable in spite of being a cool demon, he takes that poo poo as a title. He is the Death Emperor.

The Dark Id posted:

I like KNOW what I’m getting’ into walking into that a cave that night...

Is all of your solutions punching things, boy?

Was that before or after the voices started in your head.

1. Should be a "to" before this word or it should be changed to "knowing." The apostrophe after "getting" should be removed too.

2. The first word here should be an "are."

3. Should be a question mark at the end here.

Also a personal question to Id regarding some other game-related stuff we've yet to see: Are you going to list the bestiary? Sorry if I come across as forward, it's your LP after all. But that thing adds so much atmosphere to the game.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 26, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That spider description freaked me out the first time I played this game. I'd wake up sleeping on my stomach and immediately turn over to lie on my back in fear that that thing would attack me.

The Dark Id posted:

I’ll be adding this to end of chapters her on out

Sorry to be a nag, but this stood out to me and I had to say something.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 26, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
At first you'd think this is a cannibal town with how blatant they are in preparing a boiling pot for Alice, but then one of them casually remarks their new tutelary deity allows them to turn into humans now. So demons being demons, just business as usual, and not worth freaking out about. A step above from dealing with the giant spiders in the wilderness given their uh, method of doing things.

Then again, all of the townsfolk remark about a fear of being eaten if they step out of line with the rules. Yup, they're actual cannibals, demons who eat demons, as if that couldn't be more disturbing. But of course demons are right shitheads, so maybe that's a good thing if you really look at it right? Look on the bright side: Given that remark from the "Cow-breast mother" about there not being enough children left behind, these people would get along great with Arioch. They'd be laughing and talking together like good old pals.

The Dark Id posted:

<pulls on another drawer> It appear so.

Also, I just saw this, but on the bestiary update you added for Episode V, not the standalone bestiary update which you fixed, this error went unnoticed.

The Dark Id posted:

I’ll be adding this to end of chapters her on out

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Maybe going into the cursed village was a way to see if he was forced to obey the voice, or if he could be flexible and bend the rules. I'm starting to think if it was the former, that he'd start punching himself in the head until things went his way. Makes sense given the whole schtick about going into your inner psyche to fight literal demons.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Meiyuan is as obnoxious a stereotype as any, but I guess the intent is to have that cheesy comic relief in a brutal horror situation, and what better goofball type than some camp gay dude with no regard for boundaries? Especially when our main character is someone who hears voices in his head and uses the powers of demons on a daily basis, someone like this guy I guess is intended to look harmless by comparison, but yeah...this part deffo hasn't aged well. Given how straitlaced Zhuzhen is too, I'm surprised he put up with him for so long. The man is part Yuri's natural toughness with Alice's magic expertise, without any of the head problems of the former and certainly not a fish out of water like the latter.

This game's translation is pretty strong throughout too. But there are some questionable choices in both mangling mythology references documented here in addition to there being a few weird choices in the future, and outright slip-ups, bordering on FFVII's treatment later on, that makes me wonder what they were thinking.

The Dark Id posted:

drat it!! I’ll skin you hide!!

This involves backtracking across town find triggers to make her pop-up and be a jerk.

I was hired by the elders in the neighboring village to came and investigate this place tonight.

Do you two have any other acts besides and odd couple?

As an unfortunately aside, new party members have a set level on joining.

With said, since Yuri is primarily dealing out physical attacks, we’ll give ourselves a small and not too costly edge by just upping his Attack Power and Hit Area one tick.

Since the first five speak for themselves, I'll only speak for the last and say there should be a "that" between "With" and "said."

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 30, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Mazed posted:

Sweet Baby Buddha. Did that article about the Hino-Enma read as complete and utter word salad to anyone else? :psyduck:

It's a wiki site. They tend to be really hit and miss.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm seriously wondering what these cats were using as their litter pan. You think it would be a bonus item or something you'd be able to find amongst all the blood and gore, ala the goofy consumables you'd find in Earthbound like the stinky socks. We already have a guy who hears a voice in his head and Meiyuan's weirdness.

The Dark Id posted:

But what do I know about eastern medicine?

Perhaps that cat-demons.

1. Eastern here should be capitalized since it's referring Eastern culture or something related to it specifically.

2. The, or those. Your choice really.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 1, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The mistranslation here and the subsequent gameplay related confusion is bad enough, but add to that the boss's durability, and this fight can last long. Which is aggravating as this is probably the first time most people will see the berserk status in question, courtesy of Alice. It's very easy to neglect or outright not notice her dwindling SP since most first timers probably won't think it's a big deal, likely from not having read the tutorial or just plain ignorance from not experiencing it firsthand.

On another note, Yamaraja is still a drat weird translation. Despite the Japanese text clearly calling this guy Enma-Ou, they went ahead and used an Indian term, which denotes a Hindu deity bearing the same name but later changed into a different god as it migrated over into East Asia. Even though we're in China.

The Dark Id posted:

It’s a real problem he decides to target Zhuzhen with it.

He’s old, that stuff is just going to weight him down.

...But who’d want to be touch by him?

The first should have an "if" after problem.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
On another note, you gotta wonder how those demons managed to maintain that illusion so effectively. As soon as the village reveals it's true self, every step Yuri makes is accompanied by the squelching of the corpses under his feet. So did all the bloody residue on his shoes immediately turn back into dirt after killing Yamaraja?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Whatever messed up Dehuai must be pretty bad, if Bacon can heal a gaping hole in his head in the blink of an eye and Yuri can reattach limbs on a whim. Then again, the old guy for all his dickery in the Yamaraja business, still had his plans foiled by some hobo who hears voices in his head, and apparently had some run-ins with Harmonixers in the past. Maybe he's not as good as he thinks he is. I also seriously wonder how Kawashima plans to catch Alice if she thinks she's capable of slaughtering an entire train of soldiers with MAGIC! powers.

The Dark Id posted:

Since Tornado is an Earth elemental, our old method of flinging rocks at foes will be all the most effective here.

I do like it seems like Yuri has no idea how to control a big, cumbersome man-bird and is just flailing wildly and hoping for the best.

This is actual a rare, single use item that permanently raises a character’s Agility by one point.

Speaking of a wizen old demon in Shanghai, we now shift focus to Villainy Pagoda, Shanghai where a Chinese sorcerer is clearly doing some dirt.

1. Should be "more."

2. Minor issue, but there should be a "that" between "like" and "it."

3. Should be "actually."

4. Should be wizened.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I had no idea you could permanently lose access to the Guild Card. Good thing the spin for that is pretty easy throughout. And you're right that it's awhile before Alice's magic attack stat gets used for any actual attack spells, but I thought it transferred over to her healing spells.

The Dark Id posted:

At this point in history it should be going by Mukden with Fengtian referring to the providence.

Speaking with that man again and he’ll instantly revert to just an NPC that wants to stay at that fancy hotel in the distance.

The end of the alley is blocked by a pair of Japanese privates that just tell us to get loss.

It’s a pretty simple judgment ring at the Snake Card value.

1. I think this is supposed to be province?

2. Should be "Speak."

3. Should be "lost."

4. Should be capitalized here.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 8, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dark Id, this was a shameful terrible update far below your usual standards.

How could you not photoshop a bloody post-explosion death scene and fake game over screen? It's like you're not even trying! :colbert:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but knock that poo poo off. Show some appreciation.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a referential joke about similar things he's done in many previous LP's and not at all serious :ssh:.

Sorry. It's just that I was reminded of Junpei being an asshat in both this thread and the I Am Setsuna thread, and I know how discouraging remarks like that can be if a creator can't tell if they're being earnest or not.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I wonder sometimes if Tiny wasn't a dog at all and instead just Dehuai's familiar this whole time, or he was some poor actual dog that had some black magic turned onto it. Then again, maybe the latter is Shadow Hearts's messed up version of what a familiar entails.

Also, don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but Mitsuda did contribute to this game and Covenant's soundtrack. So that explains a lot.

The Dark Id posted:

Of all thing, it heavily reminds me of Django, the sub-boss of that classic PS1 fighter Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring. That's the first and hopefully last time I'll recall that title for the next decade.

In retrospect, were quite close to unlocking Yuri's Water elemental Fusion and that probably would have been quite helpful here.

Meanwhile, Margarete is just going to return to slinging grenades at everything until things start being quite so insane.

I mean grew up quite quickly and we fought it as an adult hellhound.

[i]Wouldn't it make more sense to pursue them until that time, ma'am? Our plane can be in the air in just a few minutes. The enemy plane is… it's still in visual range the horizon.

The Western Mata Hari was a best not an actual spy and blackmailed into getting some dirt on people and at worst just godawful at her job.

Four and five have missing words. Specifically, "it grew up quite quickly," and, "it's still in visual range on the horizon," or "beyond the horizon," or really, whatever word you were going for.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 15, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I was starting to wonder if Hyuga Sr. ever actually called Yuri by name once after he said, "Boy." Started to think we had a God of War Kratos dude on our hands but he went and redeemed himself.

Then again, he is currently a malevolent entity drawn to the world of the living by hate energy and sealed in Yuri's headspace. So maybe the comparison is pretty apt after all.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Sea Mother's story scared the hell out of me as a kid, partly because it was so unique for a JRPG to go into this kind of territory, and because this is a game where you kill spiders that feed on their victims' anuses and fight cute little cats and dogs turned into demons.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 18, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
On another note, you'd think Li Li's curse is pretty mundane by comparison for such a tragic backstory, but then again, with a deep gruff man's voice, people might start thinking she's like Manah. It's always the ghosts and cursed people who have the voice of the Legion.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm surprised with Zhuzhen back and getting a new weapon that we haven't seen Meiyuan resurface, since creeping on peoples' boundaries is how he improves equipment. I'm not complaining though.

The Dark Id posted:

[i]A boat. You know how to operate on, I presume.

It's a weird, gross boy. Not into it.

Number two should say, "It's a bit weird."

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Yamaraja: Wind is weird, because not only is it the kind of boss that just by looking at it, you'd think it's a wind boss, translation errors be damned, but looking at the Shadow Hearts wiki, the kanji used in "Hiei" are used confusingly enough to still make you wonder what exactly it's original title actually was. They have a pretty comprehensive translation list there, but this is one of the few times they don't. I wish the actual name was something along the lines of flying shadow, because that, while kinda sorta contradicting the earth element, would still be definitive.

I also forgot they let loose such a big spoiler about Dehuai's misdeeds this early on. Thought it would be a thing where you'd learn later and her journal entry would update accordingly. The guy seems like your average JRPG clown, and even Bacon gets in on the action of ripping on him with the rest of the party, but yeesh. Talk about getting dark quickly.

The Dark Id posted:

I dunno Ghost transform into freaky poo poo all the time.

[i]I getting a wee bit lost here...

Yeah, she's a spy. Not very good one, mind you.

1. Ghosts should be plural, and there should either be a comma here, or it should be two sentences.

2. Should be "I'm."

3. Should be "Not a very good one."

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 22, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Since the last boss showed up out of a red Judgment Ring, I thought they were gonna do a fakeout Chrono Cross/Xenogears style where Li Li would pop up out of the save point below deck and give Yuri a wedgie. Not even Alice would be able to keep herself from laughing.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Man Dragon is already at a disadvantage element wise, but the difference in those stat boosts really seals the deal. Inferno has a good strength boost and isn't too shabby intelligence wise. And surprising absolutely no one, the poor watery bastard is yet another low point of this game's translation. It should be "Dragon God." It's especially egregious as not only is that a hard mistake to make when phonetically speaking, "Man Dragon" is the last translation you'd think of when looking at the kana alone were that the case, but the original text outright used kanji.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Dehuai's fantasy is to be the best oniichan he can be. Women who aren't burdened by magic destinies or outright cursed just don't do it for him. Although if he's that jealous of Zhuzhen, he could do better by not going out of his way to have his own younger goofy underling as a counterpart to Yuri. One of him is enough, we don't need some other weirdo who also follows orders to compulsively stalk random women and harass old folks just because someone told him to.

The Dark Id posted:

This is the reason we equipped everyone with Rosewood Bracelets on everyone.

Redundant use of "everyone" here.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

There was only one another character that was planned for it before the idea got scrapped and it was (Spoilers for a character in Covenant) Kurando's dad.

Wasn't the black bat from FTNW going to be a character too? Or maybe that was early fan speculation.

I always figured that it would work since he'd be the obligatory Valentine character.

Also, drat what a difference between Yuri and the Colonel are when using their Fusion. Yuri has a nervous breakdown screaming in pain but the Colonel just stands tall and grunts, even when using something as big and badass as Czernobog.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
You woulda thought that with Dehuai still being active and something of a town hero by the townsfolk dialogue coupled with everything he's been through recently, Zhuzhen would have seen this kind of poo poo coming a mile away once someone said that Zhen wasn't the owner anymore.

The Dark Id posted:

At around sundown, he transforms into Bumming a Few Bucks Off His Mates For a Pint Miha.

Oh, if that’s who you mean, just have seat. He should be along any minute now.

Like... literally. Is that... the same clothes, even?

1. EDIT: I'm a dingus that can't read.

2. I checked the game script for clarification, and this wasn't a translation error. Should be, "just have a seat."

3. Should be, "Are those...the same clothes, even?"

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 5, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Part of me wishes they kept Yamaraja: Wind's immunity to magic. If you're gonna do the hard mode thing with a solo character, especially one as versatile as Yuri, go all the way.

Also, it should be Wind Shears.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Nohman posted:

Yeah if you owned a Gamecube because they put a busted rear end, ugly as sin looking playable Link in it and that's the only version anyone got. And lol playing a fighting game on a Gamecube's trash tier controller. Plus there's a direct through-line of Soul Calibur 2 having guest characters to DLC characters in fighting games to $30 season pass bullshit nowadays in every fighter stupid poo poo like Negan from The Walking Dead in Tekken. gently caress Soul Calibur 2.

I thought people loved the Gamecube controller. Still don't know why they randomly had Heihachi in the PS2 version, when the Gamecube had Link and the Xbox had motherfuckin Spawn.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This dungeon always bothered me for some reason, but I could never figure out why and thought maybe I was just having a bad day. Good to see someone else shares my disdain for it, guess it wasn't just me.

I also think Master Shoho is the Japanese reading of the characters used in Xiaofang's name, instead of the Mandarin reading. Which is weird they'd slip up on this since, say what you will about the other goofs, the translators went out of their way to render Chinese words for accuracy and atmosphere from a Japanese script.

The Dark Id posted:

Time for the first trial of Wuhan Temple, the Dan Tien Court.

We'd supplies because it wouldn't be a big gimmick dungeon without a decent random encounter rate, now would it?

1. Tian.

2. I'm think this should be, "We need."

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
It's so weird to see Berserker Armor Wugui stick his butt out when he uses his insta death attack. Although I didn't realize it was multi-target. That's bad, but still definitely not as annoying as the mandatory lategame FTNW boss with a similar gimmick.

And on Yuri's immunity, now I really am confused. Everywhere I've read it says he's no longer immune to Game of Death, but if transforming into Death Emperor is all that you need, then I'm surprised Inferno Yuri was able to take it no problem, since I was under the impression that Id didn't give him a Leonardo's Bear.

The Dark Id posted:

Well, it'd better dick around with the people trying to stop him because I'm really bored.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This game definitely spooked me a bit back then with all the weird monsters and Sea Mother's tale of Li Li going batshit, but the scratches on the table and that thing in Wugui's mancave was just the cherry on top.

The Dark Id posted:

This accessory can actually be combined with an additional accessory or two that widens the Hit Area, coupled with Wander Meiyuan's acupuncture upgrade to do the same, in order to make the invisible Hit Area wide enough that it can be reliably hit still and transform Yuri into even more of a beast.

This Kappa is a Speckled Creeper and it always comes in a package set with the tall lad with the skull as its partner.

Up the stairs, just around the corner, we round out or consumable discovering with the third level of SP restoring items.

The wording in 2 is kinda confusing. It reads like the second guy, the Happy Creeper, also has a skull as it's partner.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I think I remember Christopher Nolan stating the Kowloon Walled City was the basis for the slums of Gotham in Batman Begins. At the end of that movie when everybody is exposed to the insanity gas, I guess seeing some of the monsters that are populating this game wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.

The Dark Id posted:

It's capable of ghost-slapping party members and performing Wind Sheer.

Hate to be a nag and correct ya twice, but this should be Wind Shear.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I guess those meat things were all supposed to be this game's version of liches maybe. The one by the desk looks like it has a face on the top left hand corner of the screen. Although maybe Zhuzhen was right on the money with Wugui. The guy is into instant death magic, would give Plastic Man a run for his money, made the Happy Creeper for gently caress's sakes, oh and of course he works for someone as normal and sensible as Dehuai. Yuri is a pretty decent guy and still sees demon hallucinations of his old man and hears voices in his head, you know this Triad scumbag has some issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Those phallic demons freak me the gently caress out, but I seriously wonder why the hell Dehuai and Wugui would have these things running around at all.

The Dark Id posted:

I recall the background of this battlefield looking remarkable ugly even when it was a pixelated mess on the original hardware.

The dickless ghosts here are much fewer crybabies about it

Apparently, it was some cryptid recorded back during the Song Dynasty, but hell if I can find a wiki article about it other than the fact it appeared (as depicted above) in Shin Megami Tensei IV and several Asian gotcha mobile games.

2 has weird wording. It'd sound better to say they're not crybabies about it. 3 should be "gacha" games.