Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Andyzero posted:

Everyone else is Sora.

Wrong, everyone else is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Rigged Death Trap posted:

At least 2 (sort of?) Adresses this problem.
Though some elements remained, sadly.

And lets not even get into what 3 brings to the table for "problematic" additions to the series. Anime was a mistake. :colbert:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
You know, I can't help but get a FF12 vibe from the whole "Wolves Palate Swap" thing. God there were so loving many wolves in FF12 it hurt.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hunt11 posted:

So that update was filled with at least 60% assholes.

Eh, I'd say 80% myself, god only knows what those soldiers do in their spare time. Probably kick puppies or some poo poo.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

bman in 2288 posted:

I'm sorry you played Koudelka, my guy.

HAVE physical copies of all four games, not PLAYED all four games. English language is tricky like that.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Happy Birthday Id's daughter, hope your dad isn't giving you constant "oh your friends are dead, just kidding!" monologues like he's want to do in his LPs.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
You know, I like the idea that angels aren't all they're cracked up to be. Kinda like how SMT4's archangels are loving grotesque monsters just like the demons they claim to hate. Yuri's "Angel" transformation goes along those same lines, he didn't turn into a being of "goodness and beauty" as much as he turned into another grotesque monster like the rest of his transformations.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well, Megaten Lucifer is also a lot more on your side than god is, especially in Nocturne, so there's also that :v:

SMT4/Apocalypse Lucy was also pretty chill all things considered...the fact he's a grotesque abomination made from a human not withstanding. But yea, Megaten Lucifer is a pretty chill dude that wants to sell you on the idea of a Dog Eat Dog world over a cup of tea :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

StandardVC10 posted:

You can't fool me, game. Those are clearly just pistachios. :colbert:

Keep those demon nuts away from me

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
As we can see: poo poo be hosed, yo.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I can't believe Yuri is loving dead.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Geostomp posted:

Oh boy, here we go. So, we placing bets on just how many orphans turned into supernatural horrors we'll be facing this time?

With this game? I make no bet against it. SH doesn’t have the hard on that DRAKENGARD does for kids, but it would be remiss if it didn’t cap a few kids in the head in broad daylight.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Cardiovorax posted:

gently caress, i'm hungry. who wants to order some pizza? bacon pizza.

Bacon Chicken pizza slathered in a sweet and smoky BBQ Sauce. You're welcome

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Accordion Man posted:

Id's almost right at endgame but the Shadow Hearts Trilogy loves throwing a slew of sidequests at you once you gain access to the final dungeon. Said sidequests in the series are usually actual dungeons and not lovely mini-games like FF 10 so they're worth doing.

Oh god I remember Tales of Symphonia opening up a SLEW of side-quests -right- before the final boss. When you're already balls deep in the last dungeon, including the arena bonus bosses.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Cardiovorax posted:

There's a reasonable chance that Id might pick up Covenant once he's done with this one, so maybe it would be best not to go into more detail than that.

I think he might do the second game sometime after this. But...not sure if he'd pick up covenant. There's always a chance but...I'd say SH2 has a bigger chance since it continues Yuri's story after this

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Gilgamesh255 posted:

:ughh: Of course it was.

Echoing the loving sentiment. God drat I can't wait to see Konami stop bastardizing their franchises. Also calling a Yu-Gi-Oh pachinko machine if one hasn't happened yet.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Brainamp posted:

Shadow Hearts isn't a Konami series.

I was dunking on Konami on top of lamenting Shadow Hearts Pachinko machines.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
RIP Alice getting paid for the whole thing. But I guess a Discount Neconomicon is about as good to get "paid" with.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

ZiegeDame posted:

IIRC He's also, at even levels, the second strongest physical attacker after Yuri, and his judgement ring is evenly sized and spaced, so he's good for making short work of random encounters if you're like me and allergic to spending MP outside boss fights.

Even in the Etrian Odessey games, I am heavily against using resources because JRPGs have taught me to hoard like a manic squirrel off it's meds. Then i use them anyways because if I don't I game over and then have to redo several hours of game. So it's like, I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Shitenshi posted:

Never played Dragon Song here either, but on bad game mechanics, I heard that the way you ran from battles involves you breathing on the bottom of the DS. Yup, can only imagine how much fun people had there.

Oh god you have no idea. They had to shoehorn in a LOT of stuff just because the DS was new at the time. It's easily one of the worst RPGs out there IMO.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Ape. Ape please. Please don't remind us of that abomination please.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Req.Martyr posted:

Also just general hygiene and the kind but simple gesture.

There's probably a joke about them eating up precious inventory space in other games, reflection how inconvenient it can be to carry them if you don't have a bag with you, but you're too polite to turn them down when offered.

I don't think I can play a Yakuza game without getting oodles of pocket tissues

So THAT'S why I keep getting those loving inventory cloggers in Zero...

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
You know, it’s nice to see your reward for The Ultimate Boss Battle is something that is basically the “I Win” button on steroids so you can just teabag everything else within the game. It’s annoying how many games that you can play with big bosses give you something that is just a trophy for winning.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Pesky Splinter posted:

I believe the technical term is a "Ram Rod" :v:

:frogout:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Welp, time to do the bad deed and kill plot central characters for the second time. Oh well, Yuri at least gets a sequel which Koudelka can’t say she really got.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

CmdrKing posted:

Xenosaga 3 is half of a good game and half of two other games smooshed together with so little breathing room it amounts to a plot summary, and the underlying plot is so loving dumb that it would take a lot of nuance and execution to give it emotional weight or resonance but... nope, all that happens in the span of 2-3 hours of gameplay, during which you have multiple long boss fights.

Considering it was supposed to be three more games, ending on a really annoying cliffhanger that NEVER got any conclusion, they kinda needed to shove all that in one after another. RIP Xenosaga, you were killed because your second game sucked so badly because it got the Sonic 06 treatment, being thrown out into the wild before it was completely baked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Ubiquitous_ posted:

It should be Xenosaga Episode 1: Der Wille zur Macht.

Nah, Superman 64.