Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

so is this like the 3ds mario tennis then ? cos mario golf had a huge amount of stuff to do in it but mario tennis was kind of basic. hard to believe theyre both made by camelot

The other Mario Tennis game had a lot of content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I.N.R.I posted:

so is this like the 3ds mario tennis then ? cos mario golf had a huge amount of stuff to do in it but mario tennis was kind of basic. hard to believe theyre both made by camelot

Single player sounds pretty barebones. I'd kill for another Mario Golf game as good as the 3DS one , I used to get off of a long night at work and go to the bar and find a cozy corner on the patio and play that game and the stress would just melt away :)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Plutonis posted:

The other Mario Tennis game had a lot of content

which one? the Wii U game was literally just players and courts and sometimes you'd grow really big, it was awful

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Camelot doesn't want to do RPG modes anymore and they probably couldn;t even if they did

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

which one? the Wii U game was literally just players and courts and sometimes you'd grow really big, it was awful

I meant the Gameboy ones lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Plutonis posted:

I meant the Gameboy ones lol

oh yeah, they haven't done that style of single-player since the GBA days and probably won't do it again even though they know it's something people want and people complain every time a game comes out without it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Single player sounds pretty barebones. I'd kill for another Mario Golf game as good as the 3DS one , I used to get off of a long night at work and go to the bar and find a cozy corner on the patio and play that game and the stress would just melt away :)
Everybody's Golf on PS4 is super great, it scratches a lot of the Mario Golf itch.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

cabbagepots mode

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

playing against the defense characters is really hard. feels like they can hit the ball from anywhere.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everybody's Golf on PS4 is super great, it scratches a lot of the Mario Golf itch.

Everybody's looks real good and I'll probably grab it if I see it on sale but the portability is what made Mario Golf 3DS such a comfy game for me

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

How is the multiplayer in this? My friend just got this and I'm thinking of jumping on the new release wave.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Almost 7000 points and still no tournament win :negative:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

How is the multiplayer in this? My friend just got this and I'm thinking of jumping on the new release wave.

It’s really meant as a multiplayer game so go wild

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

it's hard to beat the cpu on ace difficulty in simple mode

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

win ration quickly getting to 50%

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does anyone want to play this tonight? We need to get some imp sets going

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

instead of buying/playing this game i'm reading about the bowser jr contraversy amongst the nintendo esports community

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mario tennis asses.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This games a dud brah. Shut it down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

instead of buying/playing this game i'm reading about the bowser jr contraversy amongst the nintendo esports community

whats the browser jr controsversy

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

who's the mother?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This games a dud brah. Shut it down.

ill play mario golf on 3ds insead

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

whats the browser jr controsversy

bowser jr is too strong and everyone is complaining about it so much an official rule of the mario tennis reddit is to stop complaiing about bowser jr

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Today is a dark day for the imp zone.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lmao i noticed that in a match against bowser jr, but then a kicked a bowser jr rear end as big bowser so i thought the first guy was just good

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
after 100 matches as chain chomp (300 if you count demo) i switched to bowser jr last night and have recieved more gamer hate than i ever have in my life. people declining matches or accepting only to do rude gestures and throw the game and seeking out my twitter to complain

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What makes Bowser JR so strong?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Every single character in this has way too much range.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

fadam posted:

What makes Bowser JR so strong?

very good range, very good speed even while charging shots, insane trick shots that reach across the entire court, decent power on top of all of it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

ill play mario golf on 3ds insead

This.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
watching DarkSydePhil desperately try to defeat the Blooper on the ship and being penalized for serving the ball directly into the mast over and over and crying laughing

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

watching DarkSydePhil desperately try to defeat the Blooper on the ship and being penalized for serving the ball directly into the mast over and over and crying laughing

i love it so much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

after 100 matches as chain chomp (300 if you count demo) i switched to bowser jr last night and have recieved more gamer hate than i ever have in my life. people declining matches or accepting only to do rude gestures and throw the game and seeking out my twitter to complain

Lol cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Love talking about The Meta online

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Says the Tri-Slosher main.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i didn't really understand how trick shots worked in the demo. can u block them ? what gives. or whatever the fulll meter shots were called. with the fighting game cutscene

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can go into Max Payne mode and block them pretty easily.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Assuming you have meter yeah.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm beginning to think "powerful" characters aren't good and maybe the defensive ones are better cause they have better range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

oh I guess reading the bowser Jr stuff just confirmed what I thought

• Locked thread