Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can't wait to play this when UPS gets here at 5PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Funniest trick is to hit the ball far away from your opponent and watch them run to catch it, then right before they get into position to hit it use your zone speed and make them stumble. Funny and practical!

What? You can only use zone speed when the ball is coming at you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can charge lobs and drops.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

leftist heap posted:

I've played up to blooper. Not sure which mechanics are left to be explained.

It seems like no matter what I do my opponent is getting drastically more star shots and building their energy way, way faster. I'm 2-10 now online.

If you get off on the wrong foot, concede the point. Being stuck in a situation where all you can do is respond to the other person means they keep building their meter and you are just scrambling and possibly losing meter with trick shots. Obviously this doesn't work if they have 40 or advantage, but it's a way to shut their meter building down and another chance to build yours.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's like the ranks in rocket league, it's just a measure of how long someone has played the game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Have you tried playing normal online instead of tournament?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

Can lob shots be aimed to the left or right? Every drop shot I make drops it in the center.

Yes, hold a direction.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've enjoyed my time with this game but I feel like it should have been 40 dollars.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just never hit X, it's terrible. Use the right stick for trick shots. use A+B and B+A for lobs and drops. X is only there as a concession for using single joycons. Nintendo should release a circle pad pro for Joycons.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You haven't played the single player? it puts you in several situations where you have to use the mechanics of the game to pass.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'll be in there eventually.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So basically if you are good at the joystick, you can gently caress over other people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ranking is going to be determined by how much money is in your eShop balance.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I have a similar issue with Drop Shots, but for me it's when I try and use the A+B command, holding Up or Down, both will result in a Lob, no matter when I hold the stick or anything.

A then B is lob, B then A is drop.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

When I counter a special shot with a special shot, my animation plays, I hit the ball, and every time I get rocketed to the back edge of the court and lose the ralley. I can block 99% of the special shots that come at me but I never knock my opponent to the back edge. What's going on?

That's what happens when you counter a special with a special. You get knocked to the back of the court and your opponent gets an easy shot. Don't counter a special with a special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ZeButler posted:

So what you're actually saying is that you want trick shots removed from the game, because that's basically what would happen if you removed energy gain from trick shots.

The gain of a trick shot is that you were on the wrong side of the court. You shouldn't be rewarded for poor placement.