Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Both final cases in the two games can be best summed up as "but wait, there's even more".
Generally speaking, there's decent agreement that in AAI1 it made the case drag a lot but in AAI2 it somehow worked.

It isn't stated outright how Edge knows Amano, but reading between the lines I think he is meant to be one of Manfred's old acquaintances/associates/friends, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I do believe he says that he knew him through Manfred at the beginning of the case.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rich Dad using tons of money to save his moron failson from being convicted of crime. A tale as old as time.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DariusLikewise posted:

Rich Dad using tons of money to save his moron failson from being convicted of crime. A tale as old as time.

See, the pun I want to make here is kind of a half-spoiler for AAI2.

Oh, to heck with it:

Tale as old as time /
Song as old as rhyme /
Beauty and Debeste.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Omobono posted:

Both final cases in the two games can be best summed up as "but wait, there's even more".
Generally speaking, there's decent agreement that in AAI1 it made the case drag a lot but in AAI2 it somehow worked.

I haven't played AAI2 but I didn't feel that the final case in this game dragged on as bad as this one.

Mostly because it was the final case and in true Ace Attorney Fashion, stuff was bonkers enough that it held my interest.

Unlike Lang's obstinate objections :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Grand Turnabout is the first case of AAI2. The final case is fine. It's the first case that drags on.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

Quackles posted:

The Grand Turnabout is the first case of AAI2. The final case is fine. It's the first case that drags on.

No, The Grand Turnabout is the last case. Turnabout Target is the first one.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Woops. I misremembered! Turnabout Target is the one that dragged on, then.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm lowkey surprised this hasn't fallen into the archive yet(and am mostly posting to make sure this doesn't get archived while I'm grabbing stuff), but I'm planning on backing up up my posts so I can resume this in wherever screenshot LPs end up in the coming weeks.

Case 3 is bad but it's not as bad as what's happening right now.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Looking forward to resumption *salutes*

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's Almost Christmas in June!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I'm in the process of posting all the updates over on LPBeach. I'm a smart LPer who doesn't back up any of his images once the update's done, so hopefully LPix doesn't go 'nah we're done' if/when SA bites it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lowtax is gone! Things can go on.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Lowtax is gone! Things can go on.

Is he gone, or has it only been said he's going to be gone?

Not to be That Person, but the deal might still fall through.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Quackles posted:

Is he gone, or has it only been said he's going to be gone?

Not to be That Person, but the deal might still fall through.

So far, we've only got a mod's statement that Lowtax has started the process of transferring SA to him, but that mod has also encouraged caution in case that falls through.

Still quite encouraging though. It looks like this site's got a good chance to survive this mess.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Whew, I can go back to updating once every 1-6 months like normal.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Whatever works best for you, sir.

comicfan92
Aug 30, 2018

Haifisch posted:

I'm in the process of posting all the updates over on LPBeach. I'm a smart LPer who doesn't back up any of his images once the update's done, so hopefully LPix doesn't go 'nah we're done' if/when SA bites it.

Can you give us a link to that? My search for LPBeach has been enormously unhelpful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

https://lpbeach.co.uk/